So I have been mostly busy with either working on one of a few display pieces for my local store or stripping paint off of used minis.
Thankfully, I am finished with the largest display piece and I see an end in sight to scrubbing off old paint.
First off, here is the piece I was working on. The owner had asked for a non-traditional paint scheme and this is what I ended up with:
Unfortunately, I have not had time to build a new lightbox and the charger for my real camera is missing. So my phone had to suffice for now and has washed out a lot of the colors on the DreadKnight. The last picture is the only one that comes close to catching the transitions and tones.
As for my Tau, I took a couple pictures from one of my existing projects:
Production on my Riptide started for the "Size Does Matter" contest, but I was simply not able to finish it in time, much less to my satisfaction. Unfortunately, I also forgot to varnish it prior to a move, so a lot of the paint is chipping off.
I modified the front torso because I could not stand the exhaust ports. I like symmetry and they were driving me crazy, so I added in the missiles instead and I really like how they worked out.
I want to add some armor around the ankles to conceal how fragile they appear and I am also considering doing some armoring on the head or possible making a custom head piece, since the heads appear so hilariously tiny compared to the bulk of the Riptide. I had originally planned to use the stock HBC, but after seeing Agentarrow's XV105 Tsunami, I can no longer even look at the standard version. So I will be planning to make a larger and (hopefully) more intimidating HBC.
In other news, I started work on an XV8 commander, only to notice terrible miscasts in the finecast. 2-3 emails to GW and a week later I have a replacement, free of charge. I have only had to email them twice on an issue, and both times they have replaced the model within short order. What I am currently:
A fantasy commission piece
Convert (with WiPs) another XV8 and attach weapon systems