Tearphoenix's Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Re: Tearphoenix's Project Log

Post#21 » Jun 08 2015 02:54

Well, it has been awhile since I have worked on much of anything, but especially Tau.

A local GW is having a small painting competition, so I have been working on a commander in the hopes of finishing him in time. I'm planning to have some painted pictures by the end of the week.

Here is a mock up of the pose. He has since been primed and hopefully I don't have much more sanding to do before painting.

As always, would love some C&C.

Warhound
Shas

Post#22 » Jun 08 2015 02:58

Nice work!

I too have used those pods.. Much more representative of the awesome firepower:-D

Cheers

Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#23 » Jun 08 2015 10:49

Thanks Warhound,
I don't know why, but I hadn't really paid attention to them before. I was pilfering my bits and noticed them for this guy and now I don't want to use any of the normal missile pods...

Co'da
Shas

Post#24 » Jun 08 2015 10:56

Very nice! The combination of underslung cannons and the big missile pods gives it a very tough look. The pose contributes to that as well. He's got a "EHH?? WHO'S NEXT??" vibe to him, without suffering from GW "pointing off into space"-itis. :P Like a boxer rolling on his feet. I really like the look of it.

What are you thinking for colours?

themoogle
Shas

Post#25 » Jun 09 2015 04:58

Looks really tough and well commander like :) . I was wondering were the missile pods comes from?

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#26 » Jun 09 2015 07:55

themoogle wrote:Looks really tough and well commander like :) . I was wondering were the missile pods comes from?

Broadsides, but you can use two missile pods stacked to do the same thing.

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#27 » Jun 09 2015 10:20

Thanks everyone!

The missile pods are actually from the riptide kit.

Co'da wrote:What are you thinking for colours?

Probably the same grey and purple with red accents that I have been using, but I feel my previous scheme is missing something, but I am not sure what yet.

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#28 » Jun 22 2015 09:03

In typical fashion, I worked up a ton of motivation and a target deadline only to have a major system crash at work. Oh well, I have made a little progress on my commander, but nothing much to report.

I have decided to step back and look at my color scheme. I am not entirely happy with it and I have only used it on a handful of models, so I think now would be the ideal time to re-evaluate before I have half an army painted and discover I hate it.

In other news, my birthday was good to me this year.

I was surprised to see the clampacks instead of the forgeworld bags. Have they just recently started doing this because of Warhammer World?

Hopefully, I'll have some WiP of a new color scheme soon.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#29 » Jun 23 2015 05:41

Tearphoenix wrote:As always, would love some C&C.

Not much to give you besides... Awesome.

I finally just got my mitts on this kit, and I am very impressed with the parts breakdown. Lots of scope for conversion over the standard XV and even Farsight's kit. Underslung have been my choice for weapons placement since the FW suits came out, I prefer their mounting style to the slapped on look but the modular approach is most evident in the regular arms.

Co'da
Shas

Post#30 » Jun 23 2015 09:23

It took me a minute to realise that was an airbrush. I thought it was a bit you were going to use as a weapon swap.

:roll:

Return to “Project Logs”