Tearphoenix's Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Re: Tearphoenix's Project Log

Post#51 » Jan 06 2017 11:54

Ironsky wrote:I had somehow missed your WIP shots of the Moray. Really good work, and one of my favourite entries! I had been wondering how it all went together... Really like the additional thrusters on the Riptide legs as well, are they XV25 jet packs?

Looking forward to updates on the Hounds and Tetras.

Thank you!

The thrusters are from the XV25s and a few chopped up sensor tidbits from a broadside kit, I think.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#52 » Jan 07 2017 10:48

I may have to steal that design...

Tael
Fio'O

Post#53 » Jan 08 2017 10:48

Hounds and Tetras, man after my own hobbyist heart. I have a pack of the older metal versions - yet to see paint. I know, I'm terrible.

How goes this project so far?

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#54 » Jan 09 2017 11:54

Tael wrote:Hounds and Tetras, man after my own hobbyist heart. I have a pack of the older metal versions - yet to see paint. I know, I'm terrible.

How goes this project so far?

Tetras are one of my longstanding favorites, almost as much as the first Hammerhead box art that first drew me in to Tau.

Sadly, not much progress has been made now that I am back home and have returned to work (full time and a small hobby startup).

Although, I received a new shelving unit for Christmas, so now all of my Tau projects are staring right at me instead of sitting away on a hidden shelf. I hope this helps me get motivated to find more time to work on them.

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#55 » Mar 26 2017 07:33

Update time! I have actually been pretty busy with my Tau of late. Not much paint has happened since I buried my airbrush setup and took over my desk with other projects, but I have been a bit busy...

I had this arrive not too long ago.

To say I am excited would be a slight understatement!

Just finished giving it a bath today, so I will begin full clean up, dry fits, and pinning soon.

I am in the process of making room to paint again. Once I have that opened up, I plan to finish up my Riptide before anything else. I think its high time since I bought it on the day Riptides were first released. :sad:

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#56 » May 12 2017 01:44

I have been working on a lot of hobby projects lately, but most of them have been basing materials or attempting to better organize my hobby room. However, I have been sneaking in more work on my Riptide.

First, I think I finally got some of my putty work on the thrusters smoothed down enough for paint. I have also been working on the shin guards. They looked a bit off to me, and then one just fell off, so I did some "slight" modifications.

Pictures are a bit rough with how much debris has built up from sanding.

I still have a bit of sanding left and then I am hoping to either scribe some panels or do raised paneling with very thing plasticard.

After that I believe I have a tiny bit of work left on 2 fins that I put on the thrusters and then I may revisit some of the back details. At some point I am going to have to stop modifying things or it will never be finished. It's just such a fun model to tinker with.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#57 » May 12 2017 03:29

Tearphoenix wrote:...At some point I am going to have to stop modifying things or it will never be finished. It's just such a fun model to tinker with.

I know exactly how you feel on that one! Good to see more progress, I'll be watching out for more

Tael
Fio'O

Post#58 » May 13 2017 09:48

Indeed, with Ironsky on this one, glad you're fussing along and enjoying all the FW goodness :D

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#59 » May 13 2017 09:31

Took a break from sanding and polishing the shin guards to begin work on the base. Hope to have some oozing slime out of the pipe. A lot of work left to do on the base, but wanted to get the big chunks on to make sure I liked the pose.

A glance at what the suit will look like when it's finished. Hoping to be able to get something other than primer on it within the next week or so. Note, using Kaelyn's alternative shoulders.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#60 » May 25 2017 01:08

Hey, just saw that you used my shoulder alternative.
I can't wait to see them in your nice models when finished.

Do you mind if I link the future model pic to my model reviews list on my project log ?
Keep up the nice work.

Return to “Project Logs”