[CADRE LOG] Li'Kavaal

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Leigabar
Shas

[CADRE LOG] Li'Kavaal

Post#1 » Mar 16 2013 05:18

--OPENING UPLINK TO DATABASE - AUTHORIZATION CODE: ****** --
--AUTHORIZATION CODE ACCEPTED. ACCESS GRANTED.--
--WELCOME COMMANDER--

DESIGNATION: Li'Kavaal

FOUNDING: - AUTHORIZATION CODE: ****** --

Unauthorized Kavaal formed at Bork'an shortly after daring O'Shaserra act in front of Mont'yr dome. Due to concentration of large number Kor'Vattra near Bork'An and Fal'Shia preventing actions could not be executed until it have been to late. Kavaal formed of Shas, Fio, Por and Kor from various clans and ranks. Participation of any Aun representative not confirmed.

REPORTED MISSING MAJOR KOR'VATTRA VESSELS:

CUSTODIAN: ELRO
PROTECTORS: IS and KA

COMMANDING OFFICER: -- UNKNOWN --

OFFICERS: - AUTHORIZATION CODE: ****** --

Reported following persons of note gone AWOL:

1. Shas'El'Tau'n'He'da
2. Shas'Vre'Vior'la'Myr'la
3. Shas'Vre'Sa'cea'Nan'la
4. Shas'Vre'D'yanoi'Doran'da
5. Shas'Vre'Bork'an'Vre'la
6. Shas'Vre'Dal'yth'Da'sho
7. Shas'Vre'Fal'shia'Re'yr

PERSONNEL: Fully operational invasion and / or colonization crew

HELPERS: Full contingent of Kor'Vesa - various designation and puropses

AUXILIARY: -- UNKNOWN --

VEHICLES : -- BATTLE READY --

CURRENT STATUS: -- ABSENT WITHOUT OFFICIAL LEAVE! REPORT TO NEAREST STATION WHEN DETECTED! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

CURRENT LOCATION: -- UNKNOWN --

MISSION STATUS: -- UNKNOWN --

--ERROR--
--DATA CORRUPTION FOUND--
--UPLINK LOCKED. DATA EXPUNGED.--

----

--OPENING UPLINK TO DATABASE - AUTHORIZATION CODE:
****** --
--AUTHORIZATION CODE DENIED--
--THE FILES YOU ARE SEACHING FOR DO NOT EXIST--
--TERMINAL LOCKED FOR THE GREATER GOOD. THE PROPER AUTHORITIES HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.--
Last edited by Leigabar on Mar 25 2013 05:24, edited 2 times in total.

Leigabar
Shas

Re: [CADRE LOG] Li'Kavaal

Post#2 » Mar 18 2013 04:33

Li'Kavaal - Poachers - Genesis

Li'Kavaal or to be more precise Li'Kavaal #3 later renamed Poachers Coalition or simply Poachers is one of so called "Rogue Fleets Project".
There were exactly three fleets formed under this project with one thing in common - lack of trust to O'Shaserra which transformed into disappointment and in some cases hatred, especially at Vior'la, after "monument incident".

It need to be mentioned than destruction of O'Shovah statue have not been turning point it have been only a conclusion of what have been happening till then. With Enclaves surviving against odds leaded by use to be hero, Aun'Shi gone, Brokensword gunned down in strange incident and promotion of O'Saserra over R'Myr, tension aroused rapidly into the level it could not be ignored. Even worst, that stopped to be only Shas lack of motivation when even a handful of young Aun have been reported to vocalize they uncertainty, even if not openly.

To solve this crisis, Castes Consul at Tau decided to organize "controlled mutiny" just before 3rd sphere colonization plan have been executed. Idea behind this was simple - let the malcontent go and in the meantime act as spearhead of main forces. To maintain order, those of castes representative, Aun caste included, witch volunteer would be allowed to join this special formations and act independently without any control from HQ. If decided so only two conditions had to be accepted:

1. Li'Kavaal will never be able to return into main Tau space.
2. Li'Kavaal will not be allowed to ask for resupply and any other assistance from dominium.

This two conditions have cooled down most of malcontents but not all. Although exact numbers are not certain it is known that Poachers fleet were the biggest and the best equipped of those because, as it is believed, large numbers of Fio representatives form Fal'Shia have joined.

It need to be mentioned that after departure of rogue fleets all contacts have been lost, all records have been erased and only a handful from high ranks have been allowed to this knowledge.

Poachers - Surrounded by darkness

After leaving Tau space un bothered and first days euphoria dark and cold thoughts started to flow. The main one was vision of starvation. Although, Poachers had much more equipment and provisions than people it have been clear from the beginning they will not survive long if they will not rationalize all resources from the beginning. Even thought,careful planning would minimize this risk, it in the end will just prolong agony if a way for regular supplies flow will not be established soon. With this in mind it have been decided desperate times demands desperate measures - piracy was the only option for know. This decision didn't came lightly. There were no ethic dilemmas thou. The main worry was huge risk of damaging and / or loosing ships. Even thou Kavaal have been joined by few squadrons of smaller vessels even those were priced. In the end, Shas'El'Tau'n'He'da stepped out and taken full weight of this decision on her shoulders.

According to here plan fleet will be divided in three groups. First group with Elro and its Wardens will keep it course to the nearest nebula and hide there waiting. Second group with Is and squadron of Wardens will search west. Third wing with Ka and squadron of defenders will move east. She also ordered that all personnel which is not absolutely necessary of those two poaching wings have to be relocated to Elro leaving only a skeleton Kor and Fio crews to pilot and maintain and then packed with as many Shas as it was possible to spare. Plan have been approved with only one minor quarrel - 'El'He'da wanted to take a lead of Ka wing, witch have meat with strong opposition forcing her to surrender this idea.

Now when all knew what to do and preparations in motion traces of returning optimism have been spotted here and there. Also some sort of unseen solidarity have been formed during this period of time. Back in dominium castes worked together for Tau'va more or less without issues but mostly in their traditional eras of expertise. Now, Fio teaching other castes how to do basic repairs and bypasses or Shas explaining basic signals and fighting techniques or even Por helping with hard physical work was a common sight. At this time from all castes initiative new tradition have been forged. From now on, after caste, rank and sept of origin - which have been left to honor previous achievements and ancestors - Li'Kau will be added. Day before planned departure of poaching wing, small ceremony have been made and Shas'El'Tau'n'Li'Kau'He'da was the first who accepted new name.

Now time of nervous waiting have begin.

Shas'El'Tau'n'Li'Kau'He'da

Profile:

Shas'El'Tau'n'He'da wrote:
Your Graces,
Most of You are aware of all, so called, my achievements. Hell, You even promoted me to 'El! Even thou I have never wanted this responsibility I have embraced it and have been able to lead all Shas assigned under my command with success! I assume You are also aware, that were it have been possible I have minimized casualties, some times with great personal risk - which I know that some of You treat as foolish bravado acts!
Now You demand from me, that I should join new campaign under direct command of Shas'O whose methods I do not approve and moreover I do not respect due to her disgraceful destruction of monument, which have been part of our own history! It's irrelevant what my opinions about Shas who this piece of art have been picturing, are!
Please treat this as my official response. I will not compromise all the trust which I've earned, leading cadres of Shas from various clans! I will not join any campaign under the command of one who have little to non respect for our past! What You will decide to do with me bothers me not until I will not have to go to all the Shas out there, look them in the eyes and explain that even thou I despise what have been done by Shas'O, whose name I will not be able to mention without spiting to the ground, we still need to take orders, fight and die under hers command!
For those who may have not understood - go to hell and take her with You!

Transcription of Shas'El'Tau'n'He'da speech in front of Tau high council

'El'He'da - one of the youngest Shas who have ever been promoted to 'El and the only one in history who had, almost literally, been dragged by leg to acceptance of new rank and duties. Even thou at the beginning she has done everything to avoid it, she have finally surrendered and embraced new responsibilities. It have to be mentioned that's how she actually sees this - The Responsibility

Before her first mission as 'El she made a promise in front of all troops assigned under her command that she will not leave anyone behind, will not risk they life unnecessarily and she will be first and the last who enters and leaves battlefield. It's great oath, so all Shas should be grateful for such commander thou, If one by chance had to lead combined forces from Vior'la and Sa'cea one can say what one want and still will be treated with reserve until words will forged in fires of battle into action.

Fortunately just after first battle against orks, she have earned trust of her subordinates. Fortunately also for her because she almost paid ultimate prize for this. During the battle she had lead her troops from spearhead, in few cases acting as, quite literally even, a shield to advancing Shas'la. 'Vre'Myr'la and 'Vre'Nan'la, known for their boldness and close range maneuvering, had to stop her at some point due to the fact, their commander have been barely alive inside of battered and barely functional shell which not long time ago was quite new and shining XV8. Although knowing their records, it's not certain if they did this because they had care about 'El or because she had kept them still, to far from heat of battle, but this is another story.

After this first battle she gain respect for sure, not only as a great tactician but foremost as the one who do not give false promises - for the record, appreciation and admiration of two infamous 'Vre probably helped the most which proves that promoting 'El'Tau'n'He'da have been a wise decision which also makes her the first commander who actually could ask, for their assistance and would receive it without hesitation nor row. Side note: She is very attractive so many Shas speculate that's the reason why those 'Vre obey without questioning, in the end their rivality over every and any thing has became a legend.

That battle was only the first from many to come with various other clans to lead but it became her most priced jewel. Here fame spread through Shas like a flame and many started to believe that she will be the one who can replace O'shovah even thou not Vior'la which have proven correct in some way.

Only the few know that under her thought and battle-hardened shell, there is a gentle being who, if given a chance, will read poems, study history and art or keep a record of all fallen warriors under her command. Indeed she does it. She collets photos, dog tags and keeps record of who, where and when had meat their end. Sometimes when she is absolutely sure no one is listening she mourns about who she have not been able to protect.

Notable characters profiles:

Shas'Vre'Vior'la'Li'Kau'Myr'la

Although sacrifices are heavy we fight knowing them but there cannot be allowed we are the only one who sacrifice themselves.

Transcription of the only sentence spoken by Shas'Vre'Vior'la'Myr'la during interrogation considering death of Aun'Vre'Bap'Kaara

Profile:

Myr'la - One of the most skilled, intelligent and promising student in Vior'la academies. Great faith have been putted on him and few other Shas as potential, future to be, Shas'O and buried deep hope for one who can outshine infamous hero and new leader. This carefully selected Shas had entered specially prepared, completely experimental and to be honest the most brutal training program ever implemented. After the first trial only nine of those who were picked, survived.
New Shas better then others in every aspect from pure effectiveness in killing to calculating and adapting new strategies. Vior'la leaders pronounce great success already, knowing nothing what exactly they have created. Just after the first real fight against orks first potential problems have been spotted.
When they were debriefed and deployed all contact have been suddenly lost. No other unit or even leading Shas'O could reach their coms although they could be seen everywhere where they were needed in exact time. It have been believed that maybe they helmets had been malfunctioning but after the battle everything have been double checked and seemed working perfectly. Doubts aroused after checking combat logs. There were no recordings of in-formation communication and the only voices recorded were those who requested assistance or shouted orders. Direct questioning given nothing and only Shas'la'Myr'la answered with question - why they are bothered when they have done for what they were trained and prepared.
After few more engagements more and more commanders opposed to take them. To solve this they were offered another trial, quicker than usual and extremely dangerous details of witch are known only to those who planned it and the sole, unexpected, survivor Shas'ui'Myr'la who became, if it was even possible, more silent, deadlier more stubborn and bold. It need to be mentioned that this was the end of experimental training program also and lots of tutors have not been seen again at Vior'la.
Myr'la served in many battles as skillful XV-8 pilot and spearhead leader in most risky operations, those which should have been the last one, for him and Shas under his command. Ultimately there were no other choice as to give him a chance to participate in the last, as it was believed, trial which not only he survived but completed earlier than expected.
As 'Vre he started to use Helios configuration and became lonely hunter until at least he meat some one who became his greatest rival and the in the same time the only friend - Shas'Vre'Sa'cea'Nan'la. That was also a time when infamous ryvality in almost everything between them started.
There is one fact worth mentioning is the one which definitely halted his career and almost costed his life. In one of final battles with orks he refused to retreat and help Aun'Vre'Bap'Kaara or even worst, he have used this Etheral as a bait to lure one of Warbosses where he could kill him. He achieved what he planned thou Aun'Vre quite literary lost his head during that hunt. After this act he have been court martialed and almost "relived from duty" when direct request from Shas'El'Tau'n'He'da for all available veterans came. That's how he meat her and eventually became her faithful guardian. His motives thou are unclear. It's assumed he only decided for this because Nan'la offered his services first.

Shas'Vre'Sa'cea'Li'Kau'Nan'la

Profile:

Shas'Vre'D'yanoi'Li'Kau'Doran'da

Profile:

Shas'Vre'Bork'an'Li'Kau'Vre'la

Profile:

Shas'Vre'Dal'yth'Li'Kau'Da'sho

Profile:

Shas'Vre'Fal'shia'Li'Kau'Re'yr

Profile:
Last edited by Leigabar on Apr 17 2013 04:22, edited 9 times in total.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#3 » Mar 18 2013 03:49

Hello Leigabar. I can see that you have put a deal of effort into this post, but the photos you have posted cannot adequately display the detail of the models. The solarized view does not give us good color information, or any other useful tidbits about the models. Could we get some better photos?

With some quick photoshop magic I would expect that this is perhaps what your models look like?
[Image removed as per request of OP]

Having some images that better represent your army will yield more positive results to your thread.

Leigabar
Shas

Post#4 » Mar 18 2013 04:01

Awwww and You destroyed my conception! :D Still You helped me a bit with final decision how I want to proceed with this.

I was thinking about this project more like a slow growing story more and less about minis thou You cannot separate this while in tabletop miniatures game aren't ya? :biggrin:

For now It will stay as it is till I finally make better photos.

B.R.
Leigabar

Leigabar
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 20 2013 04:46

@ Agentarrow - Can You please edit Your post and delete photo pretty please :D it ruins layout and surprise :fear:

@ To all grammar and spelling 'Vre out there - Can You please read what I'm writing here and help me with redaction? I might be able to communicate and often I sound and look like I'm a native English speaker but still this is my second language so Your assistance will be more than welcome.

B.R.
Leigabar

Image is removed. For English being your second language, your grasp of its use and nuances is remarkable. I have no complaints as to the quality of your posts or your language comprehension
>>--AA-->

Leigabar
Shas

Post#6 » Apr 04 2013 08:15

To all out there who are wondering why I'm not updating - I have story ready thou I'm waiting for new codex to arrive because some part probably will demand changes. I already wondering what I should do with Aun'Shi reappearance :roll:

B.R.
Leigabar

Leigabar
Shas

Post#7 » Apr 17 2013 04:13

Vre'Myr'La profile updated. Comments are welcomed and encouraged in order to help me improve my writing skills and fluff.

B.R.
Leigabar

Return to “Project Logs”