The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 09/10/17]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 27/04/17]

Post#235 » May 04 2017 05:35

Thanks man. The client was also happy, he's ordered another squad and dreadknight to go with them... I might have to think about setting up a showcase page on FB or something to point potential clients to, that isn't my personal page. Word of mouth will only get me so far, lol.

I have to admit I'm really enjoying flexing my skills on new and different paint schemes... I've just finish Angron for another client and he's looking really nice... I'll get pictures up either tomorrow or after the weekend.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 27/04/17]

Post#236 » May 08 2017 06:55

I loved painting this guy! I could barely tear my self away from him!

Last edited by Shas'O Darklighter on May 12 2017 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 08/05/17]

Post#237 » May 12 2017 12:35

Tear away huh?..argh :P

Looking good, it is an impressive display piece and full of energy!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#238 » May 12 2017 01:52

Sorry Tael that one got away from me I've edited it now....

Thanks man yeah it does look very nice on the shelf or did before it was picked up. I've heard whispers of it stirring up quite a fuss locally...

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#239 » May 13 2017 09:34

Think I may have missed the mark, I was calling you out for a pun on Flesh Tearers, being major fans of slaughter like Angron ;) :D

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#240 » May 13 2017 12:48

The pun was there. Not about flesh tearers per sey but about him ripping through marines. I'd managed to spell tear (tare) wrong and thought you'd picked up on that rather than the pun, lol.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#241 » May 15 2017 03:10

Hahaha.. all good, just keep posting those great models. :)

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#242 » May 15 2017 03:23

I'm on with house painting at them moment, my hobby room is look fantastic! I'm on with the rest of the house next. Then I'll be back to the grind stone. :D

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#243 » May 28 2017 11:32

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:I'm on with house painting at them moment, my hobby room is look fantastic! I'm on with the rest of the house next. Then I'll be back to the grind stone. :D

Have you finished the house yet? The grind stone is awaiting your return my friend. :biggrin:

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#244 » May 28 2017 12:28

I've done two rooms and today was my strongman event. I have another two room to go, but might sneak in a few cheeky units before I get back to it. We'll have to see though as it's schools half term holidays as well and my free time is not my own at the moment.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#245 » Jun 09 2017 05:21

With the new edition all but landed I've not been buying anything new. I'm still on with finishing up the few models/units I have left to paint. These are almost all for my Blood Angels. I do have a piece from Wargames Exclusive that I'm working on but I've had to halt progress until I get to the shops for more paint! I've not been idle though and have finished up the last of the terminators for my Angels. I've also started on a couple of character models and 3 Terminator Librarians.

Group shots of my current full 1st Company... I need to add Sternguard and Vanguards at some point.

I think I still have at least one unit/box of Tactical Marines as well as some metal Sternguard I've not quite made my mind up as of yet as to what I'm going to make them up as?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 09/06/17]

Post#246 » Jun 09 2017 07:00

You're a machine, I've barely painted half that number this year and I'm collectng a Goblin army haha :D

Lovely work as usual.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#247 » Jun 10 2017 03:48

Thank you man. To be fair I'm a little put off by the idea of having to paint a hoard army, lol. I'm sure I could do it but that mental block is a big obstacle!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#248 » Jun 17 2017 04:51

I have finally painted up a full Vanguard squad I know a bit bland on the weapons load out but I'm sure the 5 melta pistols will spice things up a bit!

I've had a few people tripping over them selves about that banner. It's just a decals from the GW BA's transfer sheet applied over a hand painted back drop with some brush work text on the bottom finished up with a light wash. I'm really pleased with the result I think it looks awesome. I feel like a fraud every time someone asks how it was done and I have to explain, lol.

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 17/06/17]

Post#249 » Jun 18 2017 04:18

I wouldn't have believed that was a transfer, but a quick search shows it to be true. Nether the less it is still an amazing banner, weathered really nicely (and a much better application of transfers than I could ever hope to achieve)!

Very nicely done sir.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#250 » Jun 18 2017 11:17

Thank you, much appreciated Ironsky. I'd have to admit I had my doubts after some of the feed back left me feeling judged, like I'd done something dirty, lol... I'm over it now though. I just had a bit of a wobble that left me questioning my abilities.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#251 » Jun 18 2017 11:10

Hey man, use the tools to do the deed. If I have this right based on instagram folks I follow, the BA Decals were designed by Goodwin's daugther who is a designer at GW. Imbued with the spirit of The Godwyn pattern again!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#252 » Jun 19 2017 03:08

Wow that's a cool bit of information... I didn't know he had family in the business!

Return to “Project Logs”