The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 17/06/17]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 22/05/16]

Post#181 » May 27 2016 08:26

Hey now.. a sketchpad has been broken out! Count me interested even more! :D

I like the designs and the angled layout is a fair method for both sides and really appreciate this when modellers plan out game spaces.

Latest tau models though; well rendered as usual :)

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 22/05/16]

Post#182 » Aug 14 2016 04:43

The battle board is on hold at the moment as the company that was doing the insulation in the loft room has gone bust before finishing up the Job and I'm left trying to sort it out before I can start work on my project up there...

I've finally gotten around to painting my Remoras. I love these models and I can't wait to get more of them in the future!

I have some Crisis suits up next and Dreadnoughts. I'm still not sure my order of battle yet!

greenmtvince
Kor'Ui

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 14/08/16]

Post#183 » Aug 14 2016 01:43

I'm really digging the color scheme and your army looks great.

Keep it up!
Void Dreaming - Space Warfare in Warhammer 40,000

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#184 » Aug 18 2016 12:54

Remoras are among my favorite Tau models. So much so, that I just bought another pair. Yours are exceptionally good looking. Excellent work.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#185 » Aug 21 2016 04:11

Thanks very much guys.

I've been working on something a little bit late in the coming... I've finally made the final member for my Farsight 8 unit. I present to you Commander Brave Storm.

Also as it's been so long since I posted the rest of the squad I though I'd take a new group shot will the whole gang.

I've also got a mood shot I'd quite like to share.

I quite like the paint scheme and once my main T'au cadre is "finished" I may start to add more black units to my army.

materpillar
Shas'La

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 21/08/16]

Post#186 » Aug 21 2016 07:05

Those look awesome. I'm seriously envious. I'm planning on painting my pair of Y'Vahra riptides primarily black, do you have any tips on getting them to look awesome? Sadly, I don't own an airbrush though.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-17-8

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#187 » Aug 22 2016 03:20

Thank you Masterpillar. Honestly the "black" armour is really easy and not at all sophisticated... It was Vallejo Model color black grey over black primer with an edge highlight of their Game color cold grey followed by a heavy-ish wash of GW's nuln oil. The darker areas like the under armoured leg joints are just left in primer black with the wash over them. It adds a little bit of texture over the area and makes it look like you've done much more to the model. I then add enough flashes of contrast to trick the eye into seeing a more evolved paint scheme.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#188 » Nov 10 2016 12:23

Ok here are the last round of recruits for my cadre....

.......I've ran out of Tau units to paint for now and I'm back on with my Blood Angels for now. Though Blood bowl is a calling me! I'm not allowed it until Christmas but I have a human team I picked up years ago in need of paint with a few character models.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 10/11/16]

Post#189 » Nov 10 2016 07:32

Great update - liking the posing of the heroes. The tabard really adds a nice dynamic to the model. Always a fan of the Ry'Mr suit by FW.

Nice tones across the board for this scheme. Really makes the new plastics shine in detail.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Re: The return of the Darklighter [WIP update 10/11/16]

Post#190 » Nov 11 2016 03:05

Thanks you Tael. The tabard isn't half bad for just being a left over Fireblade cape, it fits really nice. R'myr was the last character model I had to get for the Tau and by the looks of it I was just in time before they pulled him. I do like the model it's same they've took him off sale. My "buffmander" also has sunken weapon mounts just in case I'd like to run him with dakka. The new plastic kits are very nice for making your troop units look individual and the poses available to squad leaders are bewildering! I'm looking forward to clearing my back log of Marines, but I'm itching to get hold of more Tau, lol.

Edit: False alarm! R'myr is still available I just couldn't see him this morning whilst looking for the spelling of his name. I've no idea why I couldn't find him...

Return to “Project Logs”