Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept

Post#1 » May 04 2013 08:25

Hi, this is my first topic on this forum with my models. I'm glad to present you my Tau empire army. Its tiny company in numbers, but a lots of time of work for me.
Colors are inspired by Neil Green's models published in White Dwarf 384. Work starts 2 weeks before release of the codex. I chose Fal'Shia as my sept after release. I saw a picture of Fire Warrior with similar sept color(bleached bone in old Citadel paints) in the Warriors section. This Cadre is from first sphere expansion and I like technological finesse of this world. I try to reflect this in my models. Hi-tech army is my vision. Military green, grey, black, no battle damage sharp highlights. Fresh to conquest new world.
Troops choices are required in every army and I started with Fire Warriors.
More and bigger photos in my gallery on flickr
Another 6 waiting to finish on my desk.
Last edited by Persifal on Nov 09 2016 07:05, edited 26 times in total.

Orange-Bell
Por'O
Por'O

Re: Persifal's Fal'Shia sept WIP

Post#2 » May 04 2013 08:36

Wow, very impressive work. The crispness of the highlighting and squad markings is beautiful.
O-B

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » May 04 2013 08:43

New Broadside was next in building my army. It is fully magnetized, in color finished only with twin-linked heavy rail rifle and smart missile system. Colors are same as Fire Warriors with decent freehands.
Smart missile system is really smart ;) . Every rocket has an optic system in the top.
Larger photos on flickr

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » May 04 2013 08:55

And last finished model yet. Cadre Fireblade in the colors of my sept. Nice plastic model with many details. Who resist, I don't. :D

Larger photos on flickr

happy_spike
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » May 05 2013 12:25

Amazing work, I particularly love the helmet hanging from the hip.

Vash
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » May 05 2013 01:22

Very nice and clean!
Will be following this thread for sure!

Patiolantern
Shas

Post#7 » May 05 2013 01:30

Well done, Persifal. I am a big fan of the blending you have done on the armour. The high contrast shading and cross hatching you have done on your Fireblade's cloak gives
him a real comic book hero kind of look. I've always felt that the basing of a model is just as important as the model itself. It's good to see that you've put the effort in to
give your awesome paint job the bases it deserves.

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » May 05 2013 01:59

I'm not a fan of the lens tip missiles, other than that great work, I especially like the ice blue glow on the plasma oriented guns.
For the greater good!

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#9 » May 05 2013 02:19

dang, you really got some great paintingskills, and a really nice paintscheme, also really nice to see that you lay down time doing some nice bases.
KISS - keep it simple stupid

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » May 05 2013 02:43

To Orange-Bell, Vash, Macknight, Imcrazy:
Thank you

happy_spike wrote:Amazing work, I particularly love the helmet hanging from the hip.

Inspiration about helmets visible on the bareheaded models are from my first(and not successful) attempt for full painted army, Space Wolves, years ago. All models had helmets on the tip or backpack.

Patiolantern wrote:Well done, Persifal. I am a big fan of the blending you have done on the armour. The high contrast shading and cross hatching you have done on your Fireblade's cloak gives
him a real comic book hero kind of look. I've always felt that the basing of a model is just as important as the model itself. It's good to see that you've put the effort in to
give your awesome paint job the bases it deserves.

High contrast attract the eye to details and breaks dull one colored surface. Bases are not special thing. Whipped putty, basecoat, wash, drybrush and pigments. Grass and turfs are plucked from foliages.

Leigabar
Shas

Post#11 » May 05 2013 03:07

Amazingly well done minis! I especially adore Your Fireblade - how have You achieved texture effect at cape?

B.R.
Leigabar

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » May 05 2013 03:25

Thank you. The technique is simply same as you do with pencil and paper. Fast moves of the brush tip. Be careful with the amount of paint.

timb6ea
Shas

Post#13 » May 05 2013 03:57

Very nice.
Will Flak'O for food.

Arkadies
Shas

Post#14 » May 05 2013 06:19

Great work there and a nice cohesive color set. Thanks for sharing.
All war is deception.

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#15 » May 05 2013 06:41

Persifal wrote:Smart missile system is really smart . Every rocket has an optic system in the top.

I'd say so, this is how I imagine all of the missile types should be represented. Not always an easy accomplishment, your attention to detail really shows. It takes patience to pull off this kind of scheme and I'm very glad you decided to share your work with us.

All of your color selections work very well together and are believable. That extra realism is what sells it for me, but they still have that 'fun' look which is sometimes extinguished by the lack of variation. I think you nailed it all together with your use of the cool electric blues in the energized areas. That just works for the tau.

Good work Persifal, I look forward to seeing more. :D

modelglue

Aun_Miha
Shas

Post#16 » May 05 2013 08:41

Superb painting! As someone who also went for the clean look with lots of sharp highlights, I must admire your edge highlights, your freehand details and your lenses.
Sensus, non aetas, invenit sapientiam.

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » May 05 2013 08:57

Thank you for yours compliments. I will try to hold quality on each model.
I need some painting brake. I start to some work on the Crisis suits. The kit is old, with massive moldlines and looks of suits needs some improves. The codex is big inspiration for me. I mean huge illustration compare suits size. Crisis suit's jump pack has higher position there. So I took modelling saw and this is result. What are you about new shape?
Thanks for comments. ;)

Joyous_Oblivion
Shas

Post#18 » May 05 2013 09:48

First of all, to your painting, I am blown away by your neatness and attention to detail! The highlights are very crisp and makes the paintjob look incredibly professional. Your colour choice is also quite striking as either colour does not overpower the other.

Secondly, to your crisis suits. Nicely done, once painted by you, I bet everyone will be wondering why the ones on GWs website look wrong, lol.

Also, as i have just completed this myself (post coming later tonight) have you thought about magnetizing your crisis suits for weapon options? I did 4 crisis suits and about 30 weapons over the last couple days and while the work is tedious at times, it isn't difficult and the payoff is huge in versatility later on.

Cheers,

JO

Return to “Project Logs”