Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Kalten
Fio'La

Re: Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept - XV95 WIP - drones

Post#321 » Nov 28 2015 12:02

That's brutal! :eek: I really love your style and your miniatures, and it's in these cases when I want to repaint my minis (and buy an airbrush). Fantastic work, I'd love to see that ghostkeel finished.

meraklis
Shas'Saal

Post#322 » Nov 28 2015 03:32

your skills with a brush and an airbrush are commendable!

Is that german grey airbrushed over a black undercoat?

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#323 » Nov 29 2015 02:55

Thanks!

It is Vallejo Black Primer, Vallejo Dark Grey, GW Codex Grey and final GW Fortress Grey mixed with small amount of white. Every color sprayed on smaller area then previous. I§m not good with airbrush and I'm very lazy to use masking tape, so on some places are mistakes. It will be repaired with brush as a first step on that parts.

El'mo
Shas'El

Re: Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept - XV95 WIP

Post#324 » Nov 29 2015 06:04

Excellent work as always Persifal. I am looking forward to seeing is completed.

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#325 » Nov 29 2015 06:46

Hey El'mo, good work on your army!

Some another progres on the Ghostkeel. I must hurry, Christmas come and it is always drop for my hobby. :)
Finished left leg. It is big difference in the comparing with the other one isn't it? :)
ImageGhostkeel by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

Rhy'kais
Shas'Saal

Post#326 » Dec 03 2015 07:24

I've just read through this whole thread (newbie here!) and I think I'm stating the obvious when I say that you are one of the greatest painters there is, never mind the ATT

Your work is sublime, I'm still in awe of your Commander and Kroot models - REALLY looking forward to progress on your Ghostkeel! :D
For the Tau'va!

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Post#327 » Dec 03 2015 05:32

Very nice sir! I've come to enjoy the smooth gradients that a airbrush supplies paired with sharp highlights. Infinity players call this the Gerhaldez method after the Infinity studio painter Angel Gerhaldez.

I've been doing something similar with my ghostkeels. I tried to do some stenciling (since I don't think its lazy at all) but was having trouble getting a good effect. You sir have done a far superior job to my own!

Kalten
Fio'La

Post#328 » Dec 04 2015 02:38

It's really shaping up very nicely, Persifal. There is only one little thing that doesn't click me properly, but I don't know if it's a deliberate stylistic choice or not, it's the highlights of the black areas, they seem too bright (too much white) to me. It's a valid choice, mind me, but if you were going to just highlight black (and not give it a TRON style glow), a bit more grey wouldn't have hurt.

Shadow Strike wrote:Infinity players call this the Gerhaldez method after the Infinity studio painter Angel Gerhaldez.

It's Giraldez, not Gerhaldez (it makes he seem german when he is spanish. I may seem nitpicky, but being spanish myself, that misspelling hurts too much for comfort. Sorry :sad: )

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#329 » Dec 05 2015 09:27

@Rhy'kais: Welcome to the ATT! Thanks for compliments. :)

@Shadow Strike: The main Infinity painter is Angel Giraldez as said Kalten. His painting book is interesting point of view to his method of miniature painting. He is good inspiration for me but I have some different methods how to paint models. I'm really flattered comparison me with Angel, thank you. Bud my painting roots are in models of 'Eavy metal team. Airbrush is only tool for save some time.

@Kalten: I'm welcoming all types of suggestions. You are right, I usually make edge highlights on black darker but in last months I changed it a little. I applied first edge highlight on the right leg and I will try to not too overdo next steps. :) But strong edge highlights are my favorite style of painting W40k models.
Hmm. Looks like I made this photo brighter, sorry for that.
ImageGhostkeel by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Re: Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept

Post#330 » Nov 09 2016 07:18

Hello ATT,
I hope in near future I will be able to add here some finished tau model. For now I have only this two xenos hunters. Be gentle on me :)

ImageDrenn Redblade by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr
ImageDeathwatch Watch Master by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

Tael
Fio'O

Post#331 » Nov 09 2016 08:46

For a couple minutes slapping on paint, not to shabby. ;)

Really like the cape work, the detail there is great work. Very smooth yet dynamic NMM fx too.

Top stuff and thank you for the update!

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#332 » Nov 10 2016 01:38

Is that NMM on like 90% of the model? Damn so nice! :o Wish i could paint like that...Sang Guard would look so neat. :D

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#333 » Nov 10 2016 12:47

Persifal

I was actually quiet surprised, I have seen photos of multiple pieces of your work long before me joining ATT.

Very well done, man you paint at the level I hope to paint at one day. Hope you check out my Project Log would love to get some insight from you on my work.

Will be following you projects brother.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#334 » Nov 10 2016 05:45

Persifal I've been following the updates on FB for your watch master. He really did come together very nicely I knew peoples issues with the black being to light were premature. It was fun to watch your progress, thank you for sharing it.

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#335 » Nov 10 2016 07:50

Thank you guys. I missing work on my tau, but GW and Corvus Beli don't make it easy for me :)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#336 » Nov 10 2016 07:51

They have been pumping out some great models of late, cannot blame you for wanting to paint All the Things(tm)

Darnok
Shas'La

Post#337 » Nov 17 2016 06:06

Project logs like this one make me want to never touch a paintbrush in my life. Just too much awesome to cope with...

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#338 » Nov 17 2016 12:20

I started this hobby in 2010. Everyone one was better than me. Look over the Internet for the tutorials and tips. I believe that everyone can improve with practicing and focus. I'm like Bob Ross in this.

Return to “Project Logs”