Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: Persifal's cadre, Fal'Shia sept

Post#331 » Nov 09 2016 08:46

For a couple minutes slapping on paint, not to shabby. ;)

Really like the cape work, the detail there is great work. Very smooth yet dynamic NMM fx too.

Top stuff and thank you for the update!

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#332 » Nov 10 2016 01:38

Is that NMM on like 90% of the model? Damn so nice! :o Wish i could paint like that...Sang Guard would look so neat. :D

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#333 » Nov 10 2016 12:47

Persifal

I was actually quiet surprised, I have seen photos of multiple pieces of your work long before me joining ATT.

Very well done, man you paint at the level I hope to paint at one day. Hope you check out my Project Log would love to get some insight from you on my work.

Will be following you projects brother.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#334 » Nov 10 2016 05:45

Persifal I've been following the updates on FB for your watch master. He really did come together very nicely I knew peoples issues with the black being to light were premature. It was fun to watch your progress, thank you for sharing it.

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#335 » Nov 10 2016 07:50

Thank you guys. I missing work on my tau, but GW and Corvus Beli don't make it easy for me :)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#336 » Nov 10 2016 07:51

They have been pumping out some great models of late, cannot blame you for wanting to paint All the Things(tm)

Darnok
Shas'La

Post#337 » Nov 17 2016 06:06

Project logs like this one make me want to never touch a paintbrush in my life. Just too much awesome to cope with...

Persifal
Shas'Ui

Post#338 » Nov 17 2016 12:20

I started this hobby in 2010. Everyone one was better than me. Look over the Internet for the tutorials and tips. I believe that everyone can improve with practicing and focus. I'm like Bob Ross in this.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#339 » Nov 17 2016 06:21

Certainly agree with Persifal. My first model used poster paints, which fell off in an hour :D

Back in the 90's nothing really online to help, but today you have youtube, facebook, WarhammerTV even. Few minutes each evening painting along with any number of talented VLOG painters should crank up your level.

Another is having the lads around for beverages and a session painting some NPC's or bulk batch for one of the groups armies also provides a great source of inspiration and skill trading.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#340 » Nov 17 2016 11:24

Alternatively, you can even get some live web help. When I can I like to grab a mini and sit down for a Twitch stream from a group called Brush Lickers United. It's comprised entirely of some great people. I paint while watching their streams and pick up some techniques along the way.

Return to “Project Logs”