[Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post#121 » May 19 2017 09:01

8th Ed. is getting me jazzed to play units i don't normally run. So I have been busy building up units, like more fire warriors and now a custom hammerhead for Longstrike.

Still lots to do, but got a lot done today. Hope you like it, and are working on your armies for 8th Ed.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#122 » May 20 2017 04:33

Love the engines on the front! Makes the chasis look a thousand times cooler! I kinda wish they would look like that by default.
Now I have to build another Hammerhead for Longstrike. :D

Tael
Fio'O

Post#123 » May 21 2017 07:46

Pimpin' that ride :D Nice man, I had largely forgotten about all those Forgeworld Hammerhead mods.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#124 » May 21 2017 08:15

Tael wrote:Pimpin' that ride :D Nice man, I had largely forgotten about all those Forgeworld Hammerhead mods.

Yeah, I think Longstrike may be better with some of those turrets. Getting pretty stoked for the challenge of 8th.

I did hit a block though, want to change the hatch on the back of the hammerhead but can't think of what to do. Any ideas?

Ifrit
Shas'La

Post#125 » May 21 2017 10:27

There was somebody who did a conversion which I thought was pretty cool. They took part of the rails off the Ion Accelerator and glued it on the back as like a "cooling" system (with a few other modifications of course). It's floating around on this site somewhere but I can't remember where for the life of me.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#126 » May 21 2017 10:36

Agreed, Ifrit is right - that would have been my recommendation. It was recent - has to be in a Project Log updated in the last week or so :)

Miond
Shas'La

Post#127 » May 22 2017 12:57

Probably mine, at least I haven't come across any similar hatchwork in the past month...
Ifrit wrote:There was somebody who did a conversion which I thought was pretty cool. They took part of the rails off the Ion Accelerator and glued it on the back as like a "cooling" system (with a few other modifications of course). It's floating around on this site somewhere but I can't remember where for the life of me.

Fio hat on: Actually, it's an ion cannon from the hammerhead, no extras there, just creative reattachment.
Tael wrote:Agreed, Ifrit is right - that would have been my recommendation. It was recent - has to be in a Project Log updated in the last week or so :)

Por hat on: It's in Modelling, although maybe it should be re-classified, as it has drifted a bit.. *musing*

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks (been out of town) but the 'hatch' is done apart from greenstuffing in the gaps and a bit of polishing. The image links to a highres one on flickr, should be all you need, but I'd be happy to assist :D

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#128 » May 22 2017 07:46

Man that is perfect! I hope you don't mind if I steal it! I'll hit you up if I need help! Thanks so much guys, it's a holiday today where I am so now I can put off doing chores and get busy building :D

Miond
Shas'La

Post#129 » May 22 2017 09:25

Shas'o Dre wrote:Man that is perfect! I hope you don't mind if I steal it! I'll hit you up if I need help! Thanks so much guys, it's a holiday today where I am so now I can put off doing chores and get busy building :D

Longstrike will be mad if you skip off with his ride :(

His mechanic will help you make your very own copy though..

Wait just one minute, your Longstrike wants a custom ride like my Longstrike.. who has the real Longstrike :eek:

Issendror
Shas

Post#130 » May 22 2017 11:23

Common minds. I did something quite similar just the day before. :)

Shas'o Dre wrote:Image

Return to “Project Logs”