[Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED the Eight

Post#55 » May 10 2015 02:07

Where did you get the fist from on Torchstar?
That pose just looks awesome.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#56 » May 10 2015 08:32

Ifrit wrote:Where did you get the fist from on Torchstar?
That pose just looks awesome.

The fist is from the finecast crisis suit commander. It comes with several hand variants.

Thank for looking and the compliment.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#57 » May 10 2015 08:34

The fist came from the commander crisis kit. Looks nice on the suit.

(Beat me to it ;) ) Still though, it's nice GW gives us 4 hands to choose from. The 2 epic ones can go directly on the best model, the other 2 can be used on other suits.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#58 » May 11 2015 09:21

Holy smokes over 9000 views, thanks for all the looks!

Time to get busy, making more conversions. Next member of the Eight to be worked on will be Brightsword.

Can't wait to build his fusion blades, will be using this for inspiration.

Saw this here on ATT years ago and put it in my folder of cool ideas. Love the look of the blade on this model. This site has given me so much in ways of ideas to convert my army, and a cool place to share.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#59 » May 13 2015 05:13

Haven't had the chance to start Brightsword just yet, but I picked up some plastic card and the bitz to build the fusionblades.

However I did build his warscaper drone!

I modelled it with both a marker light and shield generator in case I wanted to use it as either.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#60 » May 21 2015 08:52

Tried to continue the conversions over this past weekend, but couldn't seem to get into the grove.

Decided to paint instead and made some headway on some xv9's and xv88's. Still plenty to do, but a good start for me.

With a tournament around the corner, at the end of May, I should have plenty of time to finish these and three piranhas.

Thanks for taking a look.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#61 » Jun 20 2015 08:06

Decided to upscale my squad of stealth suits to the new 32mm bases, and wow what a difference! They look quite a bit beefer, and I like the size when compared to the fire warriors.

And here are some new Farsight Enclaves Fire Warriors. These two are prototypes, I will have to find some more original Farsight antennas to finish a squad of ten.

Let me know what you think of the 32mm bases on the stealth team!

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#62 » Jun 20 2015 09:54

Looking really good, those are the bases I will proceed with on mine. :)

Thanks for posting!

DeathProof
Shas

Post#63 » Jun 21 2015 04:59

Wow, looking great! I'm going to buy some 32 bases and change my stealth suits over too! The 28mm bases really make the stealth suit look top heavy!

DeathProof

Issendror
Shas

Post#64 » Jun 22 2015 01:18

Locking extremly good.
You just inspired me to an interesting conversion idea - well done sir. :crafty:

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED Stormsurge

Post#65 » Oct 11 2015 06:27

Got a start on the Stormsurge today, and will be playing around with the main gun position. It's a great kit and is big...really BIG!

Some other Tau models for size reference.

Hopefully I can finish building him tomorrow, it's Thanksgiving here in the north, and I'll have more time off

Megildur
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED Stormsurge

Post#66 » Oct 11 2015 07:54

I actually had the exact same idea for placement of the blast cannon thing for the storm surge. Except I think I will do without the second missile pod arm and just replace the entire side with the one big gun.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED Ghostkeel

Post#67 » Oct 16 2015 07:46

I haven't been this excited in years. It's been a great October for me. One of my favorite novels is coming out, Star Wars Rebels season 2 is starting, Halo 5 is around the corner, and of course all of these amazing Tau models.

I can't believe how awesome and expansive this release will be. Just think about it, in just over two years we've had almost the whole Tau range overhauled! I think this release is even larger than when the Tau debut fourteen years ago. As a modeler and gamer these past weeks have been great, searcher the net for rumors and seeing the pics, the conversion ideas are running rampant.

But nothing has compared to getting a jump on building the Stormsurge and Ghostkeel. These kits are super cool, and whether you like the rules or not you should own at least one of each. I can't wait to get my hands on the Commander, Breachers, and XV8's and don't get me started on the Tidewall! (finally Tau terrain time to start a table).

Anyways I hope many of you are like me and are enjoying this time as a Tau player, or as GW 40K fan, because just imagine if so of the other armies down the pipe get this treatment!

On to the pictures! Of course not finished yet but wanted to share. I have one more XV95 to build, and if I can get it done today will prime the squad. Sadly I don't think I will keep the actual Ghostkeel head, will use the second head from the Stormurge. I had to find one for that anyways.

Hope you guys like them, comments and questions always welcome.

Zaeley
Shas

Post#68 » Oct 16 2015 08:30

Really enjoying those poses and the gun on the back! Keen to see more.

abraxus
Shas

Post#69 » Oct 16 2015 10:42

Absolutely LOVE the shoulder mounted main gun! I'm definitely going to look into doing that with mine, once I buy one.

Kur'os
Shas

Post#70 » Oct 16 2015 10:57

The shoulder mount on the Ghostkeel really sold it for me. I was planning on letting this one pass by, but now I'm not so sure. >.<

The 'arm' mounted cannon on the Stormsurge actually looks really good. But I think the sensor package in between the missile pod and cannon throws it off a bit. The mention of removing 1 missile pod and simply having the connon as that 'arm' sounds intriguing.

-Kur'os
"Setting stabilizers... ready to fire."

Ra'Cliffe
Shas

Post#71 » Oct 16 2015 12:34

I really like the shoulder mounting, reminds me of the old broadsides! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these this weekend and have a look at the modelling options for myself!
For the greater good. Or cookies.

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#72 » Oct 16 2015 12:38

Wow this is some excellent stuff. I must say that I absolutely love the SMS system on the Riptide! Very imposing

Return to “Project Logs”