[Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED Ghostkeel

Post#73 » Oct 16 2015 01:52

Don't pass on this kit way too nice. I have 3 and want more :eek:

I tried just putting the gun on the shoulder joint of the Stormsurge, but it didn't quite look right. I'm not old on it as is,so it's on the back burning.

Got a start on Ghost 3:

This kit is really amazing, I've managed to make each on look slightly different and still have more ideas. The burst cannons are really cool, almost like a snub version, and the fusion looks great too! I think I will have to put the fusion on an Oversa conversion as I can't see myself running a Ghost team with them.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#74 » Oct 17 2015 03:35

I was supposed to get mine today but we're having shipping issues in California, LA. You're pictures are my succor.
~Good Hunting

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#75 » Oct 18 2015 11:25

Calmsword wrote:I was supposed to get mine today but we're having shipping issues in California, LA. You're pictures are my succor.

Hope you get yours soon! I am thinking of getting a few more I love this kit!

Almost finished my 3rd suit, so one team is almost complete. Finishing touches needed on all but I was eager to get them done.
Will try and get a good group shot for them.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#76 » Oct 22 2015 12:12

Today is "Tausday" for me, lots of new stuff for me to build.

The Breacher kit is sweet, so many bits even if you think you have enough Fire warriors.
Strike Teams are 12 still so stop panicking! ;)

Quendil
Shas

Post#77 » Oct 22 2015 02:13

Wow you got the stuff quick. How many Burning Dawn sets did you get?

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#78 » Oct 22 2015 05:47

picked up 2 so i could make full teams, and in case of formations. I have 2 stealth teams already but only one pathfinder squad. The piranhas will be used for some conversions as well as one of the ethereals.

got started on the first breacher team, will have pics tomorrow.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#79 » Oct 23 2015 11:32

Got up to making a couple of Breachers today. First was my team leader made with an alternate Tau model. Added bits from the kit and the jump pack from puppets war.

My first 10 man team will all have the packs, just in case they have to deploy from a fast moving devilfish. The new firewarrior kit comes with 13 legs and 10 torsos so if you have any torsos from old kits you can make a few more. Lots of great bits, they are now more like the pathfinders with pouches ammo clips and sidearms. Really happy with the new package.

[URL=http://s870.photobucket.com/user/Heroesworld/media/20151023_110327.jpg.html]
Image[/URL]

Really like the idea of Tau shotguns, and all the extra rounds you can put on the fire warriors.

E'nigma
Shas

Post#80 » Oct 23 2015 12:58

Shas'o Dre wrote:

Really like the idea of Tau shotguns, and all the extra rounds you can put on the fire warriors.

Where did you get those jump packs?

ShasODerpy
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#81 » Oct 23 2015 04:04

E'nigma wrote:Where did you get those jump packs?
He mentioned they were from Puppetswar.

Those would work great as Vespid Count-As too!
Shas'O 50mm, the Foresighted
WIP Tau

Warhound
Shas

Post#82 » Oct 23 2015 05:53

Officially ripping this idea.

Actually boxed my unbuilt true vespid last night, as i could not face them.

These guys will fit nicely;-)

Thankyou

Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#83 » Nov 02 2015 10:50

Started my Coldstar Commander, and again really am liking the new kits.

While not our best Commander option, it's a really cool model and I think it will do well in casual games.
I have armed him with a shield generator and stimulant injectors.

I need to find some knee pads, the kit didn't come with any, and bulk up the arm where the burst cannon attaches.

I used the burst cannon from the remora, the power source from the broadside for the shield generator and forgeworld suit head.
Hope you like it!

Tearphoenix
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#84 » Nov 02 2015 12:54

Shas'o Dre wrote:Started my Coldstar Commander, and again really am liking the new kits.

While not our best Commander option, it's a really cool model and I think it will do well in casual games.
I have armed him with a shield generator and stimulant injectors.

I need to find some knee pads, the kit didn't come with any, and bulk up the arm where the burst cannon attaches.

I used the burst cannon from the remora, the power source from the broadside for the shield generator and forgeworld suit head.
Hope you like it!

I really like how your have converted this guy. Did you have to do any tweaking to make sure the FW head would fit on the suit? Hope to see this guy painted soon!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED Coldstar

Post#85 » Nov 03 2015 07:32

Hey Tearphoenix, I just clipped of the "ball" under the head so it could sit centered on the suit, nothing fancy. Thanks for looking, glad you like it. Hopefully I can start priming all these new models soon, but who knows when I'll get to painting.

Sitzkrieg
Shas

Post#86 » Nov 04 2015 09:40

I really like the pose you did on the Coldstar. Did that require any clipping or is it available right out of the box with the new plastic Commander kit? The variant burst cannon also is much improved over the plastic included one.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#87 » Nov 04 2015 12:16

no real clipping or chopping on this one, only the little knobs on the thigh ball joint.
glad you like it.

The Pounder
Shas

Post#88 » Nov 05 2015 05:31

Absolutely top marks on this plog,
your modelling and conversion work really take
it to the next level.
Really dynamic poses.
I feel inspired enough to do some hobby now!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#89 » Nov 06 2015 08:03

Thanks Pounder, glad you like it and happy to put you in the hobby mood.

A while back I converted a Cadre Fireblade that I was very proud of and smart enough to know my painting skills weren't up to the task. I asked one of my friends to paint it, and man I am glad I did!

ImageImage

ImageImage

I just have to finish the base to match my other units. Seeing this model has made me want to build some more infantry, and make some more cool tau special characters. My friend enjoyed painting her so I will be giving him more work! Hope you guys like her as much as I do.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#90 » Nov 07 2015 09:33

Finally finished building and basing my first breacher team. Ten Fire warriors strong and a converted Cadre Fireblade which I have dubbed Breacherblade. These models were very fun to make, I think I used up all the pouches, clips and accessories from both the new Fire Warrior box and Pathfinder box.

Here they are:

I changed up the fireblade since I last posted. I used a shoulder pad from the new crisis suit kit instead as it matches the breachers. Also added some bits to gun and tried to clean it up with some liquid greenstuff. Lastly I added the blade to his chest armor completing his badass look. I tried to use the new bonding knives but they were too big. Still I am pleased with the changes.

Will get to priming them soon, and will post progress. As always hope you like them, and comments and questions most welcome.

Return to “Project Logs”