[Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Ifrit
Shas'La

Re: [Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post#101 » Jun 18 2016 05:07

Really loving the use of the Shadowsun legs, although I'm confused as to what's going on with the chest...

But I look forward to more of the conversions that you've been doing. :D

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#102 » Jun 18 2016 06:32

It's actually an Infinity model, with tau ethereal parts, and pathfinder arms and feet.

http://store.infinitythegame.com/articu ... =3&id=2507

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#103 » Jun 25 2016 08:50

Got some good work done on my Riptide today. Really like how it is coming along, hope you do too.

Image Image

Image Image

The wings are from the remora, and the decals from the tau transfer sheer sold on GWs website.
Still more work to do before I finish but proud of my progress so far.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#104 » Jun 25 2016 10:48

It's almost like those wings are meant to be. That looks awesome. Keep up the hard work.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#105 » Jun 26 2016 04:00

I like the wings but I'm really no fan of that jetpack mounted ion weapon. Way too bulky for that imo.
Last edited by Panzer on Jun 26 2016 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#106 » Jun 26 2016 09:19

Love it. Looks like a big bad transformer jetplane. I will admit the placement of the Ion Accelerator looks a bit odd, but it works. The remora wings are a nice touch. Lastly I love the white strip you painted in the gray panels.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Redback
Por

Post#107 » Jun 26 2016 09:46

Really loving your stuff, would like to learn more about the following

The terrain, where or how? It looks great

The Devilfish turret, is that an old double burst cannon hammerhead turret with one weapon or a converted skyray turret?

Shas'o Dre wrote:Image

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#108 » Jun 26 2016 10:06

Hi Red, the burst cannon is from the remora from forge world, and the terrain is made by Dreamspirit Wargames studios. you can checkout their facebook page or website. Tell them Andre referred you :biggrin: Thanks for looking and posting.

Redback
Por

Post#109 » Jun 26 2016 01:01

Shas'o Dre wrote:Hi Red, the burst cannon is from the remora from forge world, and the terrain is made by Dreamspirit Wargames studios. you can checkout their facebook page or website. Tell them Andre referred you :biggrin: Thanks for looking and posting.

Thank you
...and the Turret itself? Skyray right?

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#110 » Jun 26 2016 01:31

Yep skyray turret. An easy kitbash that really stands out and looks cool.

Redback
Por

Post#111 » Jun 26 2016 02:01

Shas'o Dre wrote:Yep skyray turret. An easy kitbash that really stands out and looks cool.

Totally agree, looks great. And an easy way to turn hammerheads into a devilfish

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#112 » Jan 02 2017 07:37

New year, New Stuff!

It's been a long time since my last post but I am still working on many projects at once. My goal for this year is to finish painting my Hunter Contingent. As you can tell from this thread I am a building, and easily sidetracked to other projects. Working on several projects at once keeps me from getting bored.

Here's what's on top of my to do list: Finish The Eight. Almost have 6 of the 8 models built. These 3 are the latest, Brightsword, Shas' Vastos and Oversa.

Next up will be more fire warrior squads! Hope you enjoy them, and will try to post more frequently. Questions always welcome.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#113 » Jan 08 2017 10:51

...Wow.

Thats quite an update and the conversions are certainly making these guys a more edgy and agressive bunch. Solid idea on the blades and the part involved, really sells the emitter vibe. :)

How goes this gang?

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#114 » Jan 11 2017 09:17

Tael wrote:...Wow.

Thats quite an update and the conversions are certainly making these guys a more edgy and agressive bunch. Solid idea on the blades and the part involved, really sells the emitter vibe. :)

How goes this gang?

The gang is going well! Glad you like them, will be starting the broadside member soon.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#115 » Jan 29 2017 10:03

Just saw the Magnificent Seven and on seeing this update, the increased individuality is going to pay off big in the painting. Look forward to it :D

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#116 » Jan 30 2017 11:30

Your models look fantastic!

What are you using for brightsword's swords? I've been meaning to make a fusion blade conversion for a while and those look fantastic.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#117 » Jan 30 2017 01:36

Tael wrote:Just saw the Magnificent Seven and on seeing this update, the increased individuality is going to pay off big in the painting. Look forward to it :D

It's an awesome movie. I indeed am looking forward to whatever is coming. :)

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#118 » May 12 2017 09:48

New edition, new models! Lots of stuff built since last post so let's get to the pics!

This guy I call Tau Ranger. With all the extra Ethereals from the Start Collecting kit, and some inspiration from others doing it as well, I came up with an elite, spec-ops, silenced weapon unit. 3 more to go!

Another squad of fire warriors, originally was building 6 min squads, but with 8th ed on the way and splitfire a thing I am going with 12 man strike teams.

An iridium armoured fusion blade commander. With the new twinlinked rules he'll be even better.

More fire warriors.

Commander Brightsword, paint in progress.

Now these are a dream of mine. Always wanted fire warriors to have heavy weapons so I made these. Used the helmet from the stormsurge, and pathfinder weapons with fire warriors models. I could totally see the Farsight Enclaves using these.

Well that's a lot for one post, hope you like them, and let's get ready for 8th Edition.

Return to “Project Logs”