[Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Redback
Por

Re: [Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post#111 » Jun 26 2016 02:01

Shas'o Dre wrote:Yep skyray turret. An easy kitbash that really stands out and looks cool.

Totally agree, looks great. And an easy way to turn hammerheads into a devilfish

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#112 » Jan 02 2017 07:37

New year, New Stuff!

It's been a long time since my last post but I am still working on many projects at once. My goal for this year is to finish painting my Hunter Contingent. As you can tell from this thread I am a building, and easily sidetracked to other projects. Working on several projects at once keeps me from getting bored.

Here's what's on top of my to do list: Finish The Eight. Almost have 6 of the 8 models built. These 3 are the latest, Brightsword, Shas' Vastos and Oversa.

Next up will be more fire warrior squads! Hope you enjoy them, and will try to post more frequently. Questions always welcome.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#113 » Jan 08 2017 10:51

...Wow.

Thats quite an update and the conversions are certainly making these guys a more edgy and agressive bunch. Solid idea on the blades and the part involved, really sells the emitter vibe. :)

How goes this gang?

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#114 » Jan 11 2017 09:17

Tael wrote:...Wow.

Thats quite an update and the conversions are certainly making these guys a more edgy and agressive bunch. Solid idea on the blades and the part involved, really sells the emitter vibe. :)

How goes this gang?

The gang is going well! Glad you like them, will be starting the broadside member soon.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#115 » Jan 29 2017 10:03

Just saw the Magnificent Seven and on seeing this update, the increased individuality is going to pay off big in the painting. Look forward to it :D

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#116 » Jan 30 2017 11:30

Your models look fantastic!

What are you using for brightsword's swords? I've been meaning to make a fusion blade conversion for a while and those look fantastic.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#117 » Jan 30 2017 01:36

Tael wrote:Just saw the Magnificent Seven and on seeing this update, the increased individuality is going to pay off big in the painting. Look forward to it :D

It's an awesome movie. I indeed am looking forward to whatever is coming. :)

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#118 » May 12 2017 09:48

New edition, new models! Lots of stuff built since last post so let's get to the pics!

This guy I call Tau Ranger. With all the extra Ethereals from the Start Collecting kit, and some inspiration from others doing it as well, I came up with an elite, spec-ops, silenced weapon unit. 3 more to go!

Another squad of fire warriors, originally was building 6 min squads, but with 8th ed on the way and splitfire a thing I am going with 12 man strike teams.

An iridium armoured fusion blade commander. With the new twinlinked rules he'll be even better.

More fire warriors.

Commander Brightsword, paint in progress.

Now these are a dream of mine. Always wanted fire warriors to have heavy weapons so I made these. Used the helmet from the stormsurge, and pathfinder weapons with fire warriors models. I could totally see the Farsight Enclaves using these.

Well that's a lot for one post, hope you like them, and let's get ready for 8th Edition.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#119 » May 13 2017 09:54

Holy Aun - you have been busy hahaha. :D

Some lovely stuff, I truly have to think up some way to represent the Fusion blades too. Pretty cool.

There's a host of clever little mods, enjoyed browsing the photos.

Split fire was brilliant in 2nd Edition, I desperately missed it. For one, it allows a squad to hole up and fend off a few attackers if they kept some decent hits up. For Space Marines it was very fluffy, because a few marines could wreckface.

Should be interesting to see what Breachers could do close quarter among and enemy line?

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#120 » May 14 2017 08:23

Thanks Tael, I really love going through the bitz boxes and repurposing stuff.

I still have to get some necron limbs and try out the "bionic" limbs like you used on your kill team.
Always a project in the waiting.

Just finished the last 2 members of the squad and will try to get them primed today. Sadly I am almost out of all the clips, pouches, and sidearms from the fire warrior and pathfinder kits. I've checked a few bit sites but the shipping is twice as much as the bitz! Will have to see if I can trade locally.

Also just started 2 more tetra jetbikes, pictures are in the modeling section. Good progress but much to do. Overall a great weekend of hobbying.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#121 » May 19 2017 09:01

8th Ed. is getting me jazzed to play units i don't normally run. So I have been busy building up units, like more fire warriors and now a custom hammerhead for Longstrike.

Still lots to do, but got a lot done today. Hope you like it, and are working on your armies for 8th Ed.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#122 » May 20 2017 04:33

Love the engines on the front! Makes the chasis look a thousand times cooler! I kinda wish they would look like that by default.
Now I have to build another Hammerhead for Longstrike. :D

Tael
Fio'O

Post#123 » May 21 2017 07:46

Pimpin' that ride :D Nice man, I had largely forgotten about all those Forgeworld Hammerhead mods.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#124 » May 21 2017 08:15

Tael wrote:Pimpin' that ride :D Nice man, I had largely forgotten about all those Forgeworld Hammerhead mods.

Yeah, I think Longstrike may be better with some of those turrets. Getting pretty stoked for the challenge of 8th.

I did hit a block though, want to change the hatch on the back of the hammerhead but can't think of what to do. Any ideas?

Ifrit
Shas'La

Post#125 » May 21 2017 10:27

There was somebody who did a conversion which I thought was pretty cool. They took part of the rails off the Ion Accelerator and glued it on the back as like a "cooling" system (with a few other modifications of course). It's floating around on this site somewhere but I can't remember where for the life of me.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#126 » May 21 2017 10:36

Agreed, Ifrit is right - that would have been my recommendation. It was recent - has to be in a Project Log updated in the last week or so :)

Miond
Shas'La

Post#127 » May 22 2017 12:57

Probably mine, at least I haven't come across any similar hatchwork in the past month...
Ifrit wrote:There was somebody who did a conversion which I thought was pretty cool. They took part of the rails off the Ion Accelerator and glued it on the back as like a "cooling" system (with a few other modifications of course). It's floating around on this site somewhere but I can't remember where for the life of me.

Fio hat on: Actually, it's an ion cannon from the hammerhead, no extras there, just creative reattachment.
Tael wrote:Agreed, Ifrit is right - that would have been my recommendation. It was recent - has to be in a Project Log updated in the last week or so :)

Por hat on: It's in Modelling, although maybe it should be re-classified, as it has drifted a bit.. *musing*

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks (been out of town) but the 'hatch' is done apart from greenstuffing in the gaps and a bit of polishing. The image links to a highres one on flickr, should be all you need, but I'd be happy to assist :D

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#128 » May 22 2017 07:46

Man that is perfect! I hope you don't mind if I steal it! I'll hit you up if I need help! Thanks so much guys, it's a holiday today where I am so now I can put off doing chores and get busy building :D

Return to “Project Logs”