[Project Log] Shas'o Dre's Farsight Enclaves Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Vash
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED Cadre Fireblade

Post#41 » Jul 15 2014 02:16

That is a lovely conversion you got there! Had something similar in mind, but not with the same weapon of choice or gear.
With that said, I have intended to use him as something else. But you have made a special character out of him, and that it really nice.

rifflestein
Shas

Post#42 » Jul 15 2014 03:05

I absolutely love the conversion. As I was scrolling through the progress pictures I couldn't help but chuckle and think "oh, this is going to be good." My only issue is with the pose, specifically the feet. The model looks really chunky and heavy, but his feet are barely touching the ground. When i see that suit I can practically hear the stomping, but he looks like he's just floating there. It's probably too late in the process to change it, so it's not a huge deal. Great job!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#43 » Jul 16 2014 05:42

Goobermunch wrote:You can't do that.

It's not allowed.

You can't just build an awesome conversion like that with parts from minis that you a) don't know the name of; and b) are out of print. How are we supposed to copy the awesomeness if you do things like that!

I'm filing a formal complaint.

Seriously, that's an amazing conversion. When you say you looked to Cable and Deadpool for inspiration, I can see it in his pose and posture. I am unabashedly envious of your talent. I just wish I could pick up a ShadowStrike mini at my FLGS.

--G

Thanks for the kind words, that last part is one of the best compliments a conversion can get!

As for the out of print game, it was not called heavy gear, but jovian chronicles. The piece is the torso of the robot, I'll see if I csn find another and take a picture. Aside from that all the bitz are from GW kits so you could replicate if you like. I 'm sure you can come up with a cool backpack.

Again, thanks for looking and the compliment.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#44 » Jul 16 2014 05:47

rifflestein wrote:I absolutely love the conversion. As I was scrolling through the progress pictures I couldn't help but chuckle and think "oh, this is going to be good." My only issue is with the pose, specifically the feet. The model looks really chunky and heavy, but his feet are barely touching the ground. When i see that suit I can practically hear the stomping, but he looks like he's just floating there. It's probably too late in the process to change it, so it's not a huge deal. Great job!

Thanks Rifflestein, I wanted to show a little of the progress as build up. I know what you mean about the feet, I was hoping the base would cover that, but oh well. Next time i will have to bend the ankles a little more.

And thanks too Vash!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project Log] Andre's Cadre WIP : UPDATED the Eight

Post#45 » Mar 19 2015 08:43

It took a while to get here, but I finally had time to start on conversions on Farsight and the Eight.

I started with Bravestorm. He needed to be big. I wanted the onagar gauntlet to be huge. The iridium armour is represented by the broadside. The shield generator is stolen from the guard. I got inspired by Iron Man so his stimulant injector is like his arc reactor.
Since his hands were full, i created custom drones to be his weapons.

Next up was the man himself, Farsight. This one was really fun. Everything came together really well.

Next up is Sub-Commander Torchstar.

paulson games
Shas

Post#46 » Mar 20 2015 12:37

Interesting take on that model, I like it.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#47 » Mar 20 2015 01:10

I love your Farsight conversions. One of the better looking cobbled suits I've seen. I do however hope for the greater good you remove that atrocious Imperial Eagle on the front of Bravestorm's Shield. Battle damage? Either way they look great, keep em coming.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

De'terra
Fio'Vre

Post#48 » Mar 20 2015 02:46

Broadside legs ... I made the exact same conversion and thought that he did look a bit skinny in the lower regions.
Welp, I'm going to lock this topic before I throw out my entire army and start over.

Just kidding, this thread is amazing. :D
Keep up the good work!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#49 » Mar 21 2015 08:36

thanks for the views and the comments guys, glad you liked them.

I am toying with the idea of keeping the eagle on the shield, like he is taunting the guard and beating them with their own gear.

For the farsight model i keep thinking something is missing on his right chest area. I placed an armour plate, but would like something else but can't for the life of me think of what. I am also looking for another of his shoulder pads to replace the right shoulder.

As for the base for Farsight, a friend of mine is giving me an old killa kan to make a scenic base. The sentinel on Bravestorm came out really well, so I am looking forward to making that.

Also got a start on Torchstar, and will be priming these two later so more pictures to come.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#50 » Apr 11 2015 11:44

Been doing a lot of modeling lately and having a blast.

Farsight and Bravestorm are both primed and I have started to paint Farsight.

Got a start on some Farsight Enclaves Stealth Suits. I was going for a Tomax and Xamot theme, if anyone remembers the old GiJoe, so all their gear is mirrored. Trying to come up with something unique for the eye lenses. Notice the eldar head shot and runes on the bases. I think I am going to have different victims on as many units as I can.

Torchstar is one of the few female characters in the Tau army. I wanted to show this uniqueness in her crisis suit. I used the classic commander head and added a wired pony tail made from a bit from a techmarine. Her flame thrower is a throwback to the original Tau codex, I used Tael's version found on ATT. In my mind I picture her as being pretty aggressive. She left the Empire to join Farsight, and I imagine that she leads from the front lines, so I wanted a strong pose for the model. She is giving the command to hold and wait for the perfect moment to unleash the Tau's deadly firepower.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

This was my second take on Torchstar. The first had her kneeling down, but it didn't convey my vision of her. Also I wasn't able to place spare ammo on that model like I have on the leg of this version. I am going to try and put ammo on all my models of the eight where I can. So far I like how it has come out on both Farsight and Torchstar. I still have to make her drones, and will try to make them unique from all other drones in the army, kinda like I did for Bravestorm's drones.

Next up on the to do list: magnetize a skyray and convert a razorshark fighter.

Return to “Project Logs”