[Project log] Sa'cea Myo'o Hunter Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Adamaknight
Shas

Re: [Project log] Sa'cea Myo'o Hunter Cadre

Post#55 » Apr 05 2014 12:32

dunno if it's helpful, but basically I just skimmed through and was going to close the thread without a proper look because the pictures are just too damned big. All I can see is the first few inches and the rest is off screen. I'd recommend scaling all your bigger images to 50% or 33% so that they fit on a screen and can actually be looked at properly. No guarantees of it increasing the response to your thread, though as (no offense) this forum is pretty quiet at the moment!
See all my mini painting on my website

Innerwolf
Shas

Post#56 » Apr 05 2014 04:11

You are right, they weren't that way when I posted them, but I suppose Imageshack fiddled with them.
I will replace the ones worth looking at and remove the outdated ones.

O'Da'Cova
Shas

Post#57 » Apr 06 2014 01:42

I really like the streamlined look with the engines at the front. I may hazard a similar conversion myself at some point. I like that you could field an entire army that essentially follows the piranha design this way.

Moriar
Shas

Post#58 » Apr 06 2014 02:15

For future conversions like this, I would strongly suggest pushing the engines out a little farther so the hull is not in line with the exhaust port. I cant help shake the notion that the exhaust gas and such would be damaging to the hull as well as dangerous to anyone exiting the side hatches.
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps

Innerwolf
Shas

Post#59 » Apr 06 2014 03:54

O'Da'Cova I was aiming for that, thanks! I think it could even work for a flier using the same chassis, moving the main engines to the rear replacing the crew compartment, slightly bigger "wings" and leaving a clean, pointed front. The end result could have a profile reminiscent of the Quinjets in the new Avengers and Captain America movies (a design I love!).
Man, I think I'm converting a 'shark as soon as I clear projects ;)

Monar
That's true, but it would ruin the aesthetics, and for me look comes before realism in Warhammer :D We don't even know how a Tau engine works, it shouldn't neccesarily have any negative effect on the hull and passengers.
Any other impressions? Did you like it? You didn't?

Moriar
Shas

Post#60 » Apr 09 2014 06:17

Beyond the engine lining up on the side hatches, I do like the conversion quite a bit. I feel like I would want to use it as a light boarding craft for space fights more than an atmo vehicle. The side engines on the drone racks at the rear (I think thats what those are supposed to be) would give it excellent maneuverability in a zero-g environment, or in-atmosphere for that matter.

The only thing I would work on mechanically is the green stuff seams are a little rough. I am still working out how to play with green stuff yet, so I don't really have any suggestions, but it does break up the clean lines typical of Tau tech.
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps

Return to “Project Logs”