sept lif'de'nor progress.

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
thedrag0n22
Shas

Re: sept lif'de'nor progress.

Post#19 » Feb 21 2014 09:17

Well, something new has arrived at my sept. So when I went to play some 40k last Wednesday (Before you ask I lost) I got a piranha from my friend, it is my third so I wanted to do something new with it, so what I did was made the wings angle down and be swept back rather than forward.
Then after that I wanted to magnetize the model and after some fiddling with google I came to this page, And that is where I got the idea for the gun drone with burst cannons. (I also spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out if I had seen this page before because of how similar my piranha is to the one on that page.)

Patchoro
Shas

Post#20 » Feb 22 2014 06:07

Man! That is an awesome concept. I prefer this look above the stock Piranha.
I really dig those closed drone slots.
Looking forward to see it all come together when painted!

thedrag0n22
Shas

Post#21 » Feb 23 2014 11:44

Patchoro wrote:Man! That is an awesome concept. I prefer this look above the stock Piranha.
I really dig those closed drone slots.
Looking forward to see it all come together when painted!

Thank you. Don't expect it painted for a while (I have other things to paint and have a head cold right now) But onto the main thing, here is an image of the closed slots so you can see how they were done.
What I did was a took a drone body/disc, cut and sanded to to the right shape and glued it on.

thedrag0n22
Shas

Post#22 » Oct 20 2015 04:40

Hello every body! It has been quite a while hasn't it? Well in that time I honestly have not made a huge amount of new tau stuff. But I do have a small amount to show.

The primary among the new stuff is this battlesuit commander I had been working on.
This model is honestly one of my favorite, and at the same time least favorite of my creations. I am very happy with how the model as a whole came out, although I find myself disliking how I posed it, and generally am planning to remake it when the new commander model releases.
Some other angles for you.

Next in like are the various battlesuits I've changed around, in all cases it is just a matter of changed poses really.

Then we get to my other Commander mode, also given its own pose.

And now finally we get to the now painted piranha, it still needs some cleaning up but overall I'm happy with it.

Any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Oct 21 2015 08:49

I really like your thrusting forward battle suit it is what I always imagine. I guess I never think of my battle suits as retreating so I am not done of the bouncing backwards suit. For painting I really do like your white lines but I would say they could look even better if you just came back and painted 3/4 of the area wher it smeared our. If you do that it wall almost accomplish an OSL effect. Keep up the hard work and I can't wait to see what's next.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

thedrag0n22
Shas

Post#24 » Oct 25 2015 12:41

Chris in the socal wrote:I really like your thrusting forward battle suit it is what I always imagine. I guess I never think of my battle suits as retreating so I am not done of the bouncing backwards suit. For painting I really do like your white lines but I would say they could look even better if you just came back and painted 3/4 of the area wher it smeared our. If you do that it wall almost accomplish an OSL effect. Keep up the hard work and I can't wait to see what's next.

Thank you very much for the compliment on the suits, though I will say the one I believe you are speaking of is meant to look as if its landing, I'm going to eventually try to use basing to make it look more like it's landing rather than taking off.
And yea, the paint isn't very clean right now, as soon as I find the time (and patience) to clean it all up I will.

A question of you fine people, my current paint scheme is a mix of green and black with white detailing, among a handful of other things. What theme of basing do you think would fit?
I very much like using layered cork on my bases but I have no idea what else to do to them to actually make them have some sort of theme, any ideas?

Return to “Project Logs”