[Czar's Project Log] Rra Nan

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

[Czar's Project Log] Rra Nan

Post#1 » Sep 28 2013 06:42

--INCOMING TRANSMISSION--
--UPLOADING ACCESS CODES--
--DOWNLOADING TRANSMISSION--
--UN-CODING TRANSMISSION

Greeting Aun'O Rra'B

I, Aun'Va, the undying spirit of the Tau empire, have made my decision regarding the request you made during the last meeting of the Aun'Ar'Tol council. Your proposal to create an empire safe guarding cadre, composed of members form all castes and from all Sept worlds has been approved. I therefore am instructing you to begin marshaling the resources and forces you need to create this cadre which will be code named: Rra Nan (*Translation*: Shadow Sword).

Furthermore, I have also approved your request for the cadre's motto: Elan'gu'cha Tau'Va (*Translation*: The Greater Good happens because of us). I feel it will suit this cadre well.

Go forth, and safe guard our empire and our future!

Tau'Va

Hey ATT!

So I'm really excited to introduce my new Project log for my count-as Farsight Enclave. I've been putting this off until I finished moving back to Ottawa, and now I have my new station set up.

So, here is why I'm doing this and how it came to be. While making my next tournament list, I wanted to have an allied force from the Enclave. Now, I'm a big WYSIWYG kind of modeler, so if I was going to have an allied force, it had to have its own color scheme and units. (Yes, I'm the kind of guy who has 20+ Crisis suits with each weapon load-out glued in place because I want each suit to have a fixed load-out.) So, keeping with my Halo themed Tau, I decided to go with a Forerunner style color scheme, which favors dark metal armor and orange/red/yellow highlights. It will look something like this (without the highlights because I could find the options):

The Fluff
The fluff aim behind this group, is that I wanted a cadre that basically was a black-ops group. One with a unique set of gear and looks that would set them apart from a regular cadre, but (game-wise) played like the enclave. So the fluff I've been working on draws inspiration from Mass Effect's Specter force, and Star Trek's Section 31. Both of these groups are designed to keep their respective governments in place, at all costs. That's the feel I wanted with this group, the Shadow Swords. They aren't as evil as Section 31, but will stop at nothing to preserve the Tau empire and the Greater Good, no matter the cost.

The Modeling/Painting

As well with keeping in my halo theme, I'll be using my colored metal style to do the armor. I've already done 2 test cases, and now I've finally begun the first real project for this force, the leader and brains behind the whole cadre, Aun'O Rra'B (a.k.a The Shadow Shepard). I've only begun to get his conversion done, but I'm liking where its going. I'm using one of the new Farseers bodies, with some Tau-ifcations. :crafty: I'll be posting some pictures once I find my camera...

Anyways, hopefully updates soon!

Czar Ziggy

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Re: [Czar's Project Log] Rra Nan

Post#2 » Sep 28 2013 08:33

I'm excited to see where this goes! Also, I can only approve of project logs that start with communiques about secret cadres...

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » Sep 28 2013 09:21

Hey ATT!

Well, I couldn't find my camera, so my phone will have to do at the moment. But I really wanted to share a WIP of the Shadow Shepard. So, I apologize for it not being the highest quality.

I'm liking where this is going. And, the picture does not do this guy justice as he looks pretty awesome and epic in the, er, plastic? :roll:

Czar Ziggy

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#4 » Sep 28 2013 09:27

Nice work on the chest piece. How'd you pull that Tau insignia off?

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#5 » Sep 29 2013 05:09

It's the one from a fire warrior's shoulder pad, trimmed out. There's a little bit of green stuff to blend it into the chest.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 10 2013 02:20

Hey ATT! Still working on the Shadow Shepard, and he's still very much a WIP. I have an updated shot as well as what the general color scheme is for this black ops cadre. Enjoy!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Nov 10 2013 10:34

Hey ATT! So, almost done the Shadow Shepard. Just need to do a little more detail with the base. I am really liking this guy, and I can't wait to get him onto the field of battle! So here is a few up-dated shots!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#8 » May 21 2014 06:14

++ Incoming Log ++
++ Downloading Started ++
++ Download Complete ++

Subject: Shas'O Vior'la Suam'Sha'is (a.k.a Commander Firestorm)

Tau'Va Aun'O Rra'B,

As requested, I have compiled a dossier on Commander Firestorm as you requested.

Her performance in the field has been exemplary. It would appear that our DNA project has yielded ideal results.

As you are aware, with the defection of Commander Farsight after the second sphere expansion, we lost a great strategical mind and a master of the Mont'ka art of Tau warfare. While Commander Shawdowsun is a skilled Commander, she is not as ruthless in the application of Mont'ka as Farsight was. Using the recorded samples of Commander Farsight's DNA, kept in the same labs which were responsible for the creation of the Puretide hologram and engram chip, and which took samples of DNA from all of his students before they were frozen in stasis, we were able to begin our project to clone genetic memories into offspring. This project, as you know, was in response to the many deaths caused by the removal of the Puretide engram chips after the defense of Dal'yth.

It appears that most, if not all, of Farsight's tactical genius have been manifested by Commander Firestorm. She also shares the same Sept traits as are common with those from Vior'la, which is to say she is rather aggressive. As you have requested, she has been transferred under your command and is now, as you read this, on her way to your Ta'shiro.

I've also taken the liberty of having her suit modified to carry our new experimental weapon. It's a modified version of the fusion blades recovered from conflicts with the enclaves. It is much more refined however, and there is only the one we have created. We have fully integrated it's design into Commander Firestorm's suit.

Commander Firestorm was also quite adamant that she be allowed to keep Farsight's personal emblem on her suit. When asked, she said she wanted to return the lost honor to it.

Your Humble servant

Fio'O Bork'an Va'Ru

Hey ATT!

I have not forgotten about this thread, just haven't had anything new to add until now! As you may have guessed, I have finished my Farsight model and found a way to have an "Empire" aligned Farsight. Anyways, here are some pictures of the completed Farsight/Firestorm as well as the rest of the gang!

Czar Ziggy

Aldarion
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » May 22 2014 10:37

they look fantastic, but is too much black, maybe if you combine with some parts in other color. and don't forget to put the Tau inscriptions.
Training in clonetrooper training center BS3!, ja!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#10 » Sep 05 2014 08:31

Hey ATT!

Just a quick and small update. I have pulled one of my old suits that was a conversion experiment gone wrong, and fixed it up to be the first battle suit of the Rra Nan Cadre!

You would hardly know him after the change! :crafty:

Czar Ziggy

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#11 » Sep 06 2014 07:51

Looking good, CZ. The panel lining is pretty interesting. :)

Myrdin
Shas

Post#12 » Sep 08 2014 01:45

Looking great. I was a little worried by the black color scheme you chose, but taking a better look at it when more miniatures are together it looks nice indeed.

Also.... love that "Road to Cadre" thing :D Makes me remember the Gintama show

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#13 » Dec 16 2014 09:21

++ Incoming Transmission ++
++ Decryption Started ++
++ Download Started ++
++ File Ready ++

Subject: Re: Fire Support Request

Tau'Va Aun'O Rra'B,

I am pleased to inform you that Fio'O Tau'n Bentu'Caor has approved your request to commission a XV104 Riptide Battlesuit for your task force. It shall be outfitted with the heavy burst cannon system as its primary weapon, and we will be also begin fitting it with the smart missile system. If you have any further inquires, please feel free to have your personal message drone send them to our facility.

Tau'Va

Fio'Ui Tau'n Savon

Hey ATT!

So, I'm finally building my second Riptide, that has been sitting around here for almost a year, waiting for me to finally make up my mind what to do with it. So, I've decided to allocate it to my growing Enclaves forces and to load it with the opposite load out from my other Riptide. I'm also hoping I've learned a few things from setting up my last Riptide which should help make this one even better! Also, I finally got the last thing I wanted to make him a little more special, the Eclipse sized Ruins Base from Micro Arts Studios. Gives him just a little more character! Here are some WIP shots from what I've assembled so far.

After he is done, I'm not sure what other projects I will have for here until I get more XV8s. I might use the left over marker drones to make a replacement pathfinder team and keep the army more mobile, eventually dedicating a commander to ride with them to give them a better BS. Thoughts?

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#14 » Jan 18 2015 10:12

Hey ATT! Just a quick update on my Enclaves Riptide! If you follow my blog you'll have seen most of it's development!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#15 » Mar 01 2015 04:13

Hey ATT!

So, before I post this to my hobby Blog, here is a sneak peak of my final paint job on the Enclaves Riptide and his drones! Plus an army shot of all the Enclaves models I have so far!

Czar Ziggy

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#16 » Mar 02 2015 03:08

I love that you used a Broadside Armour Pauldron for the crisis suit. Your army color scheme is very unique, and My R'alai would have fun joining you in a nightfight scenario. Also love to see you're basing them too. Keep up the good work. :D
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#17 » Sep 05 2015 09:08

Hey ATT! Looks like this project is back on the go! Just started working on my first Battlesuit squad for the Enclaves! I've started first with the team leader and Shas'Vre of the squad. I love having all these spare Broadside and Riptide parts laying around!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#18 » Sep 27 2015 06:52

Hey ATT! So an update on my squad leader! Getting closer to finishing him up!

Czar Ziggy

Return to “Project Logs”