Orange Sun Sept - Deet's WIP of awesome things

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: Orange Sun Sept - Deet's WIP of awesome things

Post#41 » Feb 16 2015 11:21

Didnt realise how detailed the back of the model is. Really working the blue nicely, balanced just so against his armor.

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#42 » Feb 17 2015 09:14

You know, with a lot of the painters on ATT, I just feel embarrassed to what I consider painted... Your models are beautiful and am actually intrigued by the Orange and grey/blue combo.. It really works well together... Fantastic job!!

tripwire
Shas

Post#43 » Feb 17 2015 10:58

That white line on the cape... You madman!

Deet
Shas'La

Post#44 » Feb 18 2015 11:40

Thanks Tael, Deepstrike.

Trip- It's weak sauce free-handing by the standards I want to get to, but you've got to start somewhere. I'm starting with trying to make myself paint symmetrical and consistent lines. Harder than I thought it would be. Let's see some on yours! You've got the skills man.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#45 » Feb 19 2015 11:10

All of it is great Deet, but that base on the D-Knight? :eek: (kisses fingers in a European fashion to emphasize the beauty)

Your Knights themselves are something to brag about too, nice work!

Deet
Shas'La

Post#46 » Feb 19 2015 06:11

Thanks, MG! I enjoyed working on that one a lot. Largely the credit goes to Mr Scibor, but I did a lot of vines and leaves on it myself. Two part tutorial starts here: http://thehammerofwrath.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-to-jungle-bases-sculpting-vines-leaves-17.html

Deet
Shas'La

Post#47 » Feb 06 2017 03:02

Hello Orbital, It's been a long time! I've been away from the hobby in general for 7-8 months as I moved twice, got married, honeymoon, etc. Made painting a bit tough. In what little hobby time I've had, I've largely been neglecting my Tau boys, but no more!

It's a small thing, but a good way to work my way back in to the hobby. For years now, I've been faking my way through games with a minimum number of weapons on my suits and using count-as drones. I finally broke out the airbrush and got to work getting myself WYSIWYG. Lots more magnetized weapons and assorted drones.

These guys still need washing and highlighting, but at least I can field them with some respect for now.

I've got goals to get some more Tau stuff in the works soon, but with an Alpha Legion army and new Seraphon army both still unable to field a basic FOC, it'll still probably be a lower priority for a bit.

Hope you're all doing well. Tau'va.
~Deet

Tael
Fio'O

Post#48 » Feb 07 2017 02:46

Doing well but busy as heck this year so far! Congrats on all the non-Tau stuff :D

Great to see the cadre fire up again, and some nice drones to boot (hoof?)

The new Drone kits certainly open up the options more than ever.

Return to “Project Logs”