Kin'D'uman Farsight Enclave [WIP]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Kin'D'uman Farsight Enclave [WIP]

Post#19 » Mar 18 2014 03:44

We'll all I can say is I wouldn't want to run into one of those even in an XV-8. Great model work and painting. I feel your pain I currently have about 8,000 points of tau to paint. I love to convert and am displeased with my painting. I feel like do a great deal of work on getting the details just right modeling wise then mess it up painting them. Your work inspires me to try and paint all those models.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#20 » Mar 18 2014 04:31

Chris in the socal wrote:We'll all I can say is I wouldn't want to run into one of those even in an XV-8. Great model work and painting. I feel your pain I currently have about 8,000 points of tau to paint. I love to convert and am displeased with my painting. I feel like do a great deal of work on getting the details just right modeling wise then mess it up painting them. Your work inspires me to try and paint all those models.

8000!? Wow! Well, I would pick a very simple scheme and limit the details when as where you can. An airbrush with a good base, some simple top highlights and a clean coat of wash could go a long way when you have thy much to paint.

Thanks for the kind words. It's fuel for my fire to keep painting!
Kin'D'uman • "Aim straight and fire true"

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#21 » Mar 20 2014 01:04

Okay ladies and gentlexenos, I've finished my display board. I apologize ahead of time for terrible photo quality. Poor lighting, a cluttered office/work space don't help much but I hope you get the idea. I drew a "floor plan" and a few sketches of what I had wanted this board to look like and I have to say that I've managed to do a pretty darn good job of creating what I imagined on paper. Enjoy...

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#22 » Mar 20 2014 08:34

That is a beautiful board! Wow. All of the details look top notch.

I only have two minor criticisms/critiques:
    1. With the walls of the buildings bordering the edges, it might be difficult to get your hands into them (i.e. moving models during play may be awkward when reaching around the building). And it doesn't seem to offer much cover for models occupying the ruins.
    2. The center of the board seems rather bare. I realize, however, that may be so that you can place modular terrain pieces to change things up from game to game.

Again though, it looks fantastic. The level of polish, colors palette and foliage are all very impressive.

E'nigma
Shas

Post#23 » Mar 20 2014 08:40

ARC'Thunder wrote:That is a beautiful board! Wow. All of the details look top notch.

I only have two minor criticisms/critiques:
    1. With the walls of the buildings bordering the edges, it might be difficult to get your hands into them (i.e. moving models during play may be awkward when reaching around the building). And it doesn't seem to offer much cover for models occupying the ruins.
    2. The center of the board seems rather bare. I realize, however, that may be so that you can place modular terrain pieces to change things up from game to game.

Again though, it looks fantastic. The level of polish, colors palette and foliage are all very impressive.

That's his Display Board ARC ;)

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#24 » Mar 20 2014 08:46

He is correct, it is just a display board for tournaments. I made it so that it could accommodate up to 2500pts on the board while still being manageable to carry from table to table. Thanks for the comments though!

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#25 » Mar 21 2014 04:56

Well now, don't I feel silly :P .

Still, that's a good looking board!

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#26 » Apr 16 2014 06:15

So, it's been a little while since I've had anything to share. I've made some progress, yay! The Enclave Warriors are almost complete only awaiting final highlights and basing...

I've also started working on one of my two Riptides, this will be my O'Vesa when I choose to field her. Still need a lot of edge highlighting, pigments, washing, lenses, basing, etc...

I've also "finished" my Razorsharks. It's my first real go at using an airbrush outside of the Enclave Warriors and the Riptide. I'm not super, super happy with the results but I suppose I can't expect to put out Golden Daemons right off the bat, right? Have a look...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nbEf6K]Image

I'll post more photos later. Cheers!

Biddo
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#27 » Apr 17 2014 06:16

The Enclave warriors look fantastic! Your razor sharks came out real nice too. I really like the look of the digital camo on the wings.
Want your crisis suits to have hands? try my guide

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#28 » Apr 17 2014 06:25

Thanks Biddo-

I've been up at night thinking if I want to keep the camo or not. I'm not sure I like it yet. It's great in theory but it takes a really long time and I'm not sure the results are worth the extra effort, especially when my paint skills are sub par at best.

samuraioshovah
Shas

Post#29 » Apr 17 2014 11:28

:eek: I love your work! Super Exceptional! Especially the Riptide, I know you haven't started yet, but Oh my Railgun it is sexy so far!
Mobile Armor Division...71-12-11 2014 Season 14-4-3

gmarks
Shas

Post#30 » Apr 17 2014 09:16

Those fire warriors are incredible. You've done some great kit bashing on them and the paint job is phenomenal. I really like the muted palette you've chosen.

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#31 » Apr 18 2014 06:34

Thanks everyone! This is great motivation for me. I'm a bit down on the Razorsharks as they didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped. I suppose that's what I get for playing with pigments without using a test model.

My hopes are to have the Enclave Warriors finished next week. Final highlights and basing.

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#32 » May 02 2014 08:45

Well, I'm happy and sad to say that my Enclave Warriors, Cadre Fireblade and Darkstrider are complete. Happy because they are for the most part complete. Maybe a few touch ups down the road. I'd say these are at least tabletop quality and given the fact that they are such a small portion of my army, my hopes are that the attention and thought that went into these little buggers will show through on the tabletop.

The big sad part is that I used Army Painter's Matte Varnish to seal them and it all but ruined them It really dulled down a lot of the layering and detail that I put into these guys. It also left a dusty, white, speckled layer on top. All in all, I feel like the Army Painter ruined a solid 2-3 months of effort put into these guys. Thanks AP.

For those that aren't up to date on the story behind my Enclave Warriors, here is the fluffy stuff : When I decided to build Farsight Enclave specific Fire Warriors, they needed to be visibly different to what we're accustomed to. With the Farsight fluff, the Enclaves are in some ways more advances and in others a bit left behind with the Empire's technological advances. My idea was to make these Enclave Warriors look a little more seasoned. To showcase this with the models I used Pathfinder torsos and legs matched with Fire Warrior and Pathfinder heads, no helmets, no antennae. I used Fire Warriors and Pathfinder arms with the standard Pulse Rifle but I shaved off the scope and added Markerlights, not to count as Markerlights but to replace the aforementioned scope. This gave the rifle an elongated look that I really dig. I used Imperial bags and pouches along with Kroot shoulder pads and bags on some of the models. The idea is that these were early edition uniform for the Fire Caste and as the Empire developed, they passed along the older tech to the Kroot. There you have it...

Return to “Project Logs”