Dr Dreus MD - Stranded Cadre - Escalation League 1500 points

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
DrDreusMD
Shas

Dr Dreus MD - Stranded Cadre - Escalation League 1500 points

Post#1 » Mar 26 2014 09:49

Good morning Advanced Tau Tactica. After spending so much free time (and work time) browsing all the great modelling, painting and conversion work I felt it was time to throw my hat in the ring.

There is an escalation league that just began in my hometown that I have signed up for. This project log will document the road to 1500 points of heavily converted Tauness. This will not be a competitive army in any way and the conversions will be taking heavy inspiration from the video game Titanfall.

The First Challenge

Complete 1 HQ and 1 Unit of your choice

Challenge accepted

HQ
Commander (Ogre Class Crisis Suit)

Plasma Rifle
Missile Pod
Shield Gen.
Velocity Tracker

Iridium Armour
Onager Gauntlet

( Going to be converted to be about the size of a Broadside. )

Bodyguard (Stryder Class Crisis Suit)

Fusion Blaster
Stim Injectors
Vector Retro Thrusters

Repulse Impact Field

(SEE PICTURES BELOW)

Kroot Mercenaries (Recruits)
20 Kroot w/ Shaper
1 kroot hound
20 sniper rounds

(Meant to be the Grunts. More than likely to end up Gue'sa Imperial Guard all kitted out for winter weather. Fluff for my force demands Ice planet preperations)

Here are 3 pictures of the recently built Stryder Class Crisis Suit.
There will be much more to come.

This suit was built using Necron legs for both the legs and arms of the suit. Space Marine Hands to hold the weapon. Crisis Feet, Stealth Suit Torso and a few random odds and ends. Ill be posting a few WIP pictures and Larger pictures very soon.

This Project is going to extend past the 1500 points and need to be made for the escalation league. The league is merly a starting point that will help drive the project toward its final goal. Comments, Criticisms, Suggestion and the like would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
You aren't happy enough... Ill teach you to be happy.

De'terra
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: Dr Dreus MD - Stranded Cadre - Escalation League 1500 points

Post#2 » Mar 26 2014 02:04

As a HUGE fan of titanfall at the moment,I can only applaud your efforts and hope that you will post much more soon.
I like the Stryder in any case.

Without some larger photos and a stock model for scale, it seems a bit small no ?

DrDreusMD
Shas

Re: Dr Dreus MD - Stranded Cadre - Escalation League 1500 points

Post#3 » Mar 26 2014 02:17

The Photo's were all so much bigger on my phone... I will try to replace them tonight with better ones. Its Bulk is certainly smaller than a normal XV8. Height is off by about a 1/4" of an inch. Been itching to build these guys since I saw the Trailers for Titanfall.
You aren't happy enough... Ill teach you to be happy.

Return to “Project Logs”