Shas'Tom Farsight Enclave Log "Pic Heavy"

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Shas'Tom
Shas

Shas'Tom Farsight Enclave Log "Pic Heavy"

Post#1 » Jul 23 2014 04:32

Hi Guys!

So me and some other gaming friends have decided to start a "Tale of Many Gamers" project of our own this year as we all have those projects we've wanted to do for ages but never gotten round too, so we sat down and we have the set the following rules.

Starting point is 600 Points, which must be fully painted and based by 14th August when we meet up for our next gaming session. After this initial starting point we will be going up in 300 point increments each month until we get to the 1500 point mark and then one final leap of 350 so we have 1850 point lists each by the end of this year.

So I was thinking that I may aswell keep a log of my progress on here as my own project is an 1850 point Farsight Army lead by Commander Brightsword so go with my current 5.5k of Sa'cea sept Tau, the other armies that i will be competeing with will be Astra Militarum, Slamanders, Orks, More Orks, and Eldar. So to keep us in line with the painting we have a 3rd party who has written up a narrative campaign where points will be rewarded to players who use a fully painted force, and those who use a more fluffy list rather than all out power! Becuase we are all avid believers in "Rule of Cool" this is normally not somthing we would have to even think of, but it sets the pace. Army lists will be locked at the start of each month so no changes can be made to them to keep things fair and to stop list tailoring.

So That's that this is going to be a fun project I think. I have almost finished my first 600 Points but with the next squads I will be putting up step by step guides on how I got which colours too incase anyone wants to replicate the schemes.

I hope you enjoy the pics, and C&C welcome! Pics will be being uploaded throughout today.

Shas'Tom

Shas'Tom
Shas

Re: Shas'Tom Farsight Enclave Log "Pic Heavy"

Post#2 » Jul 23 2014 05:40

So, Lets start with the first 600 Points of the Army:

3 XV8 Crisis Suits
3 Twin Linked Fusion Blasters
1 Shas'vre With Vectored Retro Thrusters
3 Bonding Knives
2 Shield Drones
1 Gun Drone

3 XV8 Crisis Suits
6 Missile Pods
2 XV8 with Target Locks
1 Shas'vre with Vectored Retro Thrusters
3 Bonding Knives
2 Shield Drones
1 Gun Drone

XV8 Crisis Suit Commander
1 Twin Linked Fusion Blaster
1 Fusion Blade
Vectored Retro Thrusters
Stimulant Injector
Talisman of Arthas Maloch
1 Gun Drone
1 Shield Drone

Okay so that is the first months list, meaning we need to move on to some pictures!!

Fusion Team 1

Missile Team 1

Commander Brightsword...this was a fun project.
This is the Fusion Blade from construction to painting
-

wartang
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 23 2014 05:00

OH that is pretty :smile:
W/D/L/JPDC
6/2/3/2

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 23 2014 06:52

I really like your cool fusion blade. What blade dis you use I like the metal parts that look like they are controlling the blades flow.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Return to “Project Logs”