Bean Town Tau's Rookie Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Bean_Town_Tau

Bean Town Tau's Rookie Cadre

Post#1 » Oct 24 2014 07:27

So I'm pretty new to the hobby in general (playing and painting) but I wanted to post some of my work so far. I don't have an official photo-booth yet, but I'm dying to interact with other 40k players! Especially my brothers fighting for the greater good! Hopefully I came to the right place. I figured I'd start by showing some of my models. I tried to come up with a different paint scheme, something a little different! So here it goes:

First up is my very first stealth suit!

Here is my broadside. This guy took me a pretty long time, but I'm fairly happy with it. I really liked how the engine coloring came out:

So again, I'm sure that my photos are not at all in the format they should be in and I will work on that in the future. I just don't have many people to share and talk with regarding the hobby so I was excited to come across this site. I look forward to talking with you all and sharing my future projects!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Bean Town Tau's Rookie Cadre

Post#2 » Oct 25 2014 01:21

Hey Bean_Town_Tau! As a lover of green Tau I like how your army is coming along.Also, as someone who has been in the hobby for over 10 years, I never stop learning, be it new painting techniques or gaming strategies. It all comes in time. Your highlighting on the broadside is really good. It's very clean and crisp. Also, great job on the light effects for your power core and his back! I still haven't been able to get that down as good yet. You should be happy with how that turned out!

Keep up the good work!

Czar Ziggy
Last edited by Czar Ziggy on Oct 26 2014 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

Bean_Town_Tau

Post#3 » Oct 25 2014 03:56

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! I definitely learned to water down my paints on the broadside, especially for the edging. I have to admit, I was highly surprised that the power core came out so well, it was the first time I planned out how to do something and it turned out just about right lol.

Goobermunch
Shas

Post#4 » Oct 25 2014 10:36

Yeah. I think the next time you paint a Broadsides, you should take pictures of each step of the process of painting the reactor. That way the rest of us can . . . uhm . . . uh . . . "critique" it. Yeah, that's it. We need you to take pictures so we can critique it. Not so we can copy what you're doing. Nope. Not at all.

--G

Bean_Town_Tau

Post#5 » Oct 26 2014 09:52

Haha I can certainly do that! I'm afraid the simplicity of it will take all of the sexiness out of it though, but I'm more than happy to share techniques! Its all for the greater good, right?

Return to “Project Logs”