My Classic Tau - beginner at 28mm

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: My Classic Tau - beginner at 28mm

Post#19 » Aug 10 2016 04:58

That paint work is superb! I hope you love long projects ;) because if you maintain that standard across your entire army, it's going to take ages! But holy moly is it worth it! I speak from experience :D

genISD
Shas

Post#20 » Aug 10 2016 02:14

Well my first goal is Kill Team 250 points squad.
Drone was first airbrushed with AK Primer than Tau Ochre was airbrushed too. There is slight problem however, some brush marks are visible in areas where I had to clean up wash. I hope varnish will mask it a little

GeorgeJetson
Shas

Post#21 » Aug 10 2016 04:53

genISD,

Your scheme looks very similar to mine. Very clean work, man!

As far as textures go, I have painted much of my army using hand-brushing (I'm almost done with my Super Tuna all done by hand) and once you varnish most of the paint's texture will go away, the varnish might leave a very slight texture of its own though.

My problem with airbrushing is two-fold, I think the regulator I am using might be garbage (it came with the compressor) and I can't seem to get the right consistency when mixing my own paints from the pot. The Citadel Air paints are nice and fix this one problem, but it's difficult to source, only one store in my area carries it and they run out and then take months to restock. If I know of a Vallejo color that was matched to Tau Light Ochre I would probably use that. Would save me a lot of time, too.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#22 » Aug 11 2016 03:26

That is some clean work indeed. I am also working around Kill Team size projects, helps keep the motivation rolling :)

genISD
Shas

Post#23 » Aug 13 2016 07:13

I've just bought Kolinsky brushes 00, 0 and 1. I paint them faster than with Italeri's syntheric brushes.

Return to “Project Logs”