My Snow Tau Cadre. Probably from Sa'cea

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Koldegaard
Shas

My Snow Tau Cadre. Probably from Sa'cea

Post#1 » Mar 26 2015 08:04

Hey Guys. First time poster here.

Just wanted to getting my projectlog going in here. Been lurking for almost a year now and with the release of the Yvahra battlesuit i had to revisit my first passion.. TAU!

I've been heavily inspired by Lews Drop Troops over on warseer, even though im not nearly as skilled a painter/converter as he is. I suffer from this thing called "Cant-finish-one-miniature-ness" so im already sorry if this just feels like a long series of photos and not a project. But I just have to jump back and forth between miniatures before i grow sick of painting just firewarriors.

Without further presentation. Here is my WIP commander aka. the surfer dude. He kinda gives an idea of what i want from my army.

Next of is my firewarriors. I want to have a good base for my army so i am currently working on 48 of these guys.

And the guy who started it all... The 109 Yvahra suit. This guys is going to be my "Panic button" for my gun line, just roaming around in my backfield until a threat to the firewarriors show themselves. I imagine him "drawing the line" with his big flamer.

The idea behind the whole army is that they have been "abandoned" almost by the Tau Empire. They don't get reinforcements or much new gear. They have to fend for themselves so therefor they have this extreme weathered look. Anyways thanks for looking.

Happy to not just "lurk" anymore.

Best Regards

De'terra
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: My Snow Tau Cadre. Probably from Sa'cea

Post#2 » Mar 26 2015 09:25

The firewarriors look fantastic!
The commander is a bit too heavily weathered for my tastes but that doesn't take away from the fact that it has executed properly.

Would you mind sharing a bit of information on how you did the flame effect with the green stuff?
Very interested should I ever receive my XV 109 :D

Militant.Jester
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Mar 26 2015 10:19

By the Auns, I cannot wait to see that XV109 finished and painted. Seriously, the line of fire is an awesome idea, and the overall pose so far is suitably intimidating.

I'm with De'terra on the Commander being too weathered, but obviously, you do you. I think I like more with the ice theme, because I can envision part of it as wear/tear and part as ice - or maybe the whole armor is painted black, and the white parts are just obscured by snow... lets the imagination run wild.

Also, generally speaking, blue/white/orange is a sweet color scheme, so props for that.
Ni neart go cur le cheile::Cadre Log Activating...

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#4 » Mar 26 2015 11:41

Thanks so much for the comments DT and MJ.

I know the weathering is WAY over the top, just the way i like it, so that probably wont change. I will try some different kinds of it though, just to see what i like the most. So stay tuned ;)

For the flame on the Yvahra. I drilled three holes into the barrels of the flamer and inserted a piece of cobber wire into each hole. These go into the base and are glued on the bottom of it to give it some extra support. The Yvahra is a pretty top-heavy kind of gal :roll:
Between the three pieces of cobber i just threw in a Huge blob of green stuff. Then made a couple of flat pieces to wrap around it to hide the cobber wire. I then made a "greenstuff sausage" and put on the base to make the flame that runs along it.

From there on out, the recipe is quite simple. Simply take a tweezer. Dip it into Water to make sure it does not stick. And then just go to town. Grab a Little bit of GS between the tweezer and drag it out. It takes a Little bit of practising but im actually quite happy with the result and im not much of modeler :fear:

So i want a Yvahra, surrounded by flames once you receive your Yvahra, De'Terra ;)

I actually managed to finish the first full squad of fire warriors today.. And assembled my other Yvahra... The one with the greenstuff flames will have to wait while its Brother is being painted up.

Did i forget to mention i've ordered two? ;)

Best regards

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 27 2015 01:56

My first batch of Fire Warriors. Sorry about the large images in this post, gonna be the last time i forget to scale them down.

Got all of the 12 based and attacked with a sponge. As a gamer i am really happy with how they look together in a group, but there is probably a lot of ways they could be improved.

Here is the other Y'vahra that i mentioned. I managed to get a little amount of paint on him, while his brother is looking envious from the sideline. Not quite sure about the base yet, but im thinking doing a crack in the ground with lave portrouding from beneath him... Just random thoughts... I went for a more classic "heres my flamer now take it" - pose on this fella..

Best regards and thanks for looking and following my eternal quest for a painted force

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#6 » Apr 01 2015 02:42

I managed to get my Y'vahra done!!
Now on to his brother...!

C and C are always welcome..

Best regards

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#7 » Apr 02 2015 08:00

Brothers of the flame!!! Getting ready to Hunt wave serpents next Friday!

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#8 » Apr 06 2015 09:57

So now i am awaiting the stuff for the base of the second Y'vahra and while i wait.. I might as Well get some Work done on the guys. 14 stealth suits awaiting paint to join the rest of the fire caste. Still looking forward to beating some pointy-eared fiends this Friday..

For the greater good

Aldarion
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Apr 13 2015 08:58

the black mud looks to hard, try puting some brown inside the black stains

or if you wanna make armor damage, put silver inside the black.

Anyway, that flame of your riptide looks soo cool!! :eek:
Training in clonetrooper training center BS3!, ja!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Apr 13 2015 09:24

Really nice looking army.

Love the lava and snow bases. And of course those ForgeWorld Riptides, nicely done.

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#11 » Apr 13 2015 04:30

@ Aldarion i know it is hard to see on the Pictures but the "Black mud" is actually made with SkavenBlight Dinge. So a dark colored greyish Brown. I am a LAZY painter, so this is probably as advanced as its going to get with the sponge attack. Thanks in regards to the Riptide flamer. I am really satisfied with it myself, so feels good to get acknowledgement from you Guys :)

@ Dre yea i like the contrast there too... don't really know how much of the snow should be melted around the lava, but then Again. In a World where huge Machinery battles each other, guess i have some form of artistic freedom ;) I actually finished the base on the flamer one too. Will be posting shortly.

So since the last time, i finished the base on the second Y'vahra and started one my Sniper Drone squad... Stay tuned, Pictures will be up tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by Guys, really appreciate it !

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 13 2015 04:40

Just so ya'll did not Think im messing with you. 15 rapid firing BS5 AI's ready to join ranks..
Im gonna snap some group photos tomorrow so ya'll Can see the finished base on Y'vahra #2.

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#13 » Apr 14 2015 03:10

The other finished Y'vahra. Managed to get some Work done on the sniper drones today.. They are around 70% done..

When they are finished i Will snap a couple of group photos :)

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#14 » Apr 14 2015 03:52

Love it man. Nice work. He looks mid battle, and that flame is fantastic. You should do a how to so I can replicate with mine.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Blurrz
Shas

Post#15 » Apr 14 2015 03:57

Killer colorscheme mate.

I love the flame effect.. Just wow.

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#16 » Apr 14 2015 04:02

Think you so much guys..
Blueshock not for anyone... But for a ATT trooper like you.. Sure thing..

Im actually awaiting an r'varna this week.. He Will be standing on a burning dreadnought, so i'll make a tutorial with pictures next week!

And thanks to you too Blurrz :)!

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#17 » Apr 14 2015 04:03

Awesome man, looking forward to it. Thanks again for showing us your awesome work!
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Koldegaard
Shas

Post#18 » Apr 16 2015 07:19

15 of these bad boys are now done! Now i just have to finish the 6 marksmen to run beside Them. As mentioned i am still awaiting a r'varna riptide. FW said it was shipped monday so im getting a little impatient...

Return to “Project Logs”