O'shasanuk'ret'ka(School of the Pheonix): An Enclave Project

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

O'shasanuk'ret'ka(School of the Pheonix): An Enclave Project

Post#1 » May 22 2015 12:24

File Open: *************
-Password Valid-
Enter Username: *****************
-Authorization Valid-
Retrieving Data. Standby...

Report Desig. #332443

My glorious Aun, as requested of your humble agent, I have submitted this report over what I have learned in the last 18 kai'rotaa. My time with the MARS Cadre "Cova'Sitqu'R'Nan" or "Blade of Righteous Destruction". Included will cover all i have been able to glean from individuals as well as as a fighting unit, and there possible usefulness to our sept. As this involvement with the renegades is of course illegal, I have encrypted these files in repetition. Take care not to enter the command codes incorrectly, or they will self degrade.

After 13 kai'rotaa, this cadre was called into action in response to a distress call from a small outlier world that housed a hidden academy. I will go into this event later on in my report.

I was able to procure the images following by attaching small micro beads to the bases of my attendant drones. The Fio attached to this cadre is an incredible mind, and I rather suspect he discovered them, and knows of my secondary purpose in this "journey" I have taken. Curious that he did not remove them, however.

Recon Fireteam "Majestic"
Led by veteran shas'ui "Raik'aek", this fireteam is one of the three small units that provides the majority of the cadres foot infantry. Well drilled, they seem to primarily function as a training unit as well as an armored fist to secure drop zones when needed. Throughout my time here, multiple groups of unblooded firewarriors cycled through from various other Enclaves troops, serving under this teams tutelage.

These warriors are masters of both shock tactics and infiltration. Their shas'ui, "Raik'aek" received his name after his previous squad had been gunned down, and for twenty rotaa he managed to evade and persecute his enemy. He speaks rarely, and moves like a shadow in the field.

Shas'Ui'Raik'aek'Vior'los

Shas'la'Vo'lek'Vior'los - Comms Officer

The ArkFisher

This vehicle, one of three in the cadres posession, is something I have never seen before. An open sided vehicle designed for rapid and aerial deployment, allows the occupants inside to rappel from the vehicle or simply jump out as it descends, requiring only seconds for it to redeploy. While it sacrifices some armor and overall speed, it makes up for the fact it does not have to land at any time. Its top thruster is augmented by additional grav plates and a curved front end, making it highly maneuverable and intimidating. More information should be gleaned on this variant in the future, if possible.

*Note: I owe credit to someone for this amazing concept design, I just don't remember who it was. If you know, please do a shout out so they can their dues. I also have another one coming along that is much more smoothly executed, and then this one will be getting a remodel.*

END OF REPORT PAGE ONE.

This project log entails my return to the hobbying side of it and hopefully soon the gaming side of it. I have three devilfish, either converted as above or being refitted, this squad and a few other trinkets finished. The primary goal is to build some really impressive XV8's using all the skills I've learned. As an Enclaves army, infantry will be minimal, and suits will be the primary focus. The army composition is based on my M.A.R.S. tactica/article.

PS: I am very bad at keeping up with these things, and I get very distracted very easily. Feel free to send me a nudge every once in a while, and I hope this time I finish it out. C&C welcome! And sorry for the potato quality pictures, I should have my digital camera charged for next time. And better lighting.

PPS: Looking at these pictures, I REALLY need to go through and do some sanding or trimming of mold lines and touch those cloaks up again...
Enclave of the 7 Swords: 12-5-2

Stygian
Shas

Re: O'shasanuk'ret'ka(School of the Pheonix): An Enclave Project

Post#2 » May 22 2015 12:51

All these models look incredibly battle worn and I love it. Especially all the battle damage on the nose of the modified devilfish, also the design on that one firewarriors helmet is beautiful. I hope you don't take too long posting more pictures :)

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » May 22 2015 01:53

Stygian: Cool pictures!

Now I want to the know the fluff around your cadre? Since O'shasanuk'la, come from tau folklore. 'Lord Firebird', the legendary bird of fire that was the sun as it moved across the daytime sky; but whose true form could only be seen in the red sky at dawn or dusk.

So, what are the Phoenix school's tactics and how does that show up in the game?
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » May 22 2015 02:48

Tauman I modified it a bit, ie School of the Pheonix, but it is a special warfare academy / shock assault training center established by the Enclaves. I'll go into it more in future posts, but lets just say they utilize two forms of warfare as one, Kau'yon during the day to wear out/draw out the opponent, and full on blitzkrieg Mont'ka during hours of darkness.

And yes I stole the name directly from your Lexicon. The name is meant to tie into a story I've written just a bit about, to stir me into keep writing on it.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » May 22 2015 03:08

T'oh, so it's an academy!

J'Kaara Nan wrote:And yes I stole the name directly from your Lexicon. The name is meant to tie into a story I've written just a bit about, to stir me into keep writing on it.

Mirror Sword...that's what the Expanded Tau Lexicon is for! :P Why would I be posting it and asking for submissions if it wasn't for everyone? ;)

Looking forward to more 'fluffy' entries as well as your modelling.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » May 22 2015 03:57

File Open: *************
-Password Valid-
Enter Username: *****************
-Authorization Valid-
Retrieving Data. Standby...

Report Desig. #332443/page-two retrieved

Command and Control Group "Ran'eoran" (Spirits of Courage)

Sentinel D'Rhen'El'Vior'los (Twin Hammer of Vior'los)

Apart from standard military rankings, the cadre curiously uses different names befitting their past and largely "independent" status among the Enclaves. Sentinel, denoting one equal to a 'EL in Tau, indicates a team leader. While deployed on their own, this commander has total control over those below him. When rejoined with the Cadre, they serve as field commanders, answering only to those in true command of the theater of war.

Sentinel D'Rhen carries a highly modified XV-8, designated XV8-CQB by the attached Fio, as do his two squad mates. This suit boasts additional targeting apparatus, spare chem bays and a mated thruster, linked to another 4 micro thrusters. Up-armored in several sections, the suit displays fantastic maneuverability in close quarters and incredible verticality, but suffers from lowered overall speed. D'Rhen also boasts a unique piece of wargear I do not truly understand, despite his numerous displays and slow, descriptive explanations. Resembling a shield generator and several segmented sections, when activated it burns as bright as the sun. Quite capable of completely rendering even gue'la adamantium into slag with minimul effort, the weapon can also fire its energy over a short distance.

D'Rhen acquired his name through his constant use of twin plasma rifles, regardless the target. His skill and ferocity with these weapons can be attested to, as his ability to decipher enemy weaknesses and structural vulnerabilities allows him to target any foe. Over time this became a rather noted feature, and his commander deemed him "D'Rhen".

"Warden" Yon'Idegi (Loyal Patience)

As Warden, a rank equal to Shas'Vre, Yon'Idegi serves as both life servant to D'Rhen as well as a mentor to newer warriors in the cadre. His name seems to have come from his unwillingness to leave D'Rhen's side, claimed to have once said "One day I will not be his side, and on that day I shall cease to require air." Prior to his current station he has refused promotions and transfers, despite his immense skill and ability to lead.

Yon'Idegi, as a battlefield combatant, is among the most skilled, equal to if not greater than D'Rhen. His aptitude in his modified battlesuit is unparalleled, and he acts as though he possesses a sixth sense. Regardless, he seems to be more willing to throw himself in front of a lascannon than to allow even a few bolter rounds near his master.

Warden Du'eio'Auxa'ilvo'Vior'los (Strong Pride)

Warden Du'eio'Auxa'ilvos is a relatively new member to the group, and while possessing incredible skill, he lives up to his name. While in battle he acts without fault, many times during my stay with the cadre did I catch him questioning his commander, arguing and even once challenged D'Rhen for his position of command. I can not say whether this will or has affected their ability as a team negatively or positively, but trouble must eventually come of it.

Du'eio received his name, as I am told, from a previous commander early in his career. While excelling in both strategy and combat, he often demanded trials as soon as he qualified for them, and despite counsel to show wisdom and calm, rushed forward through the ranks as quickly as possible. As such, his status and rank now are years before most would even be considered for 'Vre, despite his holding the title for nearly 2 Cyr.

A more detailed view of the mated thrusters.

A closer view of Sentinel D'Rhens' modified plasma mount and additional chem bays.

END OF REPORT PAGE TWO.

PS: I definitely feel like I had more time and effort spent on these than my firewarriors. Finally got the dry brushing and weathering done on them. These two units were the most completed, so it may be a few days before I add any more pictures. Should have the next update tomorrow which will go into the fluff more, hopefully more pictures next week.

C&C are MOST welcome! Thanks for reading!!!!

J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Jul 09 2015 12:39

I have finished basing and posing up my riptide, modeling is 90% done and basecoated, just need to finish the custom weapon and a few more bits. Unfortunately it was too dark to get any pics. Will update tomorrow.

PS(it is will be a "count as" Y'vahra battlesuit) as my Enclave substitute. Pics in the morning!

Return to “Project Logs”