Kir'da'aloh Task Force - Sev'n Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Sev'N
Shas

Kir'da'aloh Task Force - Sev'n Project Log

Post#1 » Jun 09 2015 05:46

Hello all!

Since this board has long been a source of inspiration and instruction when it comes to modeling, painting and loremaking I thought I would chip in with what I've been working on for the past few years. :D Feedback of any kind is greatly appreciated!

Helmed by the capable Shas'O Ta'el, Kir'da'aloh Unified Task Force is the brainchild of the late great ethereal Aun'Vos. It was designed as a response to the varied and often random nature of Chaos incursions into Empire space. Aun'Vos himself was lost during the evacuation of Kir'da'aloh's underground ops base on craggy, barren Grais IV after a great ork Waaagh was unleashed on the planet by the sorcerer Kolerus La'el (all determined from a very epic apocalypse game).

To the models!

Shas'O Ta'el (Farsight counts-as)

(Bio pending)

Arms, head and torso all magnetized so that he has a bit of articulation.

More to come!
Pursue success with serenity
And service to the Tau'va

Sev'N
Shas

Re: Kir'da'aloh Task Force - Sev'n Project Log

Post#2 » Jun 10 2015 04:19

Hello again!

Here are a few of the firewarrior schemes I've been coming up with. I have at least 70 Shas'la, 10 Shas'ui and one more Fireblade to paint so I'm thinking I'll probably paint them according to which cadre (formation) they belong to. I love the idea of mech infantry so I have two Counterstrike cadres in the works. Hopefully the new dex will have some more interesting ways to field my favorite infantry unit.

As always, comments and critiques by you fine folks are welcome and appreciated! :biggrin:

This saucy Shas'ui has earned the name Ar'ka, The Highstrike, Slayer of Nobs after doing battle with a small ork force and besting a nob in close combat over 4 rounds, eventually kicking the brute from a 2nd story window to his death. His la'rua affectionately refer to him as Hoofkick.

Co'da
Shas

Post#3 » Jun 10 2015 07:18

Saw this over on the other site, they're looking really good!

The blade looks perfect, it's mounted great. The fire warriors look really good in that terrain, it really, instantly gives the sense of a mission in progress.

It's a simple thing but turning the handheld sensor - that's brilliant. I've never liked the scanners Tau have, and if I hadn't just glued one on, I would have done something like that.

Schism20
Shas

Post#4 » Jun 11 2015 06:37

I really like the look of those Firewarriors. Any chance of some closer pictures to show off the colour schemes?

Sev'N
Shas

Post#5 » Jun 11 2015 02:31

Thanks to both of you! Much appreciated.

I'm with ya there Co'da, they do seem a little unwieldy. Then again they are also carrying around a rifle longer than they are tall so unwieldy might be the name of the game.

The terrain is part of a gaming table project I've been working on with my gaming group/thinktank. That piece is mainly plaster cast using the excellent molds from Bruce Hirst, of www.hirstarts.com. I highly highly recommend his products if you're looking to scratch build interesting terrain!

Unfortunately I have quite a busy week with work and remodeling a house but I will try to get some better photos of the firewarriors up soon, along with the few other models I have painted.

Tau'va!

Myrdin
Shas

Post#6 » Jun 11 2015 02:47

Honestly, I find that blueish/yellow (?) very to my liking, especially the way the weapon is highlighted at the end and the color grows darker and darker as it follows down to the arm. I like that very much. Good job ! Plus I love blue color schemes (hence my own) so Good job ! :)

Co'da
Shas

Post#7 » Jun 11 2015 04:13

Sev'N wrote:I'm with ya there Co'da, they do seem a little unwieldy. Then again they are also carrying around a rifle longer than they are tall so unwieldy might be the name of the game.

There's a picture in the first codex, in the painting section, of a Fire Warrior holding the scanner up to his face, and, the photo is shot from the side. It's always looked so ridiculously like a giant space cigar to me, I've just never been able to like the look of them.

Sev'N
Shas

Post#8 » Jun 12 2015 03:08

Hello again!

Next up we have one of my Cadre Fireblades, with a custom bullpup pulse rifle and double shoulder plates.

Here are some closer shots of the firewarriors. They're still very much WIP at this point.

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jun 13 2015 12:27

Very nice looking models! I really like the blue, highlights are great.

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jun 13 2015 12:27

Very nice looking models! I really like the blue, highlights are great.

Schism20
Shas

Post#11 » Jun 16 2015 03:00

Loving the Fireblade conversion, the two shoulder pads is a really good look and actually makes him look rather imposing. I really like the paint scheme too, never seen anything like it on Tau but it really works.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#12 » Jun 19 2015 11:21

Good to see some brush painted figures - enjoying your theme ideas! :)

Sev'N
Shas

Post#13 » Aug 27 2015 03:11

Hello again!

I'm back at it once again after taking a month or two off. Life sure gets in the way sometimes!

First things first:

Sunspear - Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

Schism20 - I had hoped he would look like the grizzled, battle-cranky leader of fishes I always pictured a fireblade being. He might have a flair for the dramatic as well...

Tael- Awesome! Always means a lot coming from the master.

And now for my newest neverending WIP:

Name: Shas'O Au'taal Ka'sha'is Oni; Commander Blackwind, The Triumph of Grais

Commander Blackwind proved his dedication, competence and tactical prowess behind enemy lines during the Fall of Grais. In spite of significant damage to his XV-25 suit's targeting systems Shas'Vre Oni led his elite stealth team in several successful hit&run missions against the green tide, buying precious time for Kir'da'aloh air and earth caste to evacuate personnel and equipment and earning himself the name Blackwind.

Fleet Commander Shas'O Ta'el was quick to recognize the young Au'taal as an easy candidate for the experimental XV-22 stealth suit and slapped him with a command title. Ka'sha'is, now maimed and still grieving from the loss of his idol and mentor Aun'Vos, gladly accepted and continues to prove his ability as the cadre continues on.

As always, thank you for looking and please feel free to share any thoughts or feedback!

-Sev

Siyath
Shas

Post#14 » Aug 28 2015 05:24

Just stopping by to compliment the Firewarrior with whiteish bone / blended ice blue -colour scheme. Like it a lot. Would probably go army-wide as well. Unit-wide most definitely.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#15 » Sep 02 2015 01:47

Love what you've done with Blackwind so far. I'm curious to see what it looks like completed. Would be awesome with a banner too, something unique aside from the helmet/head to differentiate from Shadowsun.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Return to “Project Logs”