[Project Log] Issendrors Taros Campaign

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
modelglue
Kor'El

Re: [Project Log] Issendrors Taros Campaign

Post#11 » Jun 23 2015 05:44

This is looking great! Maybe I missed it, but what sand are you using? It looks very similar to pulverized limestone I used on a similar project.

Co'da
Shas

Post#12 » Jun 23 2015 09:24

That texturing's stunning!!! If you stopped right now you'd have an amazing board, but I can't wait to see the whole project finished.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#13 » Jun 23 2015 08:52

Top class work, naturally have to ask.. what size brush are you using for the drybrushing? Or have I missed that commentary?

- Tael.

Issendror
Shas

Post#14 » Jun 24 2015 09:35

It seems I skipped exactly the intermediate steps, you're all interestet in. :fear:
I'll make this up with a list of all used materials and tools in the next post.

Issendror
Shas

Post#15 » Jul 01 2015 10:07

First of all, I want to express my gratitude for the promotion to a full rank warrior of the ATT commumity. :D

Second,
Materials:

Cork sheets (3-5mm / 0.12-0.2 in)
medium-density woodfiberboard (6mm / 0.024 in) - There are thinner, lighter ones but tend to bend
polystyrene wall panels (3-5mm / 0.12-0.2 in) - It´s insulation material you can find in nearly every
DIY store. In Europe and Germany you can get Depron-Sheets in various strengths or BASF-Styrodur-Panels.
polystyrene glue - For the larger surfaces (see "glue" above).
white glue/wood glue - (see "glue" above)
Sandpaper - (Grit size 150 and above / for Germans: 120) - Used to smoothen the edges of both,
mdf-boards and polystyrene panels.
Medium sand - (grain size 0,25-0,5mm / 0.010-0.020 in) I used fire-dried, quartz sand. Mostly
traceable in pet shops because it's appropriate for use in aquariums. Don't use sandbox appropriate sand - it's to
heterogeneous, dusty and polluted.
Box-Cutter - Cut, Chop, Cut ... for the bloo... the greater good.
high-strength fabric-tape - For edge-protection. (For Germans: Panzerband und Tesa-Produkte sehr
zu empfehlen)
Palette - To mix colours, white glue and water.
Brushes - 14mm / 0.55 in - Used to apply the colour-white-glue-mix onto the allready sanded boards.
and to paint the scenery pieces. 70mm / 2.76 in - Used to apply thinned white-glue and to drybrush all terrain and scenery
pieces.
Colour - Provided by my local DIY store - custom mix.

To round it up, some impressions on the terrain so far:

More hobbytime today and tomorrow ... ;)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#16 » Jul 02 2015 04:47

Great rundown on supplies and application - the final shot of shas'la on the table just icing on the cake! :)

Enjoying this thread immensely.

Issendror
Shas

Post#17 » Jul 05 2015 08:53

-------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------- Update: July 05 ----------------------

Progress:

I managed to sand and paint up one third of the board yesterday evening - sorry for the poor
ligthing (modular terrain already in action + Shas'la and bare Devilfish for comparison reasons)

@Thanks Tael - I'll try to keep it up.
Your comment made me realise that I had yet to picture the progress of my cadre to this point.

Cadre progress:

So for the Greater Good and ATT, my Taros Campaign Cadre.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#18 » Jul 05 2015 09:31

Absolutely wonderful.

I really like the suit wayyyy back to the top right. Always nice to see them bulked out and sport aftermarket goodies.

Issendror
Shas

Post#19 » Jul 12 2015 04:58

modelglue wrote:Absolutely wonderful.

I really like the suit wayyyy back to the top right. Always nice to see them bulked out and sport aftermarket goodies.

@Modelglue
I'm pleased you like it, but I fail to see where you spotted aftermarket goddies except from some
minor Forgeworld conversions. I'll provide some more detailed shots of the model in question.

---------------------- Update: July 12 ----------------------

Progress:

The weekend was quite eventful, but I managed to finish the basic board tiles, the first batch of
terrain and some neutral desert decorations. I hope it's pleasant to your eyes. :)

Milestone 5 will be Tau models again, while waiting for some new materials to work on.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#20 » Jul 12 2015 06:16

That looks incredible. Very inspiring. I just want to get a board made now after seeing this.
Issendror wrote:@Modelglue
I'm pleased you like it, but I fail to see where you spotted aftermarket goddies except from some
minor Forgeworld conversions. I'll provide some more detailed shots of the model in question.

I think what I meant to say was, I like seeing those models converted and/or decked out with aftermarket items. I'm sorry I implied I thought you used something other than Tau bitz. :) Great job with that suit, one of my favourites to date, Issendror.

Return to “Project Logs”