Akul Contingent

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: Akul Contingent

Post#61 » Mar 05 2017 02:55

Really effective cammo work, had to look twice to figure out what was going on! :D

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#62 » Mar 31 2017 01:10

I've actually had a few people not recognize it as a ghostkeel because the pose is so different from the stock pose, which makes me quite happy.

In other news . . .

Trying to figure out a very different pose for this big guy too. Thinking of him double tapping the helbrute or maybe landing in a big crater like my submitted custom suit like in the competition. Hmmmmm. Either way I need some green stuff / magnets before I go much further.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-16-8

Tael
Fio'O

Post#63 » Mar 31 2017 06:06

He could kick the Hellbrute into next week. Every new angle on this model has me double take again, at just how big of a kit it is.

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#64 » Mar 31 2017 09:56

I'm thinking of cutting a huge whole in the hellbrute, basically a "U" like cut removing the head and up of the hellbrute while the stormsurge is stomping it into the ground and having the stormsurge's gun where its missile pods usually are pointed down at the hellbrute like it just blew it to pieces. This would require quite a bit of time, we'll see if I get the motivation. XD

It'll require me learning how to paint a hellbrute, a fair amount of green stuff, and learning how to paint something as a red-hot wreck.

[edit]: Some stealth suits on the board they were designed from
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-16-8

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#65 » Apr 06 2017 12:45

You have some of the most effective looking cloaking effects I have seen painted on models. The bright transition really sets it apart.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#66 » Apr 08 2017 08:06

Indeed, that really is effective variation on the painting idea :biggrin:

Return to “Project Logs”