Akul Contingent

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: Akul Contingent

Post#31 » Jul 30 2016 06:57

Not easily noticed, but I like the "Wings of Achillies" on his legs, nice touch :D

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#32 » Aug 17 2016 10:41

Here's my final 2000k point escalation league army that I 4-0d with. Almost everything has the majority of it painted although a lot of it still needs highlighted. Hunter Cadre with Command and Optimized Stealth Cadre and almost completely WYSIWYG.

Here's my deployment in the last game.

Some cool photos I took in recent games.

----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-16-8

abraxus
Shas

Post#33 » Aug 18 2016 06:46

materpillar wrote:3 - Imperial Guard - Tactical Loss - Minimal Casualties
Note: My favorite game of warhammer. Enemy brought over 100 infantry models to a 1000 point game (no tanks at all), almost all completely un-upgraded. The following video is what I think about every time I think about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ3bzg-Tvt4

and that, my friends, is how the Imperium wages war.

"You don't have a gun!? That's okay!! Just pick up the one of the dead guy in front of you, the emperor will protect!!"
"um, but um, sir... didn't you tell all the guys with the guns that the emperor would protect them as well?"
"Of course! the Emperor protects us all!"
"then, um, sir.... why is there a dead guy in front of me with a gun?"

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#34 » Aug 18 2016 07:41

materpillar wrote:-> My tau are super dark skinned, because I think of Akul as getting extremely minimal amounts of sunlight. Then on top of that the Akul Contingent spends a vast majority of their time on space ships, which is even less light. Hence, extremely dark skinned. Although, upon writing that I realize that such limited amount of light should make them more pale... hmmmm. Guess I need to think of a new explanation.

Cosmic radiation?

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#35 » Aug 18 2016 08:27

abraxus wrote:
materpillar wrote:3 - Imperial Guard - Tactical Loss - Minimal Casualties
Note: My favorite game of warhammer. Enemy brought over 100 infantry models to a 1000 point game (no tanks at all), almost all completely un-upgraded. The following video is what I think about every time I think about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ3bzg-Tvt4

and that, my friends, is how the Imperium wages war.

"You don't have a gun!? That's okay!! Just pick up the one of the dead guy in front of you, the emperor will protect!!"
"um, but um, sir... didn't you tell all the guys with the guns that the emperor would protect them as well?"
"Of course! the Emperor protects us all!"
"then, um, sir.... why is there a dead guy in front of me with a gun?"

There aren't many horde armies in the area I play it which is truly kind of unfortunate. I really miss playing against infinity swarms instead of lots of power armor and tanks.

Falsegods wrote:
materpillar wrote:-> My tau are super dark skinned, because I think of Akul as getting extremely minimal amounts of sunlight. Then on top of that the Akul Contingent spends a vast majority of their time on space ships, which is even less light. Hence, extremely dark skinned. Although, upon writing that I realize that such limited amount of light should make them more pale... hmmmm. Guess I need to think of a new explanation.

Cosmic radiation?

AH! My tau spend a rather large portion of their time traveling around the warp. Obviously that's just started affecting them. Extra points as it also explains why other Tau aren't particularly trusting of them. Thanks! Your comment was what sparked this thought process.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#36 » Aug 18 2016 09:46

materpillar wrote:
Falsegods wrote:

Cosmic radiation?

AH! My tau spend a rather large portion of their time traveling around the warp. Obviously that's just started affecting them. Extra points as it also explains why other Tau aren't particularly trusting of them. Thanks! Your comment was what sparked this thought process.

Fair is fair, your log has given me a lot to think about as well. :smile:

Tael
Fio'O

Post#37 » Aug 24 2016 08:27

Glad battle 3 was point out - I completely glossed over that when reading!

Had a similar game of 10 marine scouts verse a camp of 60 odd Speed Freaks; sneaking about planting charges between Grot sentries then legging it as they went off; needless to say the upset owners gave chase with random dice determining the direction they ran off in or shot at.

Not unlike:
https://youtu.be/ZkGl-d0p_Ns?t=5s

Again, like yourself; a memorable game :)

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#38 » Sep 22 2016 10:50

Haven't posted in a while, most of my time has been going towards the contest model. Finally finished that up and started working on some "vespid", gave them a whirl in a game yesterday.

They actually did fairly well. Mulching that Death Company Squad. They would have wrecked a second squad but they got assaulted by terminators with lightning claws. That wasn't super pretty, but I was happy with how they played. They'd be great in cities of death.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#39 » Sep 22 2016 02:33

Nice Vespid conversion. I should post my own soon but I'm super lazy when it comes to painting at the moment. >_>

Tael
Fio'O

Post#40 » Sep 23 2016 09:49

Always good to read when a converted unit performs well, even if a "Counts As" just adds to the worthwhile completion of the idea :)

Return to “Project Logs”