Akul Contingent

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Akul Contingent

Post#51 » Oct 28 2016 03:08

Husky707 wrote:Nice dynamic pose for your battlesuit you entered into the competition. Was there ever an announcement for the winners and a display of all the entries and their rules, or did I miss that?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24966

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#52 » Nov 10 2016 03:04

Messing around with some extra bits I had on hand. Figured I'd make myself a counts as fireblade, as it's one of the few models I don't own still. Just got him and my death jester counts as primed today too. Those and my piranhas are on my painting to-do list.

Here's some photos from my latest game too. It's very nice to own over 2k of painted models. Really makes games much more cinematic and enjoyable for me.

----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-16-8

Tael
Fio'O

Post#53 » Nov 10 2016 07:28

Liking the new fireblade :)

THe photos from ingame are great - completely agree on your sentiment about finished models and gaming scenery - really adds to the effect.

Thanks for the update, enjoyed catching up!

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#54 » Nov 18 2016 11:24

Finished painting up my fireblade and death jester. I also almost finished my DS8 turrets, while also starting the basing process on a ton of firewarriors, my vespid, and a couple of sniper drone marksmen. I also finished basing my last two razorshark/sunshark bases.

Sorry for the super dark photos, was rushing so that I could run off to the store to get in a game!

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#55 » Nov 23 2016 05:40

Finished up the second half of my sniper team.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#56 » Nov 23 2016 06:35

Evolving really well, reminds me I need to finish my deployed turret model :D

I like the recipe list too - I have a small moleskin with all my paint schemes listed in it for reference.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#57 » Nov 28 2016 11:46

Coming along really nice masterpillar, keep up the good work. I like the shield on your troops.

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#58 » Feb 12 2017 02:39

Been quite a while since I updated here. I've gotten a ton of progress done on my second batch of firewarriors. Their base is done and they're almost all painted except for shins, weapons and highlights. Piranha's got put farther down on the to do list because I was just getting bored with them. You know what isn't boring though? Named characters and the big suits they pilot!

The other ghostkeel I'd been using I got second-hand. So it was super cheap and pre-magnitized which is nice. However, it was kind of just in the "stock" pose which I found kinda boring. I've been itching to give El'Eoro'D'Yanoi'Seri a ghostkeel with a much more visually striking pose. So I bought another ghostkeel. :D
I'm rather happy with how the pose looks, although I kind of wish I had twisted the torso just a tad bit farther to the left to make it even more dynamic.

It's odd, I looked around a fair bit online to find some other people's ghostkeels for inspiration and there just aren't that many ghostkeels in interesting/different poses.

I'm itching to get a third ghostkeel too, because there is a tournament coming up next month and I know their effectiveness shoots of significantly once you increase their numbers from 2 to 3. Hmmmm...

Demorte wrote:Coming along really nice masterpillar, keep up the good work. I like the shield on your troops.

Thanks! I'm very much a huge fan of doing tons of ice camouflage on stuff now. You can bet that my newest ghostkeel is going to be mostly in stealth mode.

Tael wrote:Evolving really well, reminds me I need to finish my deployed turret model :D

I like the recipe list too - I have a small moleskin with all my paint schemes listed in it for reference.

You'd think after several years I wouldn't really need the list anymore, but it just feels so much safer to have it chilling out there.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#59 » Feb 13 2017 11:57

Nice nice nice :)

You'd think after several years I wouldn't really need the list anymore, but it just feels so much safer to have it chilling out there.

Yeah definitely helps when a couple years since the last finished model in a collection. :)

materpillar
Shas'La

Post#60 » Mar 03 2017 04:36

She's mostly done (tabletop qualitty). Still need to get magnets, assemble, paint weapon choices. Also needs highlighting. But I'm going to move onto other projects in the meantime.

Got my extra Sunshark and Razorshark in paint remover at the moment. Currently working on finishing up 14 firewarriors.

Return to “Project Logs”