Ironsky's desert operations Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: Ironsky's desert operations Cadre

Post#51 » Oct 12 2016 01:07

:P Man!, naot only the camouflage of the Cadre, also my jungle Trees are red!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#52 » Oct 12 2016 02:25

Ah well, great minds. Also my constant copying of your stuff. :P Definitely hadn't noticed that. This is getting slightly creepy now...

I hadn't painted any trees for ages (as can be seen from the outdated tree I used. It was surprisingly fun, experimenting with different reds and shades, and just making things up as I went along.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#53 » Oct 14 2016 12:35

Solid update and more photos of a personal favourite entry to the Challenge. Your efforts are putting me to shame, I really need to get onto my Tau projects asap! :D

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#54 » Oct 14 2016 12:40

Tael wrote: I really need to get onto my Tau projects asap! :D

You really do, I'm on tenterhooks to see the end result of your Tau Prosthetics project, if you don't finish it, I can't copy it :P

Thanks Teal any modelling praise means a lot coming from you!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#55 » Oct 15 2016 12:08

My New Shield Line arrived today courtesy of Czar Ziggy

I will fully magnetise to allow for as much flexibility as possible, and am now waiting on a largish shipment of magnets. So far I have removed mould-lines and drilled out recesses for magnetisation.

I will probably paint the Shield Line Vallejo Model Colour Cavalry Brown (the same red I use for my Pathfinders), but I am open to suggestions...

Thanks Again to Czar Ziggy, the organisers and judges of the 2016 R&D challenge and everyone who voted for my entry!

Ironsky

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#56 » Oct 15 2016 01:31

Congratulations! Maybe a contrastant color?

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#57 » Oct 15 2016 02:33

To you too! I thought the shiny blue shield should contrast nicely with the muted red, and I will probably paint the internal walls and floors Fio'tak beige. What would you suggest?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#58 » Oct 16 2016 05:03

Wow - I had not seen underneath this kit before; looking forward to this project :D

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#59 » Oct 16 2016 08:48

Ironsky wrote:My New Shield Line arrived today courtesy of Czar Ziggy

No worries. Looking forwards to seeing this project on your log! Take many pictures! :D

Czar Ziggy

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#60 » Oct 17 2016 06:57

Ironsky wrote:To you too! I thought the shiny blue shield should contrast nicely with the muted red, and I will probably paint the internal walls and floors Fio'tak beige. What would you suggest?

Oh! Thanks :P
red should look greath! Tau builds shuold be white or camouflaged to me, but this is more like a vehicle!, hope to see more pictures of your work soon!

Return to “Project Logs”