Ironsky's desert operations Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: Ironsky's desert operations Cadre

Post#51 » Oct 12 2016 01:07

:P Man!, naot only the camouflage of the Cadre, also my jungle Trees are red!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#52 » Oct 12 2016 02:25

Ah well, great minds. Also my constant copying of your stuff. :P Definitely hadn't noticed that. This is getting slightly creepy now...

I hadn't painted any trees for ages (as can be seen from the outdated tree I used. It was surprisingly fun, experimenting with different reds and shades, and just making things up as I went along.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#53 » Oct 14 2016 12:35

Solid update and more photos of a personal favourite entry to the Challenge. Your efforts are putting me to shame, I really need to get onto my Tau projects asap! :D

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#54 » Oct 14 2016 12:40

Tael wrote: I really need to get onto my Tau projects asap! :D

You really do, I'm on tenterhooks to see the end result of your Tau Prosthetics project, if you don't finish it, I can't copy it :P

Thanks Teal any modelling praise means a lot coming from you!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#55 » Oct 15 2016 12:08

My New Shield Line arrived today courtesy of Czar Ziggy

I will fully magnetise to allow for as much flexibility as possible, and am now waiting on a largish shipment of magnets. So far I have removed mould-lines and drilled out recesses for magnetisation.

I will probably paint the Shield Line Vallejo Model Colour Cavalry Brown (the same red I use for my Pathfinders), but I am open to suggestions...

Thanks Again to Czar Ziggy, the organisers and judges of the 2016 R&D challenge and everyone who voted for my entry!

Ironsky

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#56 » Oct 15 2016 01:31

Congratulations! Maybe a contrastant color?

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#57 » Oct 15 2016 02:33

To you too! I thought the shiny blue shield should contrast nicely with the muted red, and I will probably paint the internal walls and floors Fio'tak beige. What would you suggest?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#58 » Oct 16 2016 05:03

Wow - I had not seen underneath this kit before; looking forward to this project :D

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#59 » Oct 16 2016 08:48

Ironsky wrote:My New Shield Line arrived today courtesy of Czar Ziggy

No worries. Looking forwards to seeing this project on your log! Take many pictures! :D

Czar Ziggy

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#60 » Oct 17 2016 06:57

Ironsky wrote:To you too! I thought the shiny blue shield should contrast nicely with the muted red, and I will probably paint the internal walls and floors Fio'tak beige. What would you suggest?

Oh! Thanks :P
red should look greath! Tau builds shuold be white or camouflaged to me, but this is more like a vehicle!, hope to see more pictures of your work soon!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#61 » Oct 17 2016 02:53

Tael wrote:Wow - I had not seen underneath this kit before; looking forward to this project :D
- In which case I will furnish you with a quick picture of the underside of the Control Platform:

It's essentially a large Drone (and yes I accidentally drilled too far with my first magnet recess)

Czar Ziggy wrote: Take many pictures! :D

Czar Ziggy
- I will do my best!

El ZorDacK wrote:Tau builds shuold be white or camouflaged to me, but this is more like a vehicle!, hope to see more pictures of your work soon!
- Completely agree. It's a tricky one. I will probably do a tester section to gauge colour schemes before wholly committing to anything.

Ironsky

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#62 » Oct 20 2016 10:20

My prize for Kalten just arrived yesterday. I'm excited seeing what people are doing with their new toys now that prizes have started to arrive. Even though I don't use it as a fortification, I just love the Tidewall for being a wonderful piece of Tau terrain. We have comparatively little compared to the imperials in terms of terrain. It spruces up game boards nicely.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#63 » Oct 25 2016 02:38

Agentarrow wrote:Even though I don't use it as a fortification, I just love the Tidewall for being a wonderful piece of Tau terrain.
It is a nice piece of plastic... I can envision it working well as the upper dome of the towers featured in the 3rd edition Codex.

Some more quick working shots. Magnetisation is well underway:

After initial experimentation I decided the walls of the control panel were looking a little too saggy, so have drilled out the join of the interior of each wall section, which seems to work much better (see above)

-Ironsky

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#64 » Nov 14 2016 02:58

Well what with one thing and another (broken camera and the mysterious disappearance of the orbital), it has been slightly longer than I intended between updates. Having managed to borrow a camera I have more WIP shots of the Shield line:
Now fully magnetised

...and a preliminary test panel

Thoughts on the red? C&C welcomed and encouraged

Ironsky

Ironsky
Shas'La

Re: Ironsky's desert operations Cadre: Shieldline

Post#65 » Dec 08 2016 02:55

A quick update on (very limited) progress so far. I have finally finished getting the main colours done.
Next up an umber wash for the recesses, and painting all the yellow parts Vallejo Game Colour: Bone White

-Ironsky

Tael
Fio'O

Post#66 » Dec 08 2016 04:06

Looking good sir. I like the bold choices and having the darker colour the armoured sections - adds weight and a sense of strength.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#67 » Dec 23 2016 12:17

Thanks Tael! Yes weight and strength were what I was going for... :fear:

I have now toned down the yellow, and added shade to the recesses.
Next up highlights, then weathering and details!

-Ironsky
Last edited by Ironsky on Jan 13 2017 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#68 » Dec 24 2016 05:58

Nice move on the yellow, you can keep on griming lighter colours too - looking good man :)

Return to “Project Logs”