The Tau Kor'vesa Initiative (Tau Drone Themed Army)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
guges
Shas

Re: The Tau Kor'vesa Initiative (Tau Drone Themed Army)

Post#71 » Jun 06 2016 07:30

Proiteus wrote:HEAVY HITTER!

Keep going with this paint scheme. You're killing it in terms of execution and the scheme itself works well. The blue and white are very striking with just enough orange to offset things and keep them interesting.

Most of the fluff I've read in the Tau books shows a lot of stealth models painted in the normal color scheme of the army anyway. Drones seem to always match the unit they're with. Ghostkeels and other stealth units are often seen in the same colors as the armies they're from.

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#72 » Jun 15 2016 12:55

ALL STEALTH DRONES NETWORKED & OPTIMISED
DX18 Stealth Striker ready for deployment aka my Ghostkeel. This was by far the most difficult one to paint so far; 1st because of it's shape as I had to re-highlight certain areas where I was holding it and 2nd I wasn't sure how to paint it.

In the end I went with the standard scheme which turned out well. My favourite part of this build is the Stealth Field Drones!

Now all I need to do is get the 3 Broadsides painted in a week ready for a tournament (plus assemble 15 more marker drones). :::(

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#73 » Jun 15 2016 01:30

I'm a bit sad you didn't go for a stealth effect on that one since now it looks pretty similar to the Tank-Drone of yours. Still looks awesome though!

guges
Shas

Post#74 » Jun 15 2016 04:07

Gorgeous paint job. Reminds me of that 90's video game... Descent I think it was called.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#75 » Jun 20 2016 05:14

Man, the heavy hitter are some serious looking machines. Great stuff of late.

Also, is it me or does the Command Drone have a classic Anime contemplative smiley face? Like a wisened hero:

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#76 » Jun 20 2016 06:59

Tael wrote:Also, is it me or does the Command Drone have a classic Anime contemplative smiley face? Like a wisened hero

and thus my Command Drone earned the name 'Zenyatta' :P

Tael
Fio'O

Post#77 » Jun 20 2016 05:14

A worthy name haha. Top stuff :D

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#78 » Jun 29 2016 08:56

Proiteus, I cannot begin to cover how impressed I am with your army. The idea and execution are both phenomenal. I'm looking forward to the direction you take this project. I looked through the evolution from the Mk1 drone to the current army and while the early concepts are nice, the final product is a far greater model.

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#79 » Jul 04 2016 03:25

MISSILES ALWAYS MORE MISSILES!!!
Well with this my 1500pt army is complete and ready for expansion! The MV808 Missile Support Drones are certainly my favourite in the whole army, just hope I can find and purchase riptide Shields to build more? :?

Next up: Converted Remora Drone Fighters and the Kor'vesa Initiative's field Commander Shas'o'vesa Kor'shara Drone Dancer! :evil:

minamoto
Shas

Post#80 » Jul 06 2016 08:08

this thread is so full of win!

Thanks for all the inspirational work, if I had the patience to convert some of these I would copy some :roll: Also a Great use of all those different parts.
Your Stealth-Drones and Broadsides are my favorite!

Only one word of critic: I would have removed the notches, for attaching to the riptide torso, on the broadside "wheels" ;)

Also a great Comic-Style paint scheme - i do really adore it.

Keep it up :) :fear:

Return to “Project Logs”