The Tau Kor'vesa Initiative (Tau Drone Themed Army)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Re: The Tau Kor'vesa Initiative (Tau Drone Themed Army)

Post#81 » Jul 06 2016 02:59

DRONE FIGHTERS INBOUND!
After completing my army on Monday I decided to jump into the first expansion which is a pair of Remora Drone Fighters. I used the conversion used by Blue Table Painting, with some tweaks and am looking forward to using them.

Next up is my Commander and then I can start painting as I prefer to airbrush models in batches.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#82 » Jul 06 2016 06:00

That's a really neat conversion, a simple and elegant way to build a Remora from scratch with just the Sky Ray turret. Are you going to further refine the greenstuff joint above the lens? I feel like that might look a tad awkward once painted.

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#83 » Jul 08 2016 01:49

SHAS'O BOR'KAN ALA'URUN STORMSTRIKE
Originally my Battlesuit army was going to made up of Commando suits inspired by the Dark Crusade Commander, however they were far too small to be used in game so the conversion was put into storage. Until now....

Now it has been tweaked and rearmed to represent one kick-butt proxy of Commander Shadowsun. :evil:

Next up 2nd in command; Zan'tos Gue'vesa'el Kor'shara Dronedancer. :)

I agree with your sentiment, but please remember family friendly language ;)
>>--AA-->

Blackskull
Shas

Post#84 » Jul 12 2016 10:46

Wow! No words. It's really really awesome! Maybe you can do tutorials how to do them? Atleast for crisis drones.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#85 » Jul 12 2016 11:50

Love that commander. What bits did you use for the weapons? I could use something like that for my Vespid conversions. :D

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#86 » Jul 15 2016 06:28

DRONEDANCER PREPARES TO TAKE TO THE FIELD!
Well here she is field commander of the Kor'vesa Initiative; Commander Kor'shara Dronedancer!
Decided to go for the disc and arrays on the back to give the idea that she was controlling the drones around her, hence her poetic tau title. Also made it so I can arm her with R'alai's main gun and use his rules. She could also probably easily proxy Farsight.

So what do you think to the field commander of the Tau's Drone Initiative? :D

Redback
Por

Post#87 » Jul 17 2016 05:51

That looks absolutely great! I was worried that it would not look 'drone' enough, but that data array at the back, I think really ties it together

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#88 » Jul 25 2016 12:25

ARMIES ON PARADE: ATTACK OF THE DRONES BRAINSTORMING!
I plan to enter the Kor'vesa Initiative into Armies On Parade this year and would like some ideas and feedback?
Obviously it will be on a frozen ice world with all the flight stands built into the board allowing for it to look a once piece rather than an army on top of a display board. These resin crystals will be a big part of the board; https://www.darksphere.co.uk/images/56100.jpg

However there are certain aspects of the board that I'm unsure about and would like some feedback on?

Which location would be better for my army to be flying over; From the Ocean/lake or moving down or across a frozen river? Due to the limited length of the magnetic bases I use I won't be able to do anything such as having them flying through a frozen mountain range.

Signs of previous life!
I did think about having a Imperial Guard lookout on the board with them reacting to the incoming Tau, but decided against as I reckon the visual reaction should be by the person viewing it. So I have two other ideas, they won't work if both done.
A crashed Ork flyer submerged in the frozen water with it's 3 crew frozen dead throughout the board, this would give the feeling of a lifeless world.
Or use a Manufactorum and Armoured Containers to create a small mining building that was harvesting the ice crystals, maybe have the building caved in and smoking as if recently attacked with maybe a few dead Skitarii.

Well what do you think works best for a scene for the drone army? Feel free to suggest other ideas. :smile:

Tael
Fio'O

Post#89 » Jul 26 2016 03:38

Superb work - the Commander is quite the peice; given his minions he has a tough crowd to stand out from.

Im tempted by the derelict Imperial ice harvesting station idea. Raided and overrun by the Tau in the prelude to a campaign. :)

Redback
Por

Post#90 » Jul 26 2016 04:17

I think something submerged in the frozen ice would look great. I don't think Orks would suit it, I would be tempted by Imperial Guard (Valhallans) Valkyrie or even one of those Space Wolf Flyers. I imagine your force has been sent to somewhere near inhospitable. That way you can portray that through what they find

Return to “Project Logs”