The Tau Kor'vesa Initiative (Tau Drone Themed Army)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Re: The Tau Kor'vesa Initiative (Tau Drone Themed Army)

Post#91 » Aug 05 2016 11:31

COMMANDER KOR'SHARA DRONEDANCER TAKES TO THE FIELD!
Here is the field Commander of the Kor'vesa Iniatitive; Kor'shara Dronedancer! :)
I wanted to go with a suit that looked just as impressive as the Drones, plus gave the impression it was controlling the Drone Cadre around it, so I created the command array on it's back.

I also have the option to arm her suit with the Pulse Submunition Rifle and use FW R'alai's rules instead. I played with them for the first time last night and her 3+ Inv survived two rounds of grav weapons from 3 Centurions! :D

Just a shame I still have to spend points on a Commander if I wish to field a Retaliation Cadre! :sad:

Tael
Fio'O

Post#92 » Aug 05 2016 06:02

Top class job and I like the weapon swap out - have to ask because for once I cant place it. The shoulder missiles, where are those parts from?

Thanks!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#93 » Aug 05 2016 06:21

Tael wrote:have to ask because for once I cant place it. The shoulder missiles, where are those parts from?

They are the weapon system from the Riptide's Shielded Missile Drone. Rather ingenious use of them too, the fins mesh well with the model aesthetic.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#94 » Aug 06 2016 03:49

Tell me about it - they really work - for some reason the WiP images did not load beforehand so I couldnt tell if they were Forgeworld or "stock".

Thanks AA :)

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#95 » Sep 21 2016 12:36

STAY FROSTY!
Well here's the completed test board for my armies on parade entry. What I've learned it that the ice needs to be less deep on the main board to avoid such huge cracks as the washes doesn't work so well on them.

& Now it time to start work on the main board. :biggrin:

As always feedback is welcome?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#96 » Sep 21 2016 12:57

Imo the huge cracks in the ice are fine if you go for a shattered frozen sea look. The snow on it doesn't look right somehow though i think.

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#97 » Sep 21 2016 05:48

Panzer wrote:Imo the huge cracks in the ice are fine if you go for a shattered frozen sea look. The snow on it doesn't look right somehow though i think.

I know there won't be any snow on the ice on the actual board, and if there is it will be more smooth and partly slushy.

Proiteus
Shas'Ui

Post#98 » Oct 15 2016 01:03

ARMIES ON PARADE!
Well this has been a rough week; first I found out that I had ordered the wrong bases so had to wait till tuesday for replacements and before I could start adding on the water effects, then on thursday morning I found out that 2 and half large pots of crackling paint wasn't enough so I had to use my remaining water effects to fill the gaps. Then I woke Friday morning to find the ice hadn't cracked so I had to use my airbrush instead of drybrushing the surface white, which actually came out much better.

It's not 100% complete as I want to add a unit of pathfinders under the bridge or by the doors, Remoras flying over the mountain and a squadron of gun drones up front. But for now I was happy with the display and it got a lot of attention today, sadly not enough to win it gold though. :sad:
Oh well there is always next year plus the chance to be featured in White Dwarf. :smile:

I'll be taking some high quality photos with a Macro lens later this week and posting the full photo of the Spikey Bits site, but here are some images I took today...

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#99 » Oct 15 2016 02:44

...Wow... That board is (and of course the models on it are) stunning. I really love what you've done with the derailed freight containers. Is there a hint of genestealer cults lurking in that tunnel? Hard luck on not taking gold there must have been some insanely competitive competition!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#100 » Oct 15 2016 03:09

I saw this on Facebook, and I am still stunned by the quality shown here. Excellent work.

Return to “Project Logs”