Longfist's Cadre Painting log. (updated w/ Longstrike)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Longfist14
Shas'Saal

Re: Longfist's Cadre Painting log. (updated w/ Longstrike)

Post#37 » Dec 18 2017 11:59

Ever since he one-shotted my buddies demon prince I've had a soft spot for Longstrike. I figured he would be a good to finally finish off.

I figured i would knock out a skyray turret as well on the off chance that its good when the codex drops.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#38 » Dec 21 2017 03:26

Great updates - really liking your unique highlighting style - its not as random as it initially seems, there's a great method to its placement. :)

The head swap on the Ghostkeel caught my eye - really makes it an advance XV8 theme over the larger head which tends to lessen the scale in the original kit (being so bulbous).

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#39 » Dec 21 2017 06:42

Amazing models! The paint scheme is incredibly eye-catching as well :D

Just as a curiosity, your painting style made me remember another Tau suit I saw on the internet.
After some digging, I found it again: https://imgur.com/a/Jdr1t. Is this the source of your inspiration? If so, you did some paintjobs that are even better than that one!

Keep it up! I'd love to see some more :)

Longfist14
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Dec 21 2017 10:17

Tael wrote:Great updates - really liking your unique highlighting style - its not as random as it initially seems, there's a great method to its placement. :)

The head swap on the Ghostkeel caught my eye - really makes it an advance XV8 theme over the larger head which tends to lessen the scale in the original kit (being so bulbous).

Thanks Tael im glad you like them. I'm not a huge fan of the normal ghostkeel head myself so i wanted to swap it out. Turned out to be relatively simple. Now I'm torn on what to work on next though.

AenarIT wrote:Amazing models! The paint scheme is incredibly eye-catching as well :D

Just as a curiosity, your painting style made me remember another Tau suit I saw on the internet.
After some digging, I found it again: https://imgur.com/a/Jdr1t. Is this the source of your inspiration? If so, you did some paintjobs that are even better than that one!

Keep it up! I'd love to see some more :)

Yup, that model was the basis of my army. I changed it up a bit though because they didn't actually paint very many details and it had a lot of dry brushing on the weapons. I remember someone on Reddit complaining that they could never paint that, and another person explained how its actually an easy color scheme and they should try it. It really made me want to try it, and obviously I stuck with it. I do kinda want to go back and redo some of my first suits I painted though. I like my newer style a bit more.

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#41 » Dec 21 2017 10:30

I would love to see some close ups of Longstrikes turret that thing looks sick!!! (But in a good way)

Longfist14
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Dec 21 2017 11:42

Ifrit wrote:I would love to see some close ups of Longstrikes turret that thing looks sick!!! (But in a good way)

Of course! I just snapped these real quick, hopefully it's what your looking for.

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#43 » Dec 22 2017 05:26

Ifrit wrote:I would love to see some close ups of Longstrikes turret that thing looks sick!!! (But in a good way)

That turret is very nice. The contrast between the black tank and Longstrike's lighter armour works very well too!

Looking forward to more...

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#44 » Dec 22 2017 05:20

What did you use for the part that connects to the HH Ion cannon part? The little bit in the back? (Not the part that hangs on the bottom of a Broadside RR)

Longfist14
Shas'Saal

Post#45 » Dec 22 2017 06:30

I made the back of his generator from a broken xv9 phased ion gun I had laying around. It had been sitting in my bits box for the better part of a year or two so this was the perfect project for it.

Return to “Project Logs”