Ke'lshan Cadre and other works

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Ke'lshan Cadre and other works

Post#37 » Dec 08 2017 09:07

IceFall wrote:The lenses are really well done - is there a tutorial you leveraged? It is something I haven't done in my army yet. Mine are all flat.

Thanks, I appreciate the nice comments :)

I may have followed a tutorial, but I don't remember it, I use intuition, and trial and error!

I did first make the mistake of create a large lighter green circle, but I could see it wasn't right. There are plenty of good guides online, but it's something along the lines of base colour, mix base and tiny amounts of black, and blend them in to a circle toward the top right, then mix base and increasing amounts of yellow, and blend them to create a crescent moon in the bottom left. Finish with a tiny white dot in the top right part of the darkened circle.

... still don't always get them right, but I usual make sure they look their best on camera :)
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

greenman019
Shas

Post#38 » Jan 01 2018 01:10

Great stuff man, really like the lenses as well.

I started with red lenses on my Sa'Cea but think green will work better with the blue. Do you know which paints you used for them?

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#39 » Jan 01 2018 05:34

greenman019 wrote:Great stuff man, really like the lenses as well.

I started with red lenses on my Sa'Cea but think green will work better with the blue. Do you know which paints you used for them?

Thanks again, compliments make posting worth while :-)

The paints I used:-

Castellan Green (base)
Goblin Green / Warboss Green (crescent)
Bad Moon Yellow (highlight)

[Ed. with some blending between colours]
Last edited by n1md4 on Jan 07 2018 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#40 » Jan 04 2018 06:45

A good thing has happened... I am the proud owner of an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. It was purchased 3 weeks ago, but I had been patiently waiting for hose interconnects for the garage compressor tank.

It's because of this I've not made any real progress, literally everything I was in the process of or was going to paint would have benefited with that liquid smooth airbrush base coat. Everything is now setup, and I've spent some quality time getting used to the brush, and have created a DIY little box to spray indoors in, and now have a good number of models beautifully based.

Beavering away on New Years day.

Here is my next batch of WIP models to paint. The eagle eyed among you may notice I've filled the spare antenna slot on each gun drone, and that two of the shield drones have extended antennas made from a regular antenna and multi-tracker.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#41 » Jan 18 2018 06:40

FORTNIGHT PROGRESS REPORT

The drones are very nearly complete; just some more highlighting really, and I'll spend time on a proper shot when they are.

Wouldn't picture without looking washed out, so more post-editing than I would like.

Was going to make Kais, but changed to Dark Strider count as, not happy with it. The pose is odd, but worst, the head is too big. I want to customise it a little more though, before tossing it out.

This is my Cadre Fireblade, I'm pretty happy with this, and with quite a bit of conversion work.

It is based on this art work.

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#42 » Jan 19 2018 12:45

Nice Fireblade! Have you tried Zelot Miniatures? Their heads are a close enough match for Tau, and are slightly smaller, so could work for the older metal pathfinders...

Return to “Project Logs”