A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post#163 » Jul 25 2017 07:29

I wish I could paint such a smooth green. :D

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#164 » Jul 25 2017 08:22

Solid work on the Fire Warriors! Even though you are not used to paint such small models in such quantities I must admit it doesn't look that way. You have achieved really clean, simple yet effective looking scheme for the troops so by all meand don't give this to startle you from painting any more models!

Regarding the local gaming community is really unfortunate. I myself can't comment on that yet as I rarely play the tabletop game (if ever).

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to yet again see some more from your infantry models.

P.S. You Fire Warriors look kinda "naked". Don't get this in a wrong way, but where is all the bad-ass gear and accessories the kit provides? Just asking :D
Cheers!
Nix

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#165 » Jul 25 2017 08:01

nix0n wrote:Solid work on the Fire Warriors! Even though you are not used to paint such small models in such quantities I must admit it doesn't look that way. You have achieved really clean, simple yet effective looking scheme for the troops so by all meand don't give this to startle you from painting any more models!

Regarding the local gaming community is really unfortunate. I myself can't comment on that yet as I rarely play the tabletop game (if ever).

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to yet again see some more from your infantry models.

P.S. You Fire Warriors look kinda "naked". Don't get this in a wrong way, but where is all the bad-ass gear and accessories the kit provides? Just asking :D

Regarding the Xeno-nudity, these guys aren't finished yet :) I'll be adding the tiny details when I finish the main models :) I.E. the pouches, Pulse Pistol, Grenade Pouches etc. Those will be done with Browns too, to break up the greens a bit :D

Panzer wrote:I wish I could paint such a smooth green. :D

Surprisingly, the Nurgling green is a rather thick paint compared to most of the others I have. I fix this by using a wet palette, and by very obviously thinning it down with plain water :) I often do two, and even three coats with it. And lastly, thanks a ton for the subliminal compliment :D
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Post#166 » Jul 25 2017 08:24

Inspiring work. As others have said your work looks exceptionally clean, it is quite pleasing to the eye! Keep it up man. Cannot wait to see more!
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#167 » Jul 26 2017 11:44

Chiming in on the results, folks have beaten me to the exact same commentary re: Smooth Green :D

Great to hear some games are afoot!

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#168 » Jul 28 2017 11:15

Bloodknife92 wrote:
Regarding the Xeno-nudity, these guys aren't finished yet :) I'll be adding the tiny details when I finish the main models :) I.E. the pouches, Pulse Pistol, Grenade Pouches etc. Those will be done with Browns too, to break up the greens a bit :D

Very intresting! Your work process is quite new to me. I mean how you first paint the majority of the model but leave the heads and other accessories out. Do you paint them separately glued to another stick? What is the idea behind such work flow? Or just personal preferance? Why am I constantly asking so many questions? Will thsi ever stop? Who knows...
Anyways, I can't wait to hear you explanation for this :biggrin:
Cheers!
Nix

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#169 » Jul 29 2017 04:56

nix0n wrote:Very intresting! Your work process is quite new to me. I mean how you first paint the majority of the model but leave the heads and other accessories out. Do you paint them separately glued to another stick? What is the idea behind such work flow? Or just personal preferance? Why am I constantly asking so many questions? Will thsi ever stop? Who knows...
Anyways, I can't wait to hear you explanation for this :biggrin:

I actually paint each individual part before gluing them on. The only parts assembled before painting on my Fire Warriors are the little antennae on the helmets and the Shas'ui head. Everything else is painted separately before being glued. This includes the legs being painted before getting glued to the base :)

The reason I do it this way is so that I can paint every single little detail with equal quality, rather than only painting what can be seen to the naked eye. I don't like the idea of leaving parts unpainted as a result of assembly before painting. It doesn't sit right with me. So as a result, every little part is painted before being glued down :D Its a slower process, but I like it :)

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#170 » Jul 29 2017 07:59

Whoa! That's some real hardcore dedication into painting miniatures!
No doubt that takes a lot of time to get the minis ready for the tabletop.
Real nice work dude! And here I thought that finally only assembling the legs,torso and head for painting was some real next level stuff.
Painting everything separately: now that's next level in my book!
Cheers!
Nix

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#171 » Jul 29 2017 08:13

I like to think that I enjoy the hobby more than the game, and after my utterly crushing defeat today, I couldn't consider that a truer fact. And so, I put in as much thought and effort as I can to achieve miniatures that meet the standards I set myself :D

While I don't have the Broadside kits I need for my Crisis-Broadside conversions, I think that even after picking up my Broadside kits I'll spend many weeks preparing the models before even priming them. Every little detail has to say "Broadside, not Crisis" :D Thats the standard I set for myself, and its what pushes me to produce works of art like that which I've already done :D

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#172 » Aug 01 2017 03:02

The Tau were truly attractive to hobbyists - such limited detail and diversity - really attracted a lot of folks to convert them up :D And for another set of gamers, lots of flat surfaces to paint crazy :)

Look forward to the new Broadsides!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#173 » Aug 01 2017 03:22

We truly do have some of the coolest models with the most potential for customisation in WH40K. I think its the fact that our parts are all segmented and well separated that gives us that potential.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#174 » Aug 03 2017 11:18

I picked up a few goodies today after paying them off :D
However, as I'm rather fussy about incomplete projects, these boxes are staying sealed until my Fire Warriors are finished :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#175 » Aug 05 2017 03:09

I'm finally making progress again on my Fire Warriors, but while breaking between painting, I decided to get to work on the Missilesides(making sure not to use the parts I want to use on my converted Railsides).
The 'generic' one is the first one I made, but I decided I didn't want three of the same pose, so the Shas'ui got an awesome walking pose. I'm assembling these models for a number of reasons: 1. I never intend to paint them, and rarely inte d on using them; 2. I didn't buy these kits for any more than just the Railguns, Seeker Missiles and small accessories, so I'm not really at a loss with a few unpainted Missilesides and; 3. These guys will stand in for my Railsides while I get them assembled and painted up(not necessarily in that order). They're cool models, I just don't personally don't like them as much as the classics :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#176 » Aug 05 2017 07:43

An updated image of all three Missilesides.
Image i have a battle tomorrow with a friend. I have no idea what to expect, although if he chooses to play Blood Angels, I'll likely get destroyed. We'll see.

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#177 » Aug 05 2017 09:13

So much for the sealed boxes... :D

The poses look great! Good job on that! Can't wait to see some progress pics on the railsides!
Cheers!
Nix

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#178 » Aug 05 2017 05:01

nix0n wrote:So much for the sealed boxes... :D

The poses look great! Good job on that! Can't wait to see some progress pics on the railsides!

I couldn't resist :P

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#179 » Aug 23 2017 09:35

Hah, lovely stuff. Got Missile? :D

Onwards to paint!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#180 » Aug 23 2017 10:12

Tael wrote:Hah, lovely stuff. Got Missile? :D

Onwards to paint!

Nah these ones won't see a brush :) They'll be lucky if they get a base coat.

Return to “Project Logs”