A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post#199 » Oct 18 2017 03:13

I finished painting my Heavy Burst Cannon, all my Missile Pods and my last two Fusion Blasters today :D
My photo area has recieved a renovation because we had to move our printer, and there was nowhere else to put it. It made the photos really good! I need a big back wall for it now, covered in non-reflective black paint :D
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#200 » Oct 18 2017 09:12

Gosh I love the way you have posed your RIPtide :P

Have you done any major modifications to it to achieve such a striking pose?

Also in second picture I love how the middle crisis suit has a two tone body paint. Is that to differentiate a team leader from the rest of the suits?
I hope you won't get upset if I might borrow the idea :D
Cheers!
Nix

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#201 » Oct 18 2017 09:12

It all looks great. Just looked through the 12 pages here, good consistent progress, nicely done! :) If I had only half the pace...
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#202 » Oct 18 2017 03:56

n1md4 wrote:It all looks great. Just looked through the 12 pages here, good consistent progress, nicely done! :) If I had only half the pace...

I wish I had the pace of some of the better loggers :P I consider myself going at a dinosaur pace!
nix0n wrote:Gosh I love the way you have posed your RIPtide :P

Have you done any major modifications to it to achieve such a striking pose?

Also in second picture I love how the middle crisis suit has a two tone body paint. Is that to differentiate a team leader from the rest of the suits?
I hope you won't get upset if I might borrow the idea :D

If you use any of my ideas, I'd be honoured :D As for the Riptide, I did nothing special, I only cut all the little tabs off all the ball joints, givinf me more flexibility with posing :)
Regarding the two tone suit, he's not a squad leader, I just wanted to do something different. Almost all my suits have a bit of deep green on them, but that one inparticular I wanted to do something really different. The Shas'vre is the suit with the red head, if you look back through my log :)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#203 » Oct 19 2017 04:46

Looking good man - I really like the half chest colour variation for the Shas'Vre - nice idea!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#204 » Oct 20 2017 12:25

Yeah I like that as well. A subtle but effective way to make a Crisis look special.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#205 » Oct 23 2017 02:46

Broadside progress :)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#206 » Oct 25 2017 02:04

Nice, always liked that head pice myself too - really need to pick up the new battlesuit kit ASAP.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#207 » Oct 29 2017 07:30

First Broadside almost finished. I'm not going to paint up the weapons yet as I'd like to get the initial models ready for use on the tabletop, then I'll worry about the weapons.

Edit: The weapons all have magnets by the way, including the Rail Rifle and the Seeker Missile.

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#208 » Oct 30 2017 12:37

Stunning work on the pose and basing! Absolutely love how the heavy duty weaponry looks on a new XV8 platform.
Although the plasma rifles on the sides like that make the model look a bit too wide to my liking.

How many of these broadsides are left to be done?
Cheers!
Nix

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#209 » Oct 30 2017 12:59

The shoulder mounted HRR looks really cool but imo the Crisis model is too flimsy for a Broadside now that we have actual Broadside models. It looks like it can barely lift the gun and missile. :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#210 » Oct 30 2017 05:51

nix0n wrote:Stunning work on the pose and basing! Absolutely love how the heavy duty weaponry looks on a new XV8 platform.
Although the plasma rifles on the sides like that make the model look a bit too wide to my liking.

How many of these broadsides are left to be done?

Two more, for a full unit :D I do eventually want to convert up some Smart Missile Systems for these guys, but for now I want to get them finished.
Panzer wrote:The shoulder mounted HRR looks really cool but imo the Crisis model is too flimsy for a Broadside now that we have actual Broadside models. It looks like it can barely lift the gun and missile. :D

I kinda agree. I really wanted to get the metal feet from the old Broadside kits to make these guys look a lot more grounded, but it was going to cost way too much, and this project has cost me a ton already :(

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#211 » Nov 01 2017 07:55

Hey Bloodknife, please send me a message on the 22 of November, I think I have a couple pairs of XV88 Metal feet spare in my kit box! :)

I'm in the US at the moment, back home in NZ then ;)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#212 » Nov 01 2017 08:01

Tael wrote:Hey Bloodknife, please send me a message on the 22 of November, I think I have a couple pairs of XV88 Metal feet spare in my kit box! :)

I'm in the US at the moment, back home in NZ then ;)

NZ hey? You're right next door to me :) East Coast Australia here! Since I've finished painting up the first of my 3 Broadsides, I'm going to pass up your offer for the feat, but I really appreciate it! I truly wish I'd known earlier, I would have taken you up on the offer in a whim! Out of curiosity, exactly how many pairs of metal feet do you have?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#213 » Nov 01 2017 08:17

I used to live in Brisbane actually :D

Uhrmmm.. I have a mind for a lot more, but I'll stick at two pairs. Let me check when I return, hence the reminder email. :)

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#214 » Nov 01 2017 09:28

I have 4 old style broadsides for sale if anyone wants to tickle my fancy with a price.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#215 » Nov 01 2017 09:08

Tael wrote:I used to live in Brisbane actually :D

Uhrmmm.. I have a mind for a lot more, but I'll stick at two pairs. Let me check when I return, hence the reminder email. :)
I'll set a reminder on my phone :)

Yojimbob wrote:I have 4 old style broadsides for sale if anyone wants to tickle my fancy with a price.

Sorry Yojimbob but I'd prefer not to spend much more money, if any on this project. It has already cost me approximately $290 AUD already, and justifying that to my wife was hard enough :D.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#216 » Nov 11 2017 05:10

So I did a thing :D And this marks the end of my T'au army for now. I'm going to prep, paint and assemble all my current projects and hopefully start collecting some Spess Mererns.
I'm happy with 2 Commanders, 6 Crisis, 30 Fire Warriors, 10 Pathfinders, 3 Broadsides, 1 Riptide, 1 Ghostkeel, 1 Hammerhead/Skyray/Longstrike and heaven knows how many drones :D if there's abything I would want to buy after that, its yet another Crisis kit, so I can make some classic style Commanders and paint them red to easily distinguish them, but we'll see where my efforts(and finances) take me! Oh and I really really hope Shadowsun gets a plastic kit. I'll buy that in a whim!

Return to “Project Logs”