A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: A'kish Research Defence Initiative (Project Log)

Post#109 » Apr 13 2017 04:33

In other news! I've been working on my Riptide attachments! At this point, the Smart Missile Systems have had the light green applied to them, and the same goes for the shield. I still have the Ion Accelerator and the Jet Packs to green up, then I can move onto colours with way less surface area, and that won't take long at all! I'm not going to paint up the Heavy Burst Cannon as at this point, I won't be using it much. I'll eventually paint it up along with all the other weapons for my Crisis suits as well, but for now, I'm happy with the Ion Accelerator.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#110 » Apr 14 2017 05:46

He's green! You won't like him when he's green!
Last night, my Necron fielding neighbour and I teamed up against Blood Angels for a 2000 point battle. It was AMAZING even though I was pretty much off the board by the enemy second turn. I made it my goal to have the green parts finished by the time we battled, and I did it :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#111 » Apr 14 2017 10:50

Time for some practice blending colours. I'm not fortunate enough to own an airbrush, and I'm not a fan of them anyway, as great as they are!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#112 » Apr 14 2017 11:39

Top stuff, ready for battle indeed. Good to hear you got a decent game in too man :D

Nice blending, perhaps a little more feathering at the bolder edges, but straight nice colour control :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#113 » Apr 15 2017 02:14

Thanks Tael! I imagine I'm going to end up with the opposite result regarding the edges because its all in recesses on the Ion Accelerator that I'm going to be blending these blues. I really hope to get a good looking paint job on it, this will be a great jump in my skills as a hobbyist :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#114 » Apr 17 2017 12:41

HE'S DONE! I can't say I've ever been this excited! No more painting left for the riptide :D

Two more Crisis left, then I get to buy some new models!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#115 » Apr 17 2017 03:52

Very crisp and awesome pose. I love him! :D

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#116 » Apr 17 2017 07:38

Tasty! Long road but well worth it!

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#117 » Apr 19 2017 08:20

Wow that hand blending is stunning. Well done.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#118 » Apr 19 2017 08:36

Thanks all :D I've base coated the next crisis, but my university work is catching up with me, so I'm moving really slowly.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#119 » Apr 27 2017 05:54

Early birthday present for me :D
These Crisis suits will become my Broadsides! The rest, however, need to wait for me to finish my current projects (2 more Crisis and 7 Drones) before I can get into them. This is super exciting though! I can't wait to get going on those new Fire Warriors!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#120 » May 04 2017 02:52

5th Crisis finished! I went for something pretty different with this guy. As can be seen below, his torso is painted with Castellan Green, and the rest is painted with Nurgling Green. This model will definitely stand out, but I aim to produce that kind of effect on all of my models. Every one of them needs to be unique and individual :D

His weapons aren't finished yet. The ones in the photo are weapons I already had. His weapons will instead either be dual Fusion Blasters, or dual Missile Pods. I'm eager to paint the Fusion Blasters and test my skills at blending colours again!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post#121 » May 08 2017 10:26

Fusion blasters finished, and I've concepted my last Crisis suit(finally).
I plan to finish this guy this week, then I have drones to work on, then I finally get to start work on my Fire Warriors and Ethereal :D

I'm super proud of my colour blending this time! It was really hard to go from a medium-dark blue to white, but going from medium-dark blue to a light blue was super easy! There are four different colours here, all a mix of Caledor Sky and Lothern Blue. They just gradient so well together! Even with my naked eye I can barely see the lines where the colours change, unlike my Ion Accelerator where I can see a variety of lines where the colours change with ease.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#122 » May 12 2017 12:38

Very nice, your energy shading looks great. I particularly like the very stark central eye of the first Suit - very neon.

The scheme does so well to show off the kit design and shapes :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#123 » May 13 2017 05:37

Tael wrote:Very nice, your energy shading looks great. I particularly like the very stark central eye of the first Suit - very neon.

The scheme does so well to show off the kit design and shapes :)

Thanks Tael! I appreciate the positive responses, they drive my progress. I had a decision to make really early on with the lenses. Do I add some white to all of them? Or only the larger ones? I obviously chose to only add white to the larger lenses, and I feel it draws more attention to them and gives the suits some degree of focal personality, if you get what I mean :)

I'm not sure what really expresses the shapes and design of the suits the most, be it the edge highlighting, or the darkness of the recesses and the shading, or even the lack of shoulderpads, but I agree, it looks fantastic! Even today, my skills continue to grow beyond what I foresaw :D

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#124 » May 13 2017 09:56

All about progress, if you're not pushing, you're sitting about.

degree of focal personality, if you get what I mean

Oh yeah, live and breathe it with graphic design ratios and eyeline principles haha. :) (When not orbital Fio'O I moonlight as a Graphic Designer)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#125 » May 17 2017 04:32

I finally finished my 6th Crisis suit! I now have a full squad :D

Next project: Drones, wave 2.

Panzer
Shas'Saal