I decided to add a bit of love to my old Fire Warriors. Now, I have 2 units of Fire Warriors at the moment; the first unit I ever made and painted, and the second(duh). The very first unit I ever made, have sand and grass on their bases, so de-basing them would prove challenging, however, my second unit were only put on plain black bases, making it possible for me to de-base them and improve those plain bases. So I got to work! I de-based them all, and applied some sand.
I base coated them this morning, and got to work painting.
After long enough, I was finished! Now my basic fire warriors that I assembled and painted 8 years ago look fantastic
I also got started on my Ethereal's base too.
As you can see, I've used the shortest possible flying stem I can find. I have my plethora of drones to thank for that
I cut off the top of the stem though, as it was 2mm in diameter, and I needed it to be thinner to fit into the bottom of my Ethereal's Hover Drone. I drilled a 1mm hole in the Hover Drone, and added pinning wire to the stem. The Hover Drone is a little higher off the base than if I had mounted it onto the flag, but I'm quite happy with how low it is