A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: A'kish Vior'la Cadre

Post#127 » May 17 2017 04:53

Panzer wrote:Doesn't a full Crisis team consist of 9 Crisis though? :P

Bahaha you know just which buttons to push!
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#128 » May 18 2017 02:43

It has been a long time since I watched your blog for the last time, but it was as enjoyable as ever. You have a great looking army with a wonderful paint job and some unique poses. Keep up your good work!

You got me inspired to give my crisis suits some more unique painted crisis suits. Do you mind if I "borrowed" that idea? :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#129 » May 18 2017 02:53

The best ideas are the ones that more than one person want to use :) I'd be honoured!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#130 » Jun 02 2017 06:48

Did someone say drones? These are all of my drones, not just my new ones. I now have 14 drones, but after I complete my next few projects, I'll be working on yet another wave of these bad boys. Well, I might. It all depends how many drones I need in the future.

I bought a Cadre Fireblade today, so I have him and my Ethereal to work on before I finally get started on my new Fire Warriors, which I am super excited to get done!

+5 internets to the person who notices something interesting about two of the drones.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#131 » Jun 02 2017 07:46

Upon close inspection, it seems like two of the drones, one marker drone and one shield drone, use a special kind of drone base. Did you modify it yourself or is it from an alternate supplier?

And did I get the Internets?
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Dut'ch
Shas

Post#132 » Jun 02 2017 08:14

It's the top of a Riptide Shielded Missile Drone yes?

Love the work btw. Really crisp paint work.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#133 » Jun 02 2017 05:04

Dut'ch wrote:It's the top of a Riptide Shielded Missile Drone yes?

Love the work btw. Really crisp paint work.

That's it! I decided to use the Riptide drones as regular drones to shake things up a bit :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#134 » Jun 02 2017 10:29

I decided to add a bit of love to my old Fire Warriors. Now, I have 2 units of Fire Warriors at the moment; the first unit I ever made and painted, and the second(duh). The very first unit I ever made, have sand and grass on their bases, so de-basing them would prove challenging, however, my second unit were only put on plain black bases, making it possible for me to de-base them and improve those plain bases. So I got to work! I de-based them all, and applied some sand.
I base coated them this morning, and got to work painting.
After long enough, I was finished! Now my basic fire warriors that I assembled and painted 8 years ago look fantastic :D
I also got started on my Ethereal's base too.
As you can see, I've used the shortest possible flying stem I can find. I have my plethora of drones to thank for that :D I cut off the top of the stem though, as it was 2mm in diameter, and I needed it to be thinner to fit into the bottom of my Ethereal's Hover Drone. I drilled a 1mm hole in the Hover Drone, and added pinning wire to the stem. The Hover Drone is a little higher off the base than if I had mounted it onto the flag, but I'm quite happy with how low it is :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#135 » Jun 03 2017 12:19

I did some conversion work on my Cadre Fireblade this afternoon.
I gave him a Pulse Pistol from my Fire Warrior kit, instead of the knife that he was carrying. I did this for multiple reasons. First of all, I wanted to do something creative with my Fireblade to make him stand out, as I try to do with all my models, but I also don't really like the idea of the knife, because he doesn't get to use it as a weapon and it seemed out of place. I DO understand that it is a bonding knife and that it is supposed to boost the morale of nearby troops, but it seems more logical to me for him to have a Pulse Pistol instead.

Edit: If anyone likes the idea, feel free to use it! No credits needed :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#136 » Jun 03 2017 07:26

I took a photo of my whole collection so far, inspired by my wife asking about the size of my collection last night to add up the approximate cost of my hooby, so here it is!
It's slowly growing. I still have yet to assemble 10 Fire Warriors, an Ethereal, a Cadre Fireblade, approximately 8-10 more drones and 3 Iridium Crisis converted into Broadsides. I've base coated and converted (where I could) my Fireblade and Ethereal, and I'm keen to put my best paint work into these characters!
Last edited by Bloodknife92 on Jun 03 2017 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#137 » Jun 03 2017 09:12

Per request, and insatiable excitement, I got to work on my Fire Warrior Shas'ui!
Image The left (your right) arm in this picture needed some conversion work done to achieve the pose I wanted. I had to cut it at the wrist and pin it for stability, but when I drilled the pinning holes and inserted the wire, I had a small gap. That would not do! So you my green stuff out, grabbed a tiny bit with my finger nail, and got to work!
ImageI also tried the pose with the pointing-finger right (your left) arm, but it didn't look as good as I wanted, so I settled for the Photon Grenade instead :) I'm happy with the outcome!

For anyone wondering why there are two different left (your right) arms, it's because I'm going to add magnets to them, and one of the Pulse Rifles is going to have a Markerlight on it, giving me the option to use one on the Shas'ui or not.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#138 » Jun 04 2017 02:48

Lovely work as ever, and it is great to see more detail of the Ethereal hover disc, really interesting.

Top stuff man.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#139 » Jun 04 2017 04:36

Tael wrote:Lovely work as ever, and it is great to see more detail of the Ethereal hover disc, really interesting.

Top stuff man.

And much appreciated, as always :D

I'm on fire! The progress hasn't halted, however isn't happening in the order I had planned :D
All of the magnetising and gluing for this miniature is now finished :) All I need to do is finish my Ethereal and Fireblade, then I can get started painting him.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#140 » Jun 04 2017 06:32

See, this is the problem of these wonderful fully optioned and accessorised kits - indecision. Why back in my day we had three leg poses and four pulse rifle/carbine arm variations, with a scanner and photon grenade pouch only. And we liked it! ;)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#141 » Jun 04 2017 06:34

Tael wrote:See, this is the problem of these wonderful fully optioned and accessorised kits - indecision. Why back in my day we had three leg poses and four pulse rifle/carbine arm variations, with a scanner and photon grenade pouch only. And we liked it! ;)

I remember that because I have 2 squads of those models :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#142 » Jun 06 2017 02:38

My progress so far on my Ethereal. I went outside with my daughter and ran around quite a bit, so my brush hand is far from steady, and I'm calling it a day :)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#143 » Jun 07 2017 06:52

Did it! :D I also pre-ordered my copy of Warhammer 40k: The Rules, and the Xenos 2 Index :)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#144 » Jun 09 2017 06:25

Nice and clean as usual, and I agree, when my hand starts agitating I back off and build some kits - nothing worse than tired trembles when painting.

Return to “Project Logs”