A'kish Research Defence Initiative (Project Log)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Re: A'kish Research Defence Initiative (Project Log)

Post#91 » Mar 17 2017 03:35

Panzer wrote:It's also incrediby handy for easy&quick cropping of images. ;)

That's when I've always resorted to MSpaint haha.
The days of goodly English is went

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#92 » Mar 20 2017 08:46

I want some opinions! How do you guys feel about the 2 antennae on the Riptide? I love it, but I'd love to know how everyone else feels about it. I did it because the one antenna feels silly to me (same for the broadside).

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#93 » Mar 21 2017 01:41

I can't believe that after having looked at pictures of them since they were first released, I have only just now noticed that the default Riptide and Broadside models only have one helmet antenna.

I largely agree with you about the conversion - it definitely makes the helmet look a lot more balanced. In fact I may just have to steal the idea for when I get my own Riptide and Broadsides...
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#94 » Mar 21 2017 01:46

You're welcome I guess :D I noticed it when I first saw them after returning to the hobby last year, and thought it looked silly and off. Nevertheless, someone at GW thought it looked good, but that doesn't bother me because the beauty of warhammer is the possibilities!

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#95 » Mar 21 2017 05:43

I have a new concept! I never truly liked the new Broadside battlesuits. I was always fond of the old ones, but given all the model updates the Tau have had, the old ones are not only hard to find now, but also very outdated. This didn't stop me though, I have an idea! I aim to merge the new Broadside with the old one by using the new Crisis kit and the new Iridium Armour pieces with the new Broadside kit.

I give you the XV88 M2!
Please be aware that this is just a concept, and certainly not a final product. The final result will have a customised Rail/Missile assembly for primary weapons, and will be fully decked out in Iridium Armour, and possibly some shoulderpads too for extra emphasis. I'm also trying to think of a way to reinforce the feet a bit to look more Broadside-esque, but without making them look silly.

Here's a picture of what I would do to the Rail assembly to streamline it a bit. I haven't yet considered what I would do for the Missile assembly.
For rules reasons, I would also throw these customised Broadside models on the bases provided with the Broadsides, and not the ones for the Crisis suits.

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#96 » Mar 21 2017 07:10

Here are some more concept images on a different model.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#97 » Mar 21 2017 07:16

I will never understand why people dislike the new Broadside. It's one of the most awesome Tau models imo....except for the Missile Gloves. :D
Last edited by Panzer on Mar 21 2017 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#98 » Mar 21 2017 07:21

Oh they're pretty great looking models, but its more than evident that GW saw some peoples' custom Broadside models and thought "Let's make some money off this idea". It's a cool model, but it doesn't say "Tau" to me like the rest do :) That's just my opinion though.

Aphotic
Shas'Saal

Post#99 » Mar 21 2017 07:47

That's a lot of firepower he's toting around!

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#100 » Mar 21 2017 08:21

I agree, it looks huge! I would definitely have to find a way to scale it all down a bit to look a bit more sensible :D

Return to “Project Logs”