Ingold's Cadre [blog]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: Ingold's Cadre (my year of the Tau)

Post#37 » Jun 29 2016 08:35

Ingold, this is a spectacular looking army. The attention to detail and weathering are both top notch.
I'm especially interested in that stealth suit. Do you use any form of masking, or do you just paint all of those tiny boxes carefully by hand?

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#38 » Jun 30 2016 05:52

Hey ingold, is there any chance you could do some close ups of your lenses on your commander, and maybe a tutorial? I love them, they looks fantastic!
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#39 » Jul 14 2016 03:02

_Grey_ wrote:Hey Ingold!

Looks great and some more pictures here than on the dutch forums :D

What I would change is to put a bit more red in the commander. It is screaming for some coler in my opinion.

The overall picture looks great and hopefully we will see those 3 suits painted very quickly :D

Cheers,
Grey

Thanks Grey! Unfortunately I only painted a jetpack and an arm so far of the new crisissuits.

Agentarrow wrote:Ingold, this is a spectacular looking army. The attention to detail and weathering are both top notch.
I'm especially interested in that stealth suit. Do you use any form of masking, or do you just paint all of those tiny boxes carefully by hand?

Thanks Agentarrow! The Stealth suit is all freehand, just me and my tiniest brush. I can make some kind of tutorial about it if you like? :)

Bloodknife92 wrote:Hey ingold, is there any chance you could do some close ups of your lenses on your commander, and maybe a tutorial? I love them, they looks fantastic!

Hey Bloodknife92, I shall post some close ups of the lenses soon. I will tell you then which colours I used. It's really easy. :)

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Jul 14 2016 08:34

Really awesome man.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#41 » Jul 14 2016 03:21

Ingold wrote:Thanks Agentarrow! The Stealth suit is all freehand, just me and my tiniest brush. I can make some kind of tutorial about it if you like? :)

I'd be interested to see your process. Freehanding boxes that tiny is extra impressive.

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Jul 16 2016 05:09

Agentarrow wrote:
Ingold wrote:Thanks Agentarrow! The Stealth suit is all freehand, just me and my tiniest brush. I can make some kind of tutorial about it if you like? :)

I'd be interested to see your process. Freehanding boxes that tiny is extra impressive.

I can't guarantee it will be in the near future though, because I'm planning to finish first some more FW and Crisis Suits. But when I grow tired of them, I'll do the Stealth Suits. They're less priority than those other units.

Finally I had some time to paint my new crisis suits. He's part of an anti-infantry squad. The other two members are equipped with the same weapons. Game wise I'll give one a target lock so he can shoot at a different target. I'm afraid that 3 burst cannons and 3 ARP are a little too much of an overkill.

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Jan 13 2017 08:02

Well, new year, new battle suit! Finally I had some time to grab my brushed and paint so get something done. It has been a couple of busy months, but in the end I had some spare time to get him finished.

With his team mate. This will be a very AI-squad, with de AFP and burst cannons.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#44 » Jan 29 2017 10:02

Nice clean work, I always liked the new model for the AFP.

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#45 » Feb 02 2017 12:03

Thanks Tael!

I finished the squad a couple of days ago. I tried to give them some unique, in-action poses and I'm happy how they turned out.

And I had some time to paint my first HS-option: a broadside. I really enjoyed painting this model. Maybe I'll give him some weathering, but I'm not sure.

Next: Fire Warriors!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#46 » Feb 07 2017 02:24

Ooooh.. really like the themed set of photos! Lovely work again.

Firewarriors? Shiny :D

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#47 » Feb 09 2017 12:01

So last night the Tau were finally tested for the first time on the battlefield! I played a 1000-points game against Space Marines, which ended in an total annihilation of the Space Marines.

Here are some pictures I took during the battle:

This battle really motivated me to paint more Tau. My next target is to paint the second squad Fire Warrior Strike Team. Then I haven't decided yet if I finish the Stealth Suits of I start painting my Riptide..

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Re: Ingold's Cadre [blog]

Post#48 » Mar 26 2017 06:33

Played another game a couple of days ago against Mantis Warriors. Because we're both unexperienced gamers, we did a simple kill points game of 750 points. In the end, the Tau were victorious:

The table:

Some pictures of the Tau:

And my opponent's Dreadnought:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#49 » Mar 29 2017 02:55

Some great photos again, top stuff on the victories. Superb terrain to boot which is really a pleasure to see :)

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#50 » Mar 31 2017 03:08

Thanks Tael for your kind words.

Finally I have two ten-men squads Fire Warriors painted. With some extra bits I've been able to make some extra Fire Warriors so that I can field two twelve-man squads.

Last edited by Ingold on Apr 05 2017 01:40, edited 3 times in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#51 » Mar 31 2017 06:04

Man.. Crisp with a capital C.

Are you seam lining or painting white overtop a basecoat? (If so, what basecoat colour?)

Thanks!

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#52 » Apr 01 2017 02:41

Hey Tael, I'm using the GW Corax White Primer for basecoating. Then I paint the armour with Ulthuan Grey. With my tiniest brush I apply agrax earthshade in the deeper aspects of the armour. If necessary, I correct with Ulthuan Grey. At last, I highlight the armour with White Scar.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#53 » Apr 08 2017 08:07

Nice, top work given the fiddly painting :)

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#54 » May 12 2017 08:53

Lately I've been busy with a much bigger model than all those Fire Warriors, the Riptide! What an amazing kit with such detail. All I need to do is his gun arm. I know the pictures aren't that sharp, but when the model is done I'll post better pictures.

Return to “Project Logs”