Ingold's Cadre [blog]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Ingold
Shas'Saal

Re: Ingold's Cadre (my year of the Tau)

Post#21 » May 04 2016 01:57

Thanks everyone! I've almost finished three new Fire Warriors. Will post pictures of them when they're all finished.

And then... this Badboy!

What do you think of the pose?

themoogle
Shas

Post#22 » May 04 2016 03:15

Really love the pose its heroic "come at me broh" pose :)
btw is that the detail piece that came in the commander box?

Cant wait to see the firewarriors

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » May 08 2016 03:54

Thanks themoogle! That is my intention! :)

As promised, three new fire warriors.

I think my FW just don't like to wear helmets...

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » May 24 2016 04:29

It's a while ago that I updated this log, but that doesn't mean I haven't painted some Tau models.

Here is a picture of a almost complete Stealth Suit. I wanted to make him a little stealthy by painting a digital urban camo on his helmet and gun. I'm quite pleased how it turned out, but still see some spots that can be made better.

And here is my first breacher. I just love the amount of details on this models. I'm very curious how they will preform on the battlefield. Have to find them some transports though.

And here is a picture of the whole army:

n1md4
Shas'La

Post#25 » May 24 2016 05:51

Oh the digital camo is very nice indeed! I may have to take that as inspiration for mine, as I've been struggling for ideas.

FireTrident
Gue

Post#26 » May 24 2016 09:10

Looks Great! It's great to see some love for stealth suits, and I especially love the cinematic photographs from the original post!

ZainNL
Shas

Post#27 » May 25 2016 02:27

Looking really good! I'm also amazed (and jealous :P) at how well you've put the light color on the model.

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#28 » Jun 01 2016 08:46

Really good! I wish I could paint like that.

Aj'T'au
Fio

Post#29 » Jun 01 2016 10:16

Wow! That white is crisp. Did you use stencils on the camouflage or was it freehand?

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Jun 02 2016 02:53

FireTrident wrote:Looks Great! It's great to see some love for stealth suits, and I especially love the cinematic photographs from the original post!

Thanks! my next updates will be more cinematic. :)

ZainNL wrote:Looking really good! I'm also amazed (and jealous :P) at how well you've put the light color on the model.

Thanks! The light colour wasn't that hard to be honest. I primed the models white first, so the light colors attached easily.

n1md4 wrote:Oh the digital camo is very nice indeed! I may have to take that as inspiration for mine, as I've been struggling for ideas.

Thanks for the honor! I'm looking forward to see your result.

Aj'T'au wrote:Wow! That white is crisp. Did you use stencils on the camouflage or was it freehand?

Thanks! The camouflage is freehand. I've used my smallest brush for it. It was tough, but I'm happy with the result.

At the moment I'm painting my Tau Commander. At this moment I have to decide how I'll glue the model. I'm struggling to make a final decision about the placement of his second plasma rifle. I've three options and I'm looking for your opinions in this matter.

Option 1: Two guns on one arm:

Option 2: Second gun on his jet pack

Option 3: Second gun on his other arm:

I prefer option 1, but so far all my game-buddies chose differently. What do you think?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#31 » Jun 02 2016 04:16

Option 1 looks more like a twin linked plasma rifle to me so I'd go for option 3.

Varyn
Shas

Post#32 » Jun 02 2016 05:49

Underslung plasma rifles are the bees knees. I'd go for option 3.

The digital camo looks outstanding. Did it take long?

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Jun 13 2016 11:07

Another WIP of the Commander. He is almost finished, just need to do the rubble pile on the base and he is ready for the battlefield!

In the end, I chose the first option. I couldn't let the idea go haha. Now I'll finish some breachers for the purpose of filling two Troops choices slots.

ZainNL
Shas

Post#34 » Jun 14 2016 01:45

Cool that you made your commander without the Coldstar suit :) Nice pose as well!

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#35 » Jun 14 2016 07:18

Thanks ZainNL!

Due to the temporary absence of my painting mojo I decided to assemble a squad of Crisis Suits. This squad will be an anti-infantry squad, with AFP & BC. In addition, I give two of them a Target Lock to do damage to multiple squads. I haven't decided yet what kind of upgrade I'll give to the third Crisis Suit, but maybe you more experienced Tau Commander have some advice.

Without further introduction:

I love this set, which makes it able for assemble them in very dynamic poses.

If you think I should give them certain upgrades, please let me know!

_Grey_
Shas

Post#36 » Jun 20 2016 06:45

Hey Ingold!

Looks great and some more pictures here than on the dutch forums :D

What I would change is to put a bit more red in the commander. It is screaming for some coler in my opinion.

The overall picture looks great and hopefully we will see those 3 suits painted very quickly :D

Cheers,
Grey

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#37 » Jun 29 2016 08:35

Ingold, this is a spectacular looking army. The attention to detail and weathering are both top notch.
I'm especially interested in that stealth suit. Do you use any form of masking, or do you just paint all of those tiny boxes carefully by hand?

Bloodknife92
Shas'La

Post#38 » Jun 30 2016 05:52

Hey ingold, is there any chance you could do some close ups of your lenses on your commander, and maybe a tutorial? I love them, they looks fantastic!
The days of goodly English is went

Return to “Project Logs”