Tau/Gue'Vesa Army

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
JimCanuck
Shas

Tau/Gue'Vesa Army

Post#1 » Feb 21 2016 12:49

So I have been building my army slowly the last few months.

Started off with Darkstrider, Pathfinders, and a Devilfish as my Naval Strike Force.

Then added a Army element starting with Longstrike,

And Firewarriors, one of two units shown.

Decided to take a break from Tau, while I build my Plasma XV-8 units, and Missile Sides.

So I built a Gue'Vesa Vanquisher Leman Russ. Armed with TL Heavy Rail rifle, and a "upgraded" VOX system, from the Command Frame. To act like my Gue'Vesa commander.

Next will be my XV-8 Units and Gue'Vesa infantry platoon.

Jim

Redback
Por

Re: Tau/Gue'Vesa Army

Post#2 » Feb 21 2016 04:15

It is always nice to see a Gue'vesa based army, think in terms of fluff they are one of the coolest parts of the Tau.

I am going to offer some advice all from what I can see on the hammerhead. It has a lot of the bare plastic showing through, may I suggest undercoating your models. Black willgo a long way to hiding that. White will pop your colours a little more.

JimCanuck
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 21 2016 07:14

Redback wrote:It is always nice to see a Gue'vesa based army, think in terms of fluff they are one of the coolest parts of the Tau.

I think so too. It is one thing to defeat your enemy, and it's another thing to be capable of showing your enemy joining you would be beneficial to them.

Redback wrote:I am going to offer some advice all from what I can see on the hammerhead. It has a lot of the bare plastic showing through, may I suggest undercoating your models

The Hammerhead is actually base coated with the same "Dark aircraft grey" spray can from Testors that the "Naval" forces are using as their base color. As originally I was going to use one scheme for my entire army and painted it the same way as the Devilfish. I'm not good with details, being new to painting, so decided I will do the bigger details first and as I feel more comfortable I'd go back and fill the lines.

Now my force will be based on a Combined Arms Force like a real military. Space Naval Forces, Land Ground Forces, and Auxiliary Human Forces. With the role of the air force going to the Navy, similar to the USN's own Naval Air Forces.

With 3 different color schemes compromising of three primary colors for each.

• Naval - Grey, Tan and Light Blue - Support Units (Pathfinders) and Deep striking Units (XV-25's)
  • Army - Green, Tan and Black - Infantry (Firewarriors), Armored Infantry (Crisis and Broadsides) and Mechanized Armor (Hammerheads)
  • Auxiliary - Black, Tan and Light Blue - Infantry (Gue'vesa) and Mechanized Armor (Leman Russ)

The dark navy blue is the color I settled on as my Sept's color choice.

Jim

JimCanuck
Shas

Post#4 » Feb 22 2016 04:40

The XV-8's base coated, ready to be painted this weekend.

Jim
Last edited by JimCanuck on Feb 27 2016 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

hiddencamel
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 23 2016 07:05

I do love me some Gue'Vesa. I really like your idea for railgun mounted Leman Russ.

In my (very limited) Gue'Vesa mods, I have aimed to get something that can use Tau codex rules, but it's just so hard to achieve for vehicles because of the skimmer aspect. I think I will just have to bite the bullet and have a Gue'Vesa detachment using IG codex.

JimCanuck
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 27 2016 06:54

My goal is to use the IG codex for basic unit stats and point costs, but use an abundance of Tau weapons mixed in with Imperial Guard weapons as well.

Using Human pattern vehicles etc would make the Gue'vesa who defected more easy to train. While equipping them with Tau modifications such as weapon systems, and even internally such as new drive engines etc, would allow better integration with the rest of the Tau's supply lines.

Giving them a TL Heavy Rail Rifle instead of the Rail gun off a Hammerhead is due to their auxiliary role in the fluff, of defending their own colonies instead of being front line assault units.

Jim

JimCanuck
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 27 2016 08:48

The Gue'Vesa platoon and mortar unit are done.

Jim

JimCanuck
Shas

Post#8 » Feb 27 2016 08:59

The XV-8 suits not quite done but the Gue'Vesa took most of the day.

Jim

Return to “Project Logs”