Vior'la Sept retaliation cadre WIP

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Re: Vior'la Sept retaliation cadre WIP

Post#11 » Apr 01 2016 03:41

Thanks for your help guys! I'm completely new to this! One more though, how do I resize the image as it's huge!

themoogle
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 01 2016 03:43

You can alter the images in photbucket or you can post them as thumb nails. but you need to activate that through this

http://s12.photobucket.com/settings/album

EDIT

Sorry forget to say what to do, mark the IMG Thumb option :)

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Apr 02 2016 07:59

So I've figured out how to put pics up, I will get some up stage by stage !

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Apr 05 2016 12:27

Ok so I've been playing around and I think I've found a way of painting my sept efficiently, I've added quite a lot of battle damage to the crisis tester model, hope I didn't go overboard here he is - Image

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Apr 05 2016 12:30

Also the weapon and head are missing as I'm waiting for vallejo golden yellow to be posted out to me !

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#16 » Apr 05 2016 12:37

Yes that's a lot of battledamage indeed, but it looks very good so far. ;)
Now just add the bright red to make it belong to Vior'la and you're good! (Remember that the sept marking color tells which sept your army belongs to, not the armor color)

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Apr 05 2016 12:46

Panzer wrote:Yes that's a lot of battledamage indeed, but it looks very good so far. ;)
Now just add the bright red to make it belong to Vior'la and you're good! (Remember that the sept marking color tells which sept your army belongs to, not the armor color)

Thanks for the feedback , I'll be getting them on asap just need to do a bit of airbrushing for glow effect on gems and visor and might give him a dust of light brown around the legs for good measure !

Macknight
Shas'La

Post#18 » Apr 05 2016 01:24

Before you go any further, especially beyond the test model, I highly suggest you clean the mold lines properly and smooth out the green stuff application, those will show up after painting, no amount of paint nor excellence will hide them.

I quite like the scheme of your test model, looking forward to seeing it with decal, basing etc.
For the greater good!

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#19 » Apr 05 2016 04:55

Here's a few more WIP photos Image

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Apr 06 2016 02:19

I'm thinking of doing the helmet a dark red with a single strip of orange down the helmet, and instead of the traditional grey on armour panels going for the red there too. All in all I like the way he's turning out , if I'm going to change anything it would be next time to go for grey undercoat and build to white in the middle of panels ect.and maybe more silver.

Comments are welcome guys fire away !

Return to “Project Logs”