Vior'la Sept retaliation cadre WIP

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Vior'la Sept retaliation cadre WIP

Post#21 » Apr 06 2016 10:42

A strip of orange? You mean the sept marking? Well that would be pretty different from the official fluff and would rather make it belonging to Sa'Cea (even though the red helmet wouldn't fit then) but it's your army after all and you are free to paint it however you want. ;)

Ricordis
Shas'La

Post#22 » Apr 07 2016 10:33

Tau armies don't define their membership by their Armor. They adapt to their surroundings, camouflage and change their visuals depending on the location where they act.
Only their sept markings show their origin. And how to use which colors are defined in the Codex.

Anyway and I might be wrong but somewhere I read it's an old relic arisen from tribal markings. I wont be surprised if there are enough Tau to refrain from this. For some instances it could be impractical to have red markings on white armor :D

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#23 » Apr 07 2016 12:30

Tau armies don't define their membership by their Armor. They adapt to their surroundings, camouflage and change their visuals depending on the location where they act.
Only their sept markings show their origin. And how to use which colors are defined in the Codex.

Exactly.

And of course it's impractical for camouflage....may explain why Tau don't have the stealth special rule army wide even though they usually wear environment fitting armor. :P

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Apr 15 2016 01:37

So I've made a good start on my commander

Ingold
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Apr 21 2016 01:26

This is an already good-looking Commander. First of all, I really like the pose. It's very dynamic and totally badass! Are you planning to paint some of the armor plates in a different colour or will he/she be all white?

themoogle
Shas

Post#26 » Apr 21 2016 02:40

I love the paintjob on your models and your prework. Your commander and crisis suits looks great and cant wait to see more of your work :)

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Apr 27 2016 03:56

Hey there , he will have orange on him and red for the helmet and maybe the odd plate or two , been waiting for the vallejo paint to come through the the post but in the mean while I've started of the crisis team ! Stonewall grey with white on top and dusting of light brown!

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Apr 27 2016 04:03

Here's what I have so far! Big que waiting for the paint brush station!

themoogle
Shas

Post#29 » Apr 28 2016 12:38

Seriusly love the paintjob, its something with the white thats so smexy.
You have a nice group of units and the crisis suits looks crisp.

I just noticed it but how did you do the lens effects on your commander?

and on a side note i see that the "new house" jar has been emptied for the greater good ? xD

Cant wait to see these badboys painted

Tau'va

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Apr 29 2016 05:12

Thanks you for the kind words, yeah the paint job is coming alone, below , I've just inked them with black ink and in areas sepia, once they've dried off i'llyods go back and tidy the white up , then add lens and glow effects on them. Finishing touch will be weathering powders from forgeworld and a light brown airbrush dusting!

Return to “Project Logs”