Falsegod's Cadre Building Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Re: Falsegod's Cadre Building Log

Post#11 » Jul 21 2016 05:03

Ironsky wrote:What model is the brown basecoated figure in your last picture?

The one immediately to the left on the firewarrior? It is a Royal Guardsman from Starwars Imperial Assault box I am painting up.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jul 22 2016 10:57

Mini-update.

Firewarrior Shas'ui, Pathfinder with Ion Cannon, and some drones. At this level of painting I seem to be averaging about two finished models a day, but work on the Tau is interspersed with various different projects...

...speaking of which; here is a finished shot of some of those Star War figures Ironsky asked about.

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jul 24 2016 04:35

Thanks. I've been looking for nice robed models for an Ethereal conversion. I will look into Royal guardsmen...

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Jul 28 2016 07:53

Another mini-update. Finished my first crisis suit today, weapons still need to be done. I was worried about the color scheme on such a big model, even after finishing the piranha, but I think it came out okay. Up next more firewarriors, then on to assembling my commander and the rest of the crisis suits.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#15 » Jul 28 2016 09:46

Looking good, as always. The pose is very dynamic and will look great on the table. I'm looking forward to your Commander.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Aug 04 2016 01:05

My friend gave me this yesterday....

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Aug 04 2016 01:47

Always wanted the Infiltration Cadre Burning Dawn box but other stuff always had priority because you don't actually save money with that box and the rules aren't THAT interesting either. :D
Anyway could you check something for me? The only thing I've found online shows that the Stealth Suits are actually missing the Shrouded USR on their datasheet in that box....which would be really weird and totally not worth getting precision shots instead.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Aug 05 2016 07:15

Stealth Team 'Darktide', is not listed as having shrouded. Yea at the exact same points cost as three regular XV25s, trading shrouded for precision shots is stupid.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#19 » Aug 05 2016 08:06

Welp...how to make an already overpriced unit completely useless. :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Aug 05 2016 05:11

Great work with your Crisis suit! It looks awesome :) I love that you added paint to the jet exhausts too. I did the same with mine, but I don't think I've taken any shots of it yet.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Aug 09 2016 07:31

Update:

Here is my painted collection so far. These guys, minus the drones, crisis suit and Ethereal, will be my kill team in a local campaign this fall.

I have been busy assembling and magnetizing: two XV8s, three XV25s, one XV88 with both HYMP and Railgun options, and six more fire warriors with their DS8, again with both options. Today conditions in the swamp that is coastal Texas were good enough to get them primed:

And I found time to play around and finish a XV25. I really like the stealth transition effect, and I am pretty happy with my execution of it. I will probably do all of them some variation of this.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Aug 13 2016 09:24

Finished the XV25 team, with weapon options.

materpillar
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#23 » Aug 14 2016 10:42

Those stealth teams look sweet. How'd you do the transition effect on them?
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Aug 14 2016 07:48

materpillar wrote:Those stealth teams look sweet. How'd you do the transition effect on them?

Band of blue (Army Painter Ultramarine Blue), smaller band of light/ice blue (P3 Arcane Blue), thin stripe of white (Vallejo something). It was really simple but I liked the effect. I painted the camo and armor first and did it as the last step.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Aug 21 2016 09:38

So I know this isn't the place for battle reports, and I will probably make a thread in that forum once I actually start playing games. But yesterday I played my first two 500 point games yesterday, my first 40k games in seven or eight years. Taking basically what I had painted/assembled, and working to relearn the rules. Like a dumby I forgot to take any pictures, but I emerged 2 and 0. First game I played against Grey Knights and got pretty lucky when my broadside cleared up a whole five man Grey Knight squad in one round of shooting. In the second game a similar thing happened when my Fire Warriors inflicted two wounds on a my opponent's broadside who promptly failed his saves effectively ending the game.

The main reason I am posting this is that list I took is a pretty good update on my progress of various assembled projects:

Ethereal (Finished)

Five Strike Fire Warriors (Finished)

Five Strike Fire Warriors (Three finished, two assembled and base coated)

Three Crisis Suits (One finished, two primed)

Three Stealth Suits (Finished)

Four Pathfinders (Finished)

Broadside (Primed)

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Aug 25 2016 10:56

Update:

Finished painting the assembled broadside. It is fully magnetized for all sub-systems and weapon options, but I haven't painted the rail-rifle arms as I want to spend my time working on the rest of my crisis suits, so I can get a fully painted force ready to table as soon as possible.

Heldericht
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Aug 26 2016 01:28

Looks sweet! The basing is wonderful, all the colors work really well together.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Sep 05 2016 05:09

Update:

Assembled my commander and exhausted my supply of bases for my fire warriors. (Also immediately after this photo was taken I exhausted my supplier of primer :() Not shown is my progress on my drones, which includes six fully magnetized ones. Good progress is also being made on magnetizing all the weapon options. Progress is slow but steady, par for the course with me. One XV8 suit and four more fire warriors are currently on the painting table and will hopefully be done by the end of the week or next.

Return to “Project Logs”