Falsegod's Cadre Building Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Re: Falsegod's Cadre Building Log

Post#11 » Jul 21 2016 05:03

Ironsky wrote:What model is the brown basecoated figure in your last picture?

The one immediately to the left on the firewarrior? It is a Royal Guardsman from Starwars Imperial Assault box I am painting up.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jul 22 2016 10:57

Mini-update.

Firewarrior Shas'ui, Pathfinder with Ion Cannon, and some drones. At this level of painting I seem to be averaging about two finished models a day, but work on the Tau is interspersed with various different projects...

...speaking of which; here is a finished shot of some of those Star War figures Ironsky asked about.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jul 24 2016 04:35

Thanks. I've been looking for nice robed models for an Ethereal conversion. I will look into Royal guardsmen...

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Jul 28 2016 07:53

Another mini-update. Finished my first crisis suit today, weapons still need to be done. I was worried about the color scheme on such a big model, even after finishing the piranha, but I think it came out okay. Up next more firewarriors, then on to assembling my commander and the rest of the crisis suits.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#15 » Jul 28 2016 09:46

Looking good, as always. The pose is very dynamic and will look great on the table. I'm looking forward to your Commander.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Aug 04 2016 01:05

My friend gave me this yesterday....

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#17 » Aug 04 2016 01:47

Always wanted the Infiltration Cadre Burning Dawn box but other stuff always had priority because you don't actually save money with that box and the rules aren't THAT interesting either. :D
Anyway could you check something for me? The only thing I've found online shows that the Stealth Suits are actually missing the Shrouded USR on their datasheet in that box....which would be really weird and totally not worth getting precision shots instead.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Aug 05 2016 07:15

Stealth Team 'Darktide', is not listed as having shrouded. Yea at the exact same points cost as three regular XV25s, trading shrouded for precision shots is stupid.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#19 » Aug 05 2016 08:06

Welp...how to make an already overpriced unit completely useless. :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Aug 05 2016 05:11

Great work with your Crisis suit! It looks awesome :) I love that you added paint to the jet exhausts too. I did the same with mine, but I don't think I've taken any shots of it yet.
The days of goodly English is went

Return to “Project Logs”