The Nightwind Cadre - Mike's Glacial Tau - Now with Manta

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: The Nightwind Cadre - Mike's Glacial Tau - Now with Manta

Post#19 » Aug 31 2016 07:48

Look forward to the update on the detail painting - I was curious how you were going to appraoch the painting also; good to know :)

Valaas
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Sep 05 2016 06:25

Time is being split at the moment between the War Room and the Nightwind Cadre, not much progress on my Tau. Once my Kappa Base tile is complete I will be able to take a break from terrain and focus solely on my Tau.

In the meantime, here is a WIP of my Commander Nightwind:

It's not clear in the photos, but the commanders base is a detailed chuck of concrete rubble (resin), complete with rubble, rebar, pipes etc.

Here is the first of his 3 bodyguards, each one of the Forge World Suits:

As always comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Null
Fio

Post#21 » Sep 05 2016 03:43

Hey Valaas

Beautiful pose on a beautiful battlesuit! That a Forgeworld R'myr suit right? The pose you have chosen really highlights the graceful curves of the design. Can't wait to see it completed!

Gotta say; I'm really loving your project log so far - potential overload of awesome!

- Null

Valaas
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Sep 06 2016 03:07

Null wrote:Hey Valaas

Beautiful pose on a beautiful battlesuit! That a Forgeworld R'myr suit right? The pose you have chosen really highlights the graceful curves of the design. Can't wait to see it completed!

Gotta say; I'm really loving your project log so far - potential overload of awesome!

- Null

Thanks for the great feedback Null, hope I can keep up the 'awesome' going forwards!

You're correct that it is the R'myr suit, I just love the curves and the kite shield is just great!

Plan for the rest of the build is pretty dynamic with the weapon arm extended and shield raised, so he's firing as he launches himself. There will even be a very minor conversion with the addition of the first Farsight dawn blade (in metal) underslung between the twin plasma rifle.

Thanks again for the comments and encouragement.

Hope to have an update soon.

Cheers,
Valaas

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#23 » Sep 17 2016 09:06

I am really liking the launching pose also; and admire those early Forgeworld suits and their design style. I'll second for the update :D

Valaas
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Oct 10 2016 04:32

Tael wrote:I am really liking the launching pose also; and admire those early Forgeworld suits and their design style. I'll second for the update :D

Sorry Tael, no suit update just yet but I promise to get one up soon!

Finding myself jumping between various projects at the moment, depending on whats going on and how much time I have.

As a place holder here's what I'm working on in the form of some aerial support for my Tau.....the base is a working in progress with a cowering Cadian guardsman to be added sheltering in the ruin.

As always, comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#25 » Oct 10 2016 10:59

That classic Barracuda kit is awesome. I never got the chance to buy one and I sort of regret it. Flyers are some of my favorite things to build bases for as well because you have so much open space. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#26 » Oct 11 2016 08:38

Nice work, had to come check out your stuff since you viewing mine. Love the base for your flyer man!

Had not considered doing something like that for mine till now!

Vyper
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Feb 17 2017 09:50

Looking good fellow frater ;)

Valaas
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Apr 07 2017 07:31

Hi All,

You'll be glad to hear the Nightwind Cadre is far from death :dead: !

Due to work and family life and a few projects my Tau have had to take a bit of a back seat for a while.

With the up coming Golden Trolls painting competition, my focus is back on my Tau.

The plan is to scratch build flames to form the weapon discharge from a 'flying' Y'varha battlesuit, acting as the flying stand.

Its going to take some work, so anyone who might have done something similar, tips and recommendations would be gratefully received.

I'll post up some updates as they come in.

Cheers,
Valaas

Return to “Project Logs”