Vior'La Sept

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
chris13f
Shas'Saal

Vior'La Sept

Post#1 » Sep 08 2016 11:00

I have been workin gon my Vior'la Sept currently deployed on Yaisdra IX for our campaign http://worldcampaigns.blogspot.com/

My friends and I have started our own campaign to help us progress our army projects as well as just plain old fun :)

My forces are from the Vior'la Sept being led by Darkstrider. Here is fluff I've written so far on it.

"Now with Shadowsun leading T'au forces elsewhere she has Sent Vior'la High Command Sub-Commander El'Myamoto to command and advise Vior'la limited forces in the Yaisdra IX Expeditionary Force. Darkstrider knew the limited forces that had been committed to the Expeditonary Force would present a challenge. When he made planetfall under the cover of darkness, Darkstriders Taskforce consisted of a poorly equipped group of Advanced Insertion and Optimised Stealth Cadre along with Air Protection Squadrons consisting of Barracuda Air Superiorty Fighters, Tigershark Heavy Fighters, Razorshark Strike Fighters, Sunshark Bombers and an extremely limited number of the new Barracuda Ax-5-2 Multi Role Strike Fighter.

Darkstriders plan was simple, he would facilitate harrasing ground attacks on Imperial Forces while being supported by his Assigned Air Caste elements. Gue'vesa would also play a critical role in the insurrection of Yaisdra IX. The Gue'vesa (which literally means "Human Helper" in the Tau Lexicon) is the name the Tau have given to those humans who have willingly joined the Tau Empire. Many Gue'vesa now fight alongside the Tau Fire Caste on behalf of the Greater Good. They even take up arms when required against their fellow humans of the Imperium of Man. Needless to say, Gue'vesa are considered the worst kind of traitors to the Emperor of Mankind and are believed by the Ecclesiarchy to have been spiritually corrupted for willingly associating themselves with a xenos culture. The term Gue'vesa'la is given to the standard human troops of the line; their non-commissioned officers, equivalent to sergeants in the Imperial Guard, are known as Gue'vesa'ui. Darkstrider had one more trick up his sleeve; Jeakim Slovaz."

The first Cadres to land on Yaisdra have shunned their traditional white armor for a more concealing Ochre style. This allows them to me efficient in their low combat numbers until I build more cadre ( or their reinforcements arrive)

Image Gallery http://worldcampaigns.blogspot.com/p/project-gallery.html

Last edited by chris13f on Sep 10 2016 12:54, edited 2 times in total.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: Vior'La Sept

Post#2 » Sep 08 2016 11:42

Hi chris13f,
This post really does not meet our quality standards. Simply linking to external blogs isn't what we try to embrace at ATT. Instead, how about providing some more detailed information about your sept, its role in the campaign, its work in progress shots, your plans for the future, etc.

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 08 2016 12:04

Sorry Im new to all this ATT. Ill update this all today. Im a bit confused on how to get pics posted though

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#4 » Sep 09 2016 10:26

To post pictures you have to use the IMG tag. You need the URL of the picture itself contained within IMG tags and it will render in your post.

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 09 2016 10:40

How do I get the UGL

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Sep 09 2016 05:45

chris13f wrote:How do I get the UGL

I think he meant he URL. Just right click on a pic when you've uploaded it somewhere (imgur or such) -> open in new tab -> take what's in your adress field of your browser (for example "http://www.advancedtautactica.com/styles/subsilver2/theme/images/att_header.jpg" for this forums Banner you see above) -> Put that link between the img tags and you are done.
Alternatively you can just right click and select "copy picture adress" or similar instead of opening it in a new tab first. It's important the link ends on .png or similar.

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Sep 09 2016 08:55

Great thanks!!!!!!

Null
Fio

Post#8 » Sep 09 2016 09:23

Hey chris13f

Are those your mini's in the linked blog? They're absolutely killer! If that is the quality of painting your going to be brining to the ATT community then you've gotta post some stuff up! Please; pretty pretty please! :biggrin:

Something helpful you may want to check out is the "Official ATT Guide to posting Images". It's been compiled by the team for those of us who don't really have too much experience with that sort of thing. I found it incredibly helpful when I started.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some models posted to go with your fluff - looks interesting to say the least!

-Null

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Sep 09 2016 09:35

Thanks man. Yeah those are mine. I'm gonna try and post all my stuff on this thread but I hope you enjoy following the campaign. I'm building as the campaign progresses kind of like an escalation league with my friend.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Sep 10 2016 03:52

Very nice flyers... I think that's what I'm going to work on next for my cadre. They might not be the best choice for games, but they sure do look awesome. I also cool to see old, new, resin and plastics all in the one place fitting together so well. It is inspiring.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#11 » Sep 11 2016 11:11

Very nicely painted, and excellent work with updating the thread. The white wings on the AX-5-2 turned out really well, and very smooth, which is hard to do with white.

Return to “Project Logs”